Playlist Used By The CIA To Torture Detainees

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Playlist Used By The CIA To Torture Detainees

http://theantimedia.org/playlist-used-by-the-cia-to-torture-detainees/

Sesame Street theme song? Feel sad. Childhood.
Grammer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject:

I could fall asleep to Bodies or Rage Against the Machines.

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject:

Janeane Garofalo audio book? OMG
Grammer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject:

Here's the list :

Quote:
Deicide: (bleep) Your God
Dope: Die MF Die, Take Your Best Shot
Eminem: White America, Kim
Barney & Friends: theme song
Drowning Pool: Bodies
Metallica: Enter Sandman
Meow Mix: commercial jingle
Janeane Garofalo/Ben Stiller: chapter from the Feel This Audiobook
Sesame Street: theme song
David Gray: Babylon
AC/DC: Shoot to Thrill, Hell’s Bells
Bee Gees: Stayin’ Alive
Tupac: All Eyez On Me
Christina Aguilera: Dirrty
Neil Diamond: America
Rage Against the Machine: unspecified songs
Don McLean: American Pie
Saliva: Click Click Boom
Matchbox Twenty: Cold
(hed)pe: Swan Dive
Prince: Raspberry Beret

I'm going to go make a playlist on my iPhone called CIA just need to know which chapter from Feel This
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject:

All they'd have to do is play ACDC and I'd spill it after like 10 minutes, tops.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject:

Grammer wrote:
Here's the list :

Quote:

I'm going to go make a playlist on my iPhone called CIA just need to know which chapter from Feel This

Love "All Eyez on Me" and "Rasberry Beret"

Put some Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift in there and I'm giving up all my (bleep) in a hot minute.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Sesame Street and Barney are totally offensive to their religion.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised the Titanic theme song by Celine Dion was not on the list. That would be as painful as the decompression chamber torture scene in Clancy's Without Remorse.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Grammer wrote:
Here's the list :

Quote:

Put some Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift in there and I'm giving up all my (bleep) in a hot minute.

They put in the Meow Mix jingle to see if any of the detainees were secret cat fanciers. I know they tortured, but Meow Mix is funny. It'd be hard not to chuckle at that scene.

The detainees had to learn that Prince's boss Mr. McGee told him several times that didn't like his kind because he was a bit too leisurely.

Real torture would be some of those Yoko Ono songs where she was screeching and yelling. John used Yoko to troll us. Worse than that, they coulda played Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey singing to each other.

American Pie is a great song, but painfully dated. True story, when young Pac attended an artsy school, he was exposed to that song as an example of good lyricism. He said he actually liked it and "Wuthering Heights" by Kate Bush. Check out -that- ditty. Hard to imagine 2Pac ever listening to that sh, but it shows that at least the few conscious rappers listen well to a variety of music. Dre used the sh out of 70s Funk on Chronic. I read one of the unreleased bits on one of Snoop's albums was a duo with Teena Marie.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Grammer wrote:
Here's the list :

Quote:

They put in the Meow Mix jingle to see if any of the detainees were secret cat fanciers. I know they tortured, but Meow Mix is funny. It'd be hard not to chuckle at that scene.

The detainees had to learn that Prince's boss Mr. McGee told him several times that didn't like his kind because he was a bit too leisurely.

Real torture would be some of those Yoko Ono songs where she was screeching and yelling. John used Yoko to troll us. Worse than that, they coulda played Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey singing to each other.

American Pie is a great song, but painfully dated. True story, when young Pac attended an artsy school, he was exposed to that song as an example of good lyricism. He said he actually liked it and "Wuthering Heights" by Kate Bush. Check out -that- ditty. Hard to imagine 2Pac ever listening to that sh, but it shows that at least the few conscious rappers listen well to a variety of music. Dre used the sh out of 70s Funk on Chronic. I read one of the unreleased bits on one of Snoop's albums was a duo with Teena Marie.

LOL at the Mr. McGee line. But seriously, RB was a real gem of a song. It was very clever and of course outlined Prince's youthful lustfulness that was so much a part of those of us who were his biggest fans. That he was an incredible pop musician was another layer of course and his genius with riffs is of course legendary.

"American Pie" is exactly how you describe it. A great song whose only flaw was that it seems dated. It's kind of like the "Forest Gump" of American pop music. Not surprised that 'Pac was into it. Dude was conflicted to be sure, but one of those conflicted parts was a genius who saw virtually everything.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Grammer wrote:
Here's the list :

Quote:

I'm guessing it was the school of performing arts in B-More. If I'm not mistaken, he and Jada Pinkett were classmates. Man, I bet he hit that. Damn! I used to date her cousin. She was smokin' too, but not like Jada.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject:

"I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston should have been on that list.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:

No (bleep). I had a friend who tried to argue with me that Whitney Houston was a better singer than Sarah Vaughn. (bleep) almost ended a 30 year friendship...

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject:

LOL at the Mr. McGee line. But seriously, RB was a real gem of a song. It was very clever and of course outlined Prince's youthful lustfulness that was so much a part of those of us who were his biggest fans. That he was an incredible pop musician was another layer of course and his genius with riffs is of course legendary.

Always liked Prince. He was killin it in the 80s. Believe it or not, I just recently saw Purple Rain for the first time in years. Was laughin at Morris Day and Jerome, I like Morris' laugh "HA HAWWW!" Anyway, the guy was a hitmaker when he was with The Revolution, can't deny. Top notch guitarist, too, probably the least credited one back then, perhaps because Eddie was at his peak at the same time. His look kinda overtook his musicianship, he had about a thousand layers of imagery and that was during the massive growth of MTV and the switch from just hearing music acts on the radio to seeing them visually. Damn near all of them but Journey (who DID need makeup) embraced the medium and they really played up their "look". Prince was one that actually did benefit from MTV, maybe even more than Jackson.

We need Jada cousin pix. Just for research purposes. I'm sure she was cute. Probably petite like her cuz.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

Always liked Prince. He was killin it in the 80s. Believe it or not, I just recently saw Purple Rain for the first time in years. Was laughin at Morris Day and Jerome, I like Morris' laugh "HA HAWWW!" Anyway, the guy was a hitmaker when he was with The Revolution, can't deny. Top notch guitarist, too, probably the least credited one back then, perhaps because Eddie was at his peak at the same time. His look kinda overtook his musicianship, he had about a thousand layers of imagery and that was during the massive growth of MTV and the switch from just hearing music acts on the radio to seeing them visually. Damn near all of them but Journey (who DID need makeup) embraced the medium and they really played up their "look". Prince was one that actually did benefit from MTV, maybe even more than Jackson.

Well, you know how much of a music snob I am and I'm not going to lie. As pop musicians go, I put Prince #1 all time. I've seen him live about 20 times, including his first show in LA back in 1979 at "The Roxy." For the genre, he's a World Class guitarist, bassist and drummer, knows his way around the keyboard too. His after shows are simply legendary. I remember standing about 3 feet from him as he jammed, with Shiela E. on drums, until about 4 am at House of Blues in Vegas once.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

We need Jada cousin pix. Just for research purposes. I'm sure she was cute. Probably petite like her cuz.

I wish I had one. That was back in the day before our smart phones. She was an actress/stunt woman/body double. She was too flighty to marry but we had some good times.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:

No (bleep). I had a friend who tried to argue with me that Whitney Houston was a better singer than Sarah Vaughn. (bleep) almost ended a 30 year friendship...

The sheer amount of times that "I Will Always..." was played in 92. Man, tell if I'm wrong here, but that song has more lingering resonance in the neurons of the brain than Macarena did, and they probably played that even more times. When I read the word Macarena, the song doesn't start faintly playing in the dark recesses of my brain, but when I read "I Will Always Love You", it does start playing. It's definitely an earworm. That would classify as mental torture.

Whitney doing live Natl Anthem at Kareem's retirement tour in Jersey, 1988/9. She looked good then. Probably pre-troubles:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: