We can't find a better point guard than Ronnie Price?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abella134
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject:

maybe he did the 1000 practice shots
terpski
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject:

Price played well. You just know B.Scott is just so happy for his favorite player.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject:

Ronnie Price is a Mitch Kupchak special. God bless his soul.
Firelord_Rag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject:

Sadly Price's shooting performance last night will further solidify BS's game plan of permanently giving Price more minutes.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject:

1 game doesn't erase nearly a decade of middling play.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

I was going to give him props for messing up Westbrook's rhythm a bit with his first quarter full court pressure, but then Russ started taking it to him over and over and over again.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Ronnie Price is a Mitch Kupchak special. God bless his soul.

Price is the kind of player you end up with when you're a down and out team trying to build a team from the NBA dumpster.

Better get used to it. Even if we add a top 5 pick next year, we still have to either re-sign or replace all the replacement players we have now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Middling? That's a kind word.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject:

I think at this point it's pretty clear. Price is a mediocre back up PG and Lin is a good back up PG and a mediocre starting PG. Price is suited better to play with this half court but still gunnin version of Kobe (focus on D and spot up... except his fg% hasn't been good sans thunder game). Lin is suited better for the run n gun bench mob along with boozer and SwaggyP... I don't see much drop off from our starting 5 to our bench 5 collectively.
I wanted to see more Clarkson but Wayne Ellington is playing rather well backing up Kobe.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject:

He discovered someone better than his usual self for a while, then it was back to the old Price club again.

Come on Ronnie, bring it back for more than a quarter.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I think at this point it's pretty clear. Price is a mediocre back up PG and Lin is a good back up PG and a mediocre starting PG. Price is suited better to play with this half court but still gunnin version of Kobe (focus on D and spot up... except his fg% hasn't been good sans thunder game). Lin is suited better for the run n gun bench mob along with boozer and SwaggyP... I don't see much drop off from our starting 5 to our bench 5 collectively.
I wanted to see more Clarkson but Wayne Ellington is playing rather well backing up Kobe.

What I like about the current makeup of starting and bench lineups is that they play differently. It potentially gives Scott an extra tool to try and keep games close.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
governator wrote:

What I like about the current makeup of starting and bench lineups is that they play differently. It potentially gives Scott an extra tool to try and keep games close.

I don't like it because it puts too much pressure on Kobe to carry the unit offensively (Price is not going to be on fire every night- in fact it's usually the opposite). Also, it prevents our best PnR roll man to work with our best PnR PG.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
laserboy wrote:
governator wrote:

I don't like it because it puts too much pressure on Kobe to carry the unit offensively (Price is not going to be on fire every night- in fact it's usually the opposite). Also, it prevents our best PnR roll man to work with our best PnR PG.

The results over these past 6 games has been alright, imho. I think we're moving in the right direction. Yesterday's game was a good example of how others can fill the scoring void without a big night from Kobe, despite the outlier from Price. But, that's the beauty of basketball. It's a team sport and anybody can end up contributing big.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: