Deron Williams, brook Lopez, and joe Johnson are all available.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you want
Lopez
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Williams
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Johnson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Deron Williams, brook Lopez, and joe Johnson are all available.

what are the chances we can grab Lopez or Williams or both without giving up any picks?
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject:

Because we are small in the front court I'd choose Lopez if he is physically able to play. No Picks, Non of our rookies and no Kobe, everyone else is fair game for trading.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject:

Didn't vote because there wasn't an option for "heck no to all of them"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject:

One look at their contracts should have anyone heading for zee hills.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject:

If anyone on this board doesn't think that Lopez would be the obvious choice, I don't know what to say. The guy is a legit 7' who can play with either his back to or facing the basket. He rebounds, defends and put points on the board. Not to mention he takes up a ton of space. Brook is the obvious choice here is Contract his not as big as either Williams or Johnson. We'd have to give up Hill in order to get him and that would hurt. I like Hill as a player he's totally competent out there on the floor and works hard! He's not the offensive guy we need to get over the hump, but in every other category he's the perfect fit for this team.
If we could do the deal without giving up Hill I would do it. Hill IMO is our backup Center hands down.
We need to get rid of the following people on this team, it's nothing personal.
Nash + Kelly + Henry + Sacre
Great guys but not really contributing anything to the team and taking up space and $$$..

If we can finagle Rondo and Lopez by the deadline, I'd bet we'd make the playoffs if we can get to .500 before then.

It makes no sense for this team to tank, Kobe has proven he's ready to play and we could have a solid core after he leaves for a few years with the Kentucky breeds (Rondo & Randle), Lopez in the middle, Young and Davis off the bench, things could look really promising.

Rondo + Kobe + Johnson + Davis + Lopez (Big 3 Rondo, Kobe, Lopez)
Price + Ellington + Young + Boozer + Hill (Solid Vet Bench/score & rebound)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject:

I watch a bunch of Nets games since I live in the region. Brook is not the answer. Few cons about him:

1. injuries
2. injuries
3. no defense
4. no rebounding
5. little hustle
6. foot speed a major problem, cannot finish games with him, gets pasted on transition defense.

Pros:

1. good offensive game. solid low post, mid-range game.

That's about it. He has the possibility of killing any forward momentum for the team in 2015 if he gets hurt again. Nets fans have been sorely disappointed by his inability to play. Availability is highly important and given our team's injury woes, no thank you.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject:

Pass on all of them. Easily. Let the Nets keep their mistakes.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject:

You know what, when I think about it... I'd rather have KG simply because I think he has enough in the tank and would mesh better with this current team. This Lakers team needs motivation and leadership, and KG and Kobe together would be just the right medicine for them to continue their winning ways.
If you look at just about every game they've played with a couple of exceptions, they've been fairly close. What they need are finishers and the team has that, so they lack confidence and self-esteem more than anything. There's only a few players that probably don't need to be on the team, but other than that, KG might just be the right dose of enthusiasm this team needs to get to the playoffs.
His 1 year ending Contract for Nash's and it's a done deal. Nets get flexibility and continue their loosing ways, lakers get a chance!
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: