Building around julius randle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
i really hope Randle works on that 18 footer jumper. He really cant run or do anything. I think he can stand just shoot that jumper day and night so he has that down. having that jumper down would scare bigs so he could easily face up and take them off the dribble.

building around randle. anyteam needs a good center. someone to protect the paint, grab boards, have the strength to guard other big men.

a nice point guard would be ideal to run pick and roll with randle.

A WING that can get his at will, so no to much pressure for the kid to carry offensive load

another 3and D wing

Brandon Knight and Karl Towns would fit nicely with him. Both are attainable if we get blessed with a high pick.

It'll be tough to find a 3&D wing. Maybe we can draft one with Hou 1st and let him develop while we spend money on Matthews or Aflalo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
RUSSELL WESTBROOK or KEVIN DURANT teaming up with my boy GORAN DRAGIC will be the FOUNDATION of YOUR Los Angeles Lakers!

If the lakers have westbrook, why would they go after dragic? That makes no sense.

Why wouldn't they? Westbrook is a SHOOTING GUARD. If you really believe he's a PG ... hahahahaha

Westbrook has played pg his whole career in the NBA. That's his position. And not only that but he doesn't have the height to play shooting guard. He would be an undersized sg if you moved him to the 2. So the only person making funny comments is you.

Like Tim Duncan is a "PF" right? hahaha

Yes
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Randle is obviously an integral piece to the Lakers future, but I'm not sure he's the piece to build around for years to come. So far IMO on this current roster here are the future players who might stick around a while:

Hill/Young/Randle/Davis/Clarkson possibly Lin, but I doubt it, I think he's one and done with the Lakers, but you never know. Johnson is on the bubble, his defense is the best thing going for him alongside his potential(which is dated).

Thats a good young athletic core, with Swaggy being possibly the oldest of that bunch and with his prime soon approaching.

The keys to a Lakers Dynasty have always been pretty much the same in that we had All Stars at 2/3 key positions; PG, C or SF.

With Randle playing the 4 spot and being someone who can score and create his own shot; a defensive minded 5 along with a Scoring/Passing PG are the key ingredients to a solid future for the Lakers.

I don't know who's available or who will be, but IMO that's what we will need. I think the piece to build around in that sense would be a Dominant PG who can play both ends and create for himself and others with adequate size and speed, who will be a Superstar in this league.

That my friends will make up the next Lakers Dynasty and I'm not sure that player is in the league yet!
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject:

Maybe I'm wrong for saying this but they made a huge mistake by now taking zach lavine. Seeing all these young dynamic point guards right now why go back in time by drafting a flat footed big?
I think Randle will be a quality pf or 2nd option type but not a game changer in today's nba.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject:

Purp&Gold wrote:
Good post, I think he needs a defense first kind of center next to him.

Randle will be a Laker HOF and would be leading the rookie of the year race right now if he was healthy.

and you know this because? I don't know about the rest of you but he might not be any good......we don't know. The little we saw of him tells us nothing.
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject:

I like Julius Randle and I think when he gets healthy, he's going to be a very good NBA player. However, I don't think you build a team around him. Historically, NBA championship dynasties are not built around Power Forward. (Malone, Barkley, etc.). Sure you can win a title a title(Dirk, Garnett, ect.), but Tim Duncan is really the only power forward you can build a dynasty around, and he happens to be the greatest power forward of all time (some of you even argue he's not even a power forward).

But if we have a front line with Jahlil Okafor and Julius Randle, that's a nice start
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong for saying this but they made a huge mistake by now taking zach lavine. Seeing all these young dynamic point guards right now why go back in time by drafting a flat footed big?
I think Randle will be a quality pf or 2nd option type but not a game changer in today's nba.

The Wolves? Confusing post, Lavine is on the Wolves and Randle is on the Lakers.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
Good post, I think he needs a defense first kind of center next to him.

Randle will be a Laker HOF and would be leading the rookie of the year race right now if he was healthy.

and you know this because? I don't know about the rest of you but he might not be any good......we don't know. The little we saw of him tells us nothing.

He doesn't know that. It's impossible to know that.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject:

If you're building around Randle.

And you fall into the bottom 5 lottery this year.

You draft in this order of importance

Karl Towns
Stanley Johnson/Justice Winslow

And you hope Houston falls to the 8th seed and you get the 20th pick.

With that pick draft(if he falls to you) Willie Cauley-Stein.

In the 2nd round hope that Jerian Grant falls to you and draft him.

If you don't know who he is..

6-5 202 pounds Shoots 57% from the field and 37% from the three point line nearly 80% from the free throw line.   

Averaging 19/3/6 and nearly 2 steals a game.  

He's also former Laker Horace Grant's nephew.

You draft him in the 2nd round.

You let that core develop for 2 seasons and go after Durant in 2016, if you strike out there, add Westbrook in 2017.

At that point your roster looks like this by 2017

Jerian Grant
Russell Westbrook
Stanley Johnson/Justise Winslow
Julius Randle
Willie Cauley-Stein

Clarkson bringing a scoring punch off the bench
With Nick Young, Jeremy Lin and Ed Davis

That looks pretty solid to me.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Wcs is actually moving up the board, not down. Started at 10-15 and now looks firmly top 10.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Wcs is actually moving up the board, not down. Started at 10-15 and now looks firmly top 10.

I know and that sucks for us lol

I don't want him to get hurt again though cause that's the only thing that would drop his stock.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Blake Griffin and Deandre are making me realize how much Randle and a WCS could thrive in transition -- Randle pushing and throwing lobs to WCS. oops in the halfcourt too.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
This was what I was looking forward to this season:

So sad...

Man, randle was just starting to put it all together. The decision making out there was excellent. He was patient and wasn't forcing anything. If they gave him space he took the jumper, when they put a small on him he posted up, and his man just can't stay in front of him in transition. Randle is going to be a problem!

i just hope we can get him a star point guard to help maximize his skills. It would be nice for him to have a guy who can get him a few easy baskets every game. I think mudiay can do that but his decision making is horrible right now. Luckily, Scott seems to be pretty good at developing hound star point guards. His system seems to need one

How's he doing with Clarkson?

Same as the Lakers did with Kobe and Bynum.

Was Scott the coach of the Lakers when they were developing Kobe and Bynum? Kobe had Jerry West/Phil Jackson/Del Harris and Bynum had Kareem/Phil Jackson as their NBA mentors.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject:

WCS would be a great fit next to Randle defensively, but I think a perimeter player like Johnson or Winslow would have a big impact as well because both can play defense and score.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Blake Griffin and Deandre are making me realize how much Randle and a WCS could thrive in transition -- Randle pushing and throwing lobs to WCS. oops in the halfcourt too.

WCS would be a good pick if Okafor, Towns, Mudiay and Johnson are all off the board IMO.

Okafor and Towns would both be great fits next to Ju.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

WCS would be a good pick if Okafor, Towns, Mudiay and Johnson are all off the board IMO.

Yea WCS isn't in my top 5. Porzingis is projected top 5. I have him over WCS too.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
This was what I was looking forward to this season:

So sad...

Man, randle was just starting to put it all together. The decision making out there was excellent. He was patient and wasn't forcing anything. If they gave him space he took the jumper, when they put a small on him he posted up, and his man just can't stay in front of him in transition. Randle is going to be a problem!

i just hope we can get him a star point guard to help maximize his skills. It would be nice for him to have a guy who can get him a few easy baskets every game. I think mudiay can do that but his decision making is horrible right now. Luckily, Scott seems to be pretty good at developing hound star point guards. His system seems to need one

How's he doing with Clarkson?

Same as the Lakers did with Kobe and Bynum.

Was Scott the coach of the Lakers when they were developing Kobe and Bynum? Kobe had Jerry West/Phil Jackson/Del Harris and Bynum had Kareem/Phil Jackson as their NBA mentors.

Scott has coached some pretty successful point guards in his career as a coach
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I would say only Okafor and maybe Towns. I pick WCS over a perimeter player.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Stanley Johnson is going to be a pretty good pro. Every game I watch him play I get a little more excited about his potential. He really does work on his game.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Stanley Johnson is going to be a pretty good pro. Every game I watch him play I get a little more excited about his potential. He really does work on his game.
Agree, the perfect two way player to play next to Randle. Can guard multiple positions and take over offensively if Randle is on the bench or in foul trouble. The other positions we can fill in FA.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

He can't take over offensively because he can't create shots for himself or others.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
He can't take over offensively because he can't create shots for himself or others.

Not yet but He has a lot of room to develop. Right now he can knock down an open 3 and he's a monster in transition. Randle likes to drive and kick and start the fast break. It would be nice for him to have a running mate.

I think anyone in the top 5 would fit well with him
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

he was good at creating his shot in high school..
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

he was good at creating his shot in high school..

Exactly. The problem is he's been really turnover prone so far this season so you don't really want him handling too much. He had 7 turnovers tonight. He also had 13 rebounds and like 4 steals and that's whT I love about him. He always competes
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Stanley would be great next to Randle on both ends of the floor. I think the best fit out of the top 5 prospects, Winslow and WCS would be 2nd and 3rd. He can create for others, his passing has improved and he's already a great 3PT shooter. I still think Arizona offense and subpar PG play is why he's not getting the looks he supposed to. He's still the leading scorer 15ppg despite not getting many touches.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: