Thank You Mitch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Oh and when summer comes and we don't end up in the top 5 and strike out on all of the free agents please don't start a thread saying you were all in for Rondo.

One of the dumbest moves, or non-moves, we have made in a few years. We had a shot at an actual star for nothing, a protection for a pick we won't even get equals nothing, and we didn't jump on it.

Rondo will be 29 next season and has an injury history.

I really want to see the Lakers building for the future by picking up some great prospects in their early to mid-20s, rather than throwing money at players like Rondo who are already past their peak.

Those guys aren't available in this CBA. One player has spurned his team's qualyfing offer (Monroe) since 2011. The others all went with contracts that basically tie them up until their late 20's. That is why the draft has become more important.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject:

So people want a guy who doesn't produce like in his prime and is a borderline franchise player to take up the cap space?

Doesn't make sense.

That's why Mitch asked for A LOT if Rondo was going to be acquired.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject:

I would gladly send jeremy lin and Ed Davis to okc for Perkins, Reggie, and thier 2015 first and second round pick. Let's do business.

Then I would turn around and offer to take Lopez off of brooklyns hands for a future first rounder or they can get a third team involved and send us that teams 2015 first.

I'd blow this team up in a heart beat right after all-star break and tank the rest of the season for our Suns pick. Give Reggie the rest of the season to "try-out" before wasting millions on him and hope Lopez comes back next season and plays like a beast in his contract year. The. Trade his sorry ass next season around all star break for more picks. #beast

Btw I'm a monster on NBA 2k as a GM. Lakers are in full tank mode and I've aqcuired 4 2015 first round picks. I plan to turn 3 of those and ranlde into Okafor then draft Levert with the second first. Try and recreate some kobe/shaq Magic in LA!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I would gladly send jeremy lin and Ed Davis to okc for Perkins, Reggie, and thier 2015 first and second round pick. Let's do business.

Then I would turn around and offer to take Lopez off of brooklyns hands for a future first rounder or they can get a third team involved and send us that teams 2015 first.

I'd blow this team up in a heart beat right after all-star break and tank the rest of the season for our Suns pick. Give Reggie the rest of the season to "try-out" before wasting millions on him and hope Lopez comes back next season and plays like a beast in his contract year. The. Trade his sorry ass next season around all star break for more picks. #beast

Btw I'm a monster on NBA 2k as a GM. Lakers are in full tank mode and I've aqcuired 4 2015 first round picks. I plan to turn 3 of those and ranlde into Okafor then draft Levert with the second first. Try and recreate some kobe/shaq Magic in LA!

I was just about to say you must be amazing in MyLeague and MyGM for 2k15. Too funny. I'm not sure Lin and Davis have the value to pull off that trade in real life.
But if it were possible, I would fully support it.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

I was just about to say you must be amazing in MyLeague and MyGM for 2k15. Too funny. I'm not sure Lin and Davis have the value to pull off that trade in real life.
But if it were possible, I would fully support it.

Lol man kobes contract is impossible to move! You really have to just try and make moves around him and it's pretty challenging. He will veto any trade you include him in lol
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Thank You Mitch

kikanga wrote:
Voices wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Voices wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:
Thank you Mitch for not destroying our cap space or ejecting our future draft picks for Rondo.

Rondo is good but what Dallas gave up for him is absolutely stupid and helps to make them redundant in a year or two.

I would give up one decent player for him but Boston gets to finally unload him which is great for them and they get to build on more draft picks and the players they got or good.

I was really worried the Lakers would make a run for him but it seems the Mavs were willing to give up everything for that guy which is fine with me.

Did you thank Mitch when he gave up 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks for an old injury prone PG named Steve Nash?

Hell yes, LG was enthralled with that deal. Only Nash hadn't been injury prone, I realize you added that to play toward your bias. Check the records and you will see how wrong you are.

LG posters do not get paid to make player personal decisions. Posters have every right to look back and reassess. When you are the one that actually pulls the strings and you determine two first round picks for an old injury prone player is s good deal then you should be fired, there are very few players in today's NBA that are worth two first round picks. The Lakers should of been able to make a deal with an UFA with one first round pick. Nash was in the drivers seat and wanted to be a Laker, he could of force the Suns to deal with the Lakers or risk getting nothing in return. One first round pick was a lot and should of been acceptable.

You two have had this convo a zillion times. Nash played 62 games at his lowest minutes per game in a decade his last year in Phoenix. The writing on the wall was there. The excited LG fans (myself included) weren't paying attention to the details. But that doesn't mean it excuses our FO's decision.
A good and bad FO in the NBA is relative to the other FOs around the league. And we got played by Phoenix's FO. They figured Nash's best years were behind him. That's why they invested in Dragic.

See bold, you are correct, but that trade is not the tip of the iceberg it is the iceberg, one of the worst trades in the history of pro sports. Because of CBA's that are now part of pro sports every single move is critical. Mortgaging the future when you are betting that two old great players will win a championship with two 7 footers that have questionable motives is not prudent management, all the writing that was on the walls turned out to be correct. Dwight left 30 mil on the table, his voice was clear, he did not want to be a Lakers and the Lakers only made his decision easier by hiring a coach that he would never play for, Gasol was in pout mode going back to 2011 and that was poison for the team. Between Gasol and Dwight the message was millions and millions of dollars would be left in Jim's pockets, 30 mil by Dwight and at least 12 mil by Gasol, 42 million dollars left on the table to leave the Lakers, something is drastically wrong!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: