Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 271, 272, 273  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Lost and found

Quote:
@Dodgers: Great news! Vin Scully's 1988 World Series ring has been found. (This was not a drill -- Vin thanks everyone for their concern.)
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
Quote:
@Dodgers: While Christmas shopping today, Vin Scully lost his 1988 World Series ring. If you find it, please contact the Dodgers at (323) 224-1500.

I still remember Vinny calling the Game 1 homer by Gibson. He later said that he was so electrified that he couldn't get to sleep that night.

"In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened." What a great line. And he said it after Gibby rounded the bases not wanting to ruin the moment and letting the TV audience feel the full verberation of Dodgers Stadium. In a business where broadcasters tend to steal the spotlight, Vin was always a pros pro allowing the moment itself to shine. Vinny is the best.

Kiss my Converse.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Now the Padres are gonan try to strong arm the Dodgers to give up more salary to take Kemp, even though it's very suspicious that his medical records were leaked, which is illegal to do anyways, but I guess as long as SD can leverage LA to give up more $$$, all's fair. Sorta reminds me of the Gary Payton deal... except Payton was healthy and just being unprofessional and that cost the Lakers more.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Now the Padres are gonan try to strong arm the Dodgers to give up more salary to take Kemp, even though it's very suspicious that his medical records were leaked, which is illegal to do anyways, but I guess as long as SD can leverage LA to give up more $$$, all's fair. Sorta reminds me of the Gary Payton deal... except Payton was healthy and just being unprofessional and that cost the Lakers more.

For Kemp, who gets the money no matter what, can try to get his new game more or try to stay in L.A. ITs win win for kemp. Im sure its perfectly legal for Kemp to leak it
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

For Kemp, who gets the money no matter what, can try to get his new game more or try to stay in L.A. ITs win win for kemp. Im sure its perfectly legal for Kemp to leak it

I don't see why Kemp would leak that he's even more damaged. That would impact his next deal if he still thinks he could play. I guess I can see him doing it if he feels this is his version of the middle finger to LA for trading him.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

I don't see why Kemp would leak that he's even more damaged. That would impact his next deal if he still thinks he could play. I guess I can see him doing it if he feels this is his version of the middle finger to LA for trading him.

Kemp can't exactly hide that information from them than spring it in a leak to the public. It's his medial records. I'm sure in the process of due diligence, they asked for it and they got it.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@ramonashelburne: Dodgers deal w/ Pads on Kemp is gonna go through. They didn't have to give up anything extra, after that ordeal

It's happening
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

For who? not for him, he's set. There is nothing they can do to kemp that will damage his contract.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Then again, maybe the Dodgers leaked it, to get to where we got--that is for fans to realize this deal is by far the best the Dodgers could get and to go back would leave the team in a horrible situation--and the fans would then be ever so grateful that the deal went through.

Of course I don't have any evidence and don't really believe this is true. All I know is, I'm now glad the trade was made.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject:

Glad we didn't have to give up any more cash to get the Kemp trade finalized.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject:

why am i not surprised dumb ass Padres traded for another NL West retreats in Upton. they've been collecting NL West's used up trash since the Mike Piazza days.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
why am i not surprised dumb ass Padres traded for another NL West retreats in Upton. they've been collecting NL West's used up trash since the Steve Garvey days.

Corrected.
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject:

Garvey did at least help the friars get to the World Series in his second year. Whatever AJ Prellar is on, he should send some over.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject:

True, and I've conveniently erased from memory his "can't miss, HOF replacement," the inestimable Greg Brock.
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

What does it matter if people know he's more damaged? that contract is 100 percent guaranteed. It will cost him nothing, but him being able to say, well, im dealing with these issues if he sucks next year. It could have also potentially blocked the trade if he didnt want to go to S.D. There is no lose in this situation for Matt.

Anyways, he's a goner now, nothing more was lost. Time for the 2015 season.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Then again, maybe the Dodgers leaked it, to get to where we got--that is for fans to realize this deal is by far the best the Dodgers could get and to go back would leave the team in a horrible situation--and the fans would then be ever so grateful that the deal went through.

Of course I don't have any evidence and don't really believe this is true. All I know is, I'm now glad the trade was made.

The Dodgers most definitely did not leak it. It seems clear that the Padres new GM leaked the information to squeeze more out of the Dodgers. Apparently the Padres' new GM has done it before in the past. I'm glad LA put him in his place and said hell no and he finally relented. I just feel it's bad form to be leaking anyone's personal private medical information just to use as leverage in trade talks.
mudslider1313
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm really looking forward to this new FO. Already feels like they know what direction they want to go. Tired of the colletti era of just handed out big contracts and hope guys stick/mesh well together. Impressed to hear the FO didn't balk at the Padres pressing them for more money. Too me that sends the message that they know what they value and won't back down from their view point. Obviously I hope I feel the same way come summertime. Overall, just excited for the 2015 dodgers.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
What is the current 40 man roster? Do we still have Van Slyke and Turner?

I don't like Kemp leaving for what we got in return, but I would like to see those two guys get more at bats assuming they are still on the roster.

Code:
01   Juan Nicasio
02   Adam Liberatore
03   Clayton Kershaw
04   Chris Hatcher
05   Mike Bolsinger
06   Yimi Garcia
07   Carlos Frias
08   Chris Withrow
09   Pedro Baez
10   Daniel Coulombe
11   Hyun-jin Ryu
12   Paco Rodriguez
13   Zach Lee
14   J.P. Howell
15   Zack Greinke
16   Chris Reed
17   Brandon McCarthy
18   Kenley Jansen
19   Joel Peralta
20   Brandon League
21   Yasiel Puig
22   Erisbel Arruebarrena
23   Enrique Hernandez
24   Austin Barnes
25   Kyle Jensen
26   Scott Schebler
27   Joc Pederson
28   Tim Federowicz
29   Adrian Gonzalez
30   Carl Crawford
31   Howie Kendrick
32   Andre Ethier
33   Darwin Barney
34   A.J. Ellis
35   Justin Turner
36   Matt Kemp
37   Scott Van Slyke
38   Chris Heisey
39   Juan Uribe
40   Alex Guerrero

Thank you, very nice to have it in that clear format!

I have a feeling more moves are coming, Padres are going nuts.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@Dodgers: The Dodgers have officially signed P Brett Anderson and designated SS Erisbel Arruebarrena for assignment.

It's official now.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
Quote:
@Dodgers: The Dodgers have officially signed P Brett Anderson and designated SS Erisbel Arruebarrena for assignment.

It's official now.

Dang it... I thought it was gonna be news about a Cole Hamels trade to LA.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
True, and I've conveniently erased from memory his "can't miss, HOF replacement," the inestimable Greg Brock.

I remember being at Dodger Stadium and Greg B. hitting a regular grounder to short, and deciding not to run, since we was going to be out....The shortstop bobbled the ball, dropped it, and still threw Greg B. out by 60 feet. He got one of the worst booing's I've ever heard at a professional game to a hometown player....
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Somebody else voicing my concerns, as (too?) often listed herein:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodgers-pitching-rotation-20141231-story.html

Quote:
That looks like a lot of mediocrity behind the projected rotation, and calling it mediocre might be kind.

Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

A lot will come down to how well Pederson and Grandal play. Both could be above average players or fail. I have seen some projection systems with both of their OPS's in the 780-830 range. If we get that the lineup will be just fine.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Somebody else voicing my concerns, as (too?) often listed herein:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodgers-pitching-rotation-20141231-story.html

Quote:
That looks like a lot of mediocrity behind the projected rotation, and calling it mediocre might be kind.

I don't know. I think if they can sign one of the top remaining FA starters they'll do it. They don't want to weaken their bargaining position by saying "yes we want another all-star starter"

Quote:
Of course, it should be noted Zaidi said Dee Gordon was their second baseman and they were not dangling him to other teams, and then traded him the next day.

So possibly it’s just a signing strategy. And just possibly, you’d better really love the rotation as it is.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject:

So, based on Scherzer's contract, we can assume, without a doubt, that Zach is going to opt-out after this year. Obviously he's going to want to (and deserves to) get paid more than Scherzer, but can the team really consider paying Zach more than they're paying Clayton? Hard to swallow for me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 271, 272, 273  Next
Page 17 of 273
Jump to: