Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject:

yo, @MJST wtff is this
lmao

this Wright kid is a legit 6'5 or 6'6. where Clarkson is really 6'4. just saying.
I'll keep my eye out for him now. Maybe he would actually be a nice pickup with the HOU pick.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yo, @MJST wtff is this
lmao

this Wright kid is a legit 6'5 or 6'6. where Clarkson is really 6'4. just saying.
I'll keep my eye out for him now. Maybe he would actually be a nice pickup with the HOU pick.

That's athleticism
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Thoughts on Branden Dawson from Michigan St. in the second round?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject:

Dawson can't shoot, would be a liability on the offensive end. In the 2nd I would prefer Aaron Harrison. He's already a good defender and can shoot. Has some Wes Matthews in his game but more potential, he'll be a really good starter and role player. He also has chemistry with Randle, both play well together. He would backup Kobe for a year and start at SG the following year.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject:

Second round

Juwan Staten
Marcus Paige
Wayne Selden
Jerian Grant
Kaleb Tarczewski

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Jerian Grant upset Michigan St.

Hoping he slips to the 2nd round since he's a 5th year senior.

Stronger, more polished playmaker than Jordan Clarkson.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Second round

Juwan Staten
Marcus Paige
Wayne Selden
Jerian Grant
Kaleb Tarczewski

Of that list I'd say Grant is the strongest
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:25 am    Post subject:

I would love to see the lakers draft a true center, PG, or wing player. No more "combo" guards or "tweener" bigmen (unless they are between 4/5 like towns)

My draft list by preference right now is

Tier 1

Okafor, mudiay, Johnson

Tier 2

WCS, Levert, tyus jones

Tier 3

Kaminsky, wright, seldon (I think he stays another year)
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject:

I can also see guys like kaminsky and wright dropping to the second because of thier age. It happens every draft. Especially considering neither are sure to be playing their respective positions in the NBA. We see guys like wright every draft who are "big PGs" at the ncaa level and never pan out in the NBA.

Not taking away from their talent but I just don't see either of them being taken in the first round unless this draft is really weak. How many stretch 5's are starting in the NBA right now? They are usually role players and only valued in certain coaches systems. Kaminsky is a coach pop guy for sure. Personally I feel like if kamisky can defend in the paint at an average clip he could Make one of these lightning quick PGs practically unstoppable.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject:

If we actually ran then princeton offense and kamisky could defend the paint he would be the perfect fit.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Second round

Juwan Staten
Marcus Paige
Wayne Selden
Jerian Grant
Kaleb Tarczewski

Paige and Staten are the strongest. I just hope they get drafted over Grant.

Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject:

Mike, what do you think of D'Angelo Russell?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
MJST wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Second round

Juwan Staten
Marcus Paige
Wayne Selden
Jerian Grant
Kaleb Tarczewski

Paige and Staten are the strongest. I just hope they get drafted over Grant.

Eh, Paige looks solid but I worry about his shooting percentages, same with Staten who was 5'11 with a 6'3 wingspan.

And as you worried about Delon Wright being 6'5 with his 6'6 wingspan, Paige has a 6'4 wingspan but is also 6'1 or 6'2. That and shooting 37% from the field and 32% inside the 3 point line is something I watch out for. Ty Lawson he is not whom was a 53% from the field 47% from three kind of guy.

I guess that's why these guys are 2nd round bound and Ty was not. But I worry about the scoring efficiency of Paige and Staten having trouble being efficient at the NCAA level. For Paige it's scarier because it's such a severe drop off from the 44%/37% guy he was last year. He has the athleticism though. But for a guy his size he'll need to do better if he's going to be a true difference maker in the NBA. He needs to get those percentages back up.

It's probably the reason why I'd go with Grant and his 57% from the field 37% from three percentages and the fact he's gotten better each year.

Paige and Staten probably still get picked higher than him though. Hopefully. So the Lakers can draft him.

I think what works against Grant is that he's not as athletic as Paige or Staten.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

I worry about wingspan by height as a ratio. Besides, these guys are mid 2nd round types and their relative height and length is similar to Chris Paul.

Paige is a shifty PG. Staten is a flat out quick/fast PG. I'm not worried about their shooting percentages yet.

Delon Wright, I actually like, I'm just concerned because for his height, he's especially light, even for a PG.

Lawson wasn't a concern because he had the strength, speed, and quickness all on one.

But I prefer Jerian Grant, not just because of the NBA size, but the playmaking mentality out of a SG position. He has one change of direction off the dribble, but does a second change of direction with his footwork, then uses his height and length to elevate for shots up close.

Honestly, he should be a 1st rounder. Good athlete, very good skills. But, if he slips, he's my steal.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
I worry about wingspan by height as a ratio. Besides, these guys are mid 2nd round types and their relative height and length is similar to Chris Paul.

Paige is a shifty PG. Staten is a flat out quick/fast PG. I'm not worried about their shooting percentages yet.

Delon Wright, I actually like, I'm just concerned because for his height, he's especially light, even for a PG.

Lawson wasn't a concern because he had the strength, speed, and quickness all on one.

But I prefer Jerian Grant, not just because of the NBA size, but the playmaking mentality out of a SG position. He has one change of direction off the dribble, but does a second change of direction with his footwork, then uses his height and length to elevate for shots up close.

Honestly, he should be a 1st rounder. Good athlete, very good skills. But, if he slips, he's my steal.

I agree, he'd be my steal too in the 2nd round.

Also as far as the first rounders go, Kelly Oubre had a solid game today.

Bill Self being Bill Self said he still wasn't going to start him originally.

Quote:

Bill Self on Kelly Oubre: "He wasn't going to start today; that was a gift from Brannen Greene."

Well he did start and had 23/10 on 60% shooting. Whether that was just an outburst from Oubre being kept on the bench and the game slowing down.

We'll see hwere he goes from there.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject:

I know Oubre had a good game. Still not a fan.

1 direction driver. Perimeter shooter, but somewhat inconsistent. Those are his best two skills.

I wouldn't take Oubre Top 5.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Mike, what do you think of D'Angelo Russell?

Light.
Directional driver. Offensive game is based around consistent perimeter shooting. Unusually good soft touch within the painted area. Great feel for the game. Plays within his limitations with ball-handling.

Needs to refine ball-handling. Shoots across his forehead. Streaky shooter.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:41 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

1 direction driver. Perimeter shooter, but somewhat inconsistent. Those are his best two skills.

The problem I see with him is that for all his scoring his handle... really isn't that impressive. Even when I'd watch highlight videos I'd be amazed that he hadn't gotten the ball ripped from him and his first step didn't seem as quick as advertised. He's athletic, he can score, but I don't know, something just seems off. He seems like he'd be a microwave kind of guy, he can catch cold streaks, and hot streaks and be inconsistent. But idk he just doesn't seem like someone who would breakdown defenses and score outside of just pulling up in their faces and hoping it goes in.
Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I can also see guys like kaminsky and wright dropping to the second because of thier age. It happens every draft. Especially considering neither are sure to be playing their respective positions in the NBA. We see guys like wright every draft who are "big PGs" at the ncaa level and never pan out in the NBA.

Not taking away from their talent but I just don't see either of them being taken in the first round unless this draft is really weak. How many stretch 5's are starting in the NBA right now? They are usually role players and only valued in certain coaches systems. Kaminsky is a coach pop guy for sure. Personally I feel like if kamisky can defend in the paint at an average clip he could Make one of these lightning quick PGs practically unstoppable.

Kaminsky struggled against Kentuckys bigs last year, I wasn't impressed.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

The problem I see with him is that for all his scoring his handle... really isn't that impressive. Even when I'd watch highlight videos I'd be amazed that he hadn't gotten the ball ripped from him and his first step didn't seem as quick as advertised. He's athletic, he can score, but I don't know, something just seems off. He seems like he'd be a microwave kind of guy, he can catch cold streaks, and hot streaks and be inconsistent. But idk he just doesn't seem like someone who would breakdown defenses and score outside of just pulling up in their faces and hoping it goes in.

That's how it is for this wing class.

They have trouble using the dribble with speed, keeping it low, even using it as a "lead dribble" when attacking the basket.

If you're drafting a wing this year, it's for defense first with Stanley Johnson and Justise Winslow.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
MJST wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

That's how it is for this wing class.

They have trouble using the dribble with speed, keeping it low, even using it as a "lead dribble" when attacking the basket.

If you're drafting a wing this year, it's for defense first with Stanley Johnson and Justise Winslow.

Agreed
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject:

Am I the only one not enamored with this draft class? I don't really see much star potential with the first 5 picks. Okafor seems to be the consensus number 1 pick. I think he will be a great offensive player but question his potential defensively, and from what I've read he is not very athletic.

I will admit that I don't know very much about Karl Towns but I think I'd prefer him over Okafor if given the chance to choose (given what I've read). However, I forgot where I read this but I remember reading someone comparing Towns to Bynum by the way their body is built and how he runs. After watching some video he seems to have similar lower body proportions as Bynum (skinny legs, weird run) which scares me into thinking he will be injury prone. If I had the #1 pick though I'd still choose him, I just see him as having more potential over Okafor due to his athletic ability.

As for Mudiay, I've read many people question his ability to transition to the NBA as a point guard. His performance in the weak China league was nothing special (fringe NBA players have dominated that league), and I read he has a high dribble which will give him problems at the next level. I haven't really seen much of him besides Youtube videos but there seems to be a lot of questions projecting him because his competition is so weak. I wish he played in the NCAA instead, but nevertheless, I'm not too high on him based on what I've read.

WCS is currently projected as the #4 pick on draftexpress. Hes older (going to be 22 at the draft) and reminds of a Tyson Chandler/Samuel Dalembert type. I think he will be a good player, a good starter in the league, but I don't see star potential in him at all. He also has sickle cell disease apparently, and I'm not sure how well that bodes for the length of his career?

Myles Turner, I've read, may return to school for his sophomore year. Even then I don't really see star potential in him.

Sorry for such a long post, I'm just trying to share my thoughts, but yeah, I'm honestly not very excited about this draft class. Nobody really stands out for me. Karl Towns is probably my favorite player out of the lot but I'm not really high on anybody else. And I'm not really as excited about Towns as I should be over a top 2 prospect, but maybe I should watch him more.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
Am I the only one not enamored with this draft class? I don't really see much star potential with the first 5 picks. Okafor seems to be the consensus number 1 pick. I think he will be a great offensive player but question his potential defensively, and from what I've read he is not very athletic.

I will admit that I don't know very much about Karl Towns but I think I'd prefer him over Okafor if given the chance to choose (given what I've read). However, I forgot where I read this but I remember reading someone comparing Towns to Bynum by the way their body is built and how he runs. After watching some video he seems to have similar lower body proportions as Bynum (skinny legs, weird run) which scares me into thinking he will be injury prone. If I had the #1 pick though I'd still choose him, I just see him as having more potential over Okafor due to his athletic ability.

As for Mudiay, I've read many people question his ability to transition to the NBA as a point guard. His performance in the weak China league was nothing special (fringe NBA players have dominated that league), and I read he has a high dribble which will give him problems at the next level. I haven't really seen much of him besides Youtube videos but there seems to be a lot of questions projecting him because his competition is so weak. I wish he played in the NCAA instead, but nevertheless, I'm not too high on him based on what I've read.

WCS is currently projected as the #4 pick on draftexpress. Hes older (going to be 22 at the draft) and reminds of a Tyson Chandler/Samuel Dalembert type. I think he will be a good player, a good starter in the league, but I don't see star potential in him at all. He also has sickle cell disease apparently, and I'm not sure how well that bodes for the length of his career?

Myles Turner, I've read, may return to school for his sophomore year. Even then I don't really see star potential in him.

Sorry for such a long post, I'm just trying to share my thoughts, but yeah, I'm honestly not very excited about this draft class. Nobody really stands out for me. Karl Towns is probably my favorite player out of the lot but I'm not really high on anybody else. And I'm not really as excited about Towns as I should be over a top 2 prospect, but maybe I should watch him more.

I really like Karl Towns too. The only thing i question about him, is where he's gunna make a good living offensively in the NBA. He hasn't handled contact in the low post well - high school or college. I don't see him being able to really make Centers move in the NBA - he can get stronger, but i don't think he'll ever be a force on the block vs. Centers. His perimeter game does have a lot of potential though, and it may be where he has to make a living at Center in the NBA.
Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

I really like Karl Towns too. The only thing i question about him, is where he's gunna make a good living offensively in the NBA. He hasn't handled contact in the low post well - high school or college. I don't see him being able to really make Centers move in the NBA - he can get stronger, but i don't think he'll ever be a force on the block vs. Centers. His perimeter game does have a lot of potential though, and it may be where he has to make a living at Center in the NBA.

Calipari is the first coach that has put towns on the block in his life. Thats why he is struggling with physicality, but he is blocking shots and rebounding. At the end of the year he should be more physical. They are challenging him to not fade away, and to not complain about getting fouls because if he fades he won't get foul calls. Oh and about WCS and sickle cell, its not full blown sickle cell disease, its just the trait. I think last year it was just a excuse for his inconsistency. This year he has played multiple games over 32 minutes without being tired.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject:

He did the same with Cousins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 8 of 36
Jump to: