++++ Lakers at Sacramento ++++ 12/21/14 3:00PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iconic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
I'll say again, I like Lin and think he's way better than Price, but I was okay with him going to the bench in favor of Price today. Price wasn't good either, but he was more disruptive on team d today (those his individual d on Collison was much worse). The way things shook out, maybe Lin should have stayed on the floor, but for Kobe instead of Price. Today was just awful since Kobe's legs have been killed by serial killer Scott.

It's not rocket science, if Kobe is tired he shouldn't be taking 30 shots in a game. Kobe deserves just as much blame as B. Scott...
psy123321123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject:

I was watching the Sacramento feed and I totally agree with what the sac announcers were saying. One of them said that he was not buying the argument that Kobe has no one to throw it to. It's just bull crap. Who is shouting out that argument anyways? The media? Can you imagine all the other players listening to that type of argument knowing that it was Kobe that was losing us these games throughout the season? Boozer? Young? Lin? Hill? All of them listening to how kobe basically cannot throw it to them? All in the meanwhile kobe had an 8/30 game and 3/15 last game? I can't even remember how many other bad games he has had this season, but there were a lot.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject:

Piou2, time to step up and make a thread for the Warriors game! Put your thread making powers to a true test!
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject:

psy123321123 wrote:
I was watching the Sacramento feed and I totally agree with what the sac announcers were saying. One of them said that he was not buying the argument that Kobe has no one to throw it to. It's just bull crap. Who is shouting out that argument anyways? The media? Can you imagine all the other players listening to that type of argument knowing that it was Kobe that was losing us these games throughout the season? Boozer? Young? Lin? Hill? All of them listening to how kobe basically cannot throw it to them? All in the meanwhile kobe had an 8/30 game and 3/15 last game? I can't even remember how many other bad games he has had this season, but there were a lot.

Anyone who can create any offense outside of Kobe was benched. Kobe doesn't get rebuked for bad shots, decision making, or slacking on D. Very few Laker plays have any chance of achieving anything outside of a contested two. These things are reasons why you have a coach for in the first place. I honestly believe the team would be playing better no coach at all.
webattorney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject:

The biggest issue is Kobe. All other issues are minor issues. BS should let Lakers play without Kobe for several games against Eastern teams and see what happens. Afraid to test it out?
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: It's on the coach

I think a good coach could manage the players minutes and make this Laker lineup into a much better team.

Many plays need to be added to the playbook in which KB is the decoy. The other team just closes out on him and its TO or missed shot--fast break the other way.

If the offense was so ISO-Kobe-centric he wouldn't be forced into a position in which he is forced to turn it over. If Kobe played fewer minutes he would be fresher for D. There are times when the D does work because of that fraction of a second lost and other times when players do make the proper-timely rotations.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
I'll say again, I like Lin and think he's way better than Price, but I was okay with him going to the bench in favor of Price today. Price wasn't good either, but he was more disruptive on team d today (those his individual d on Collison was much worse). The way things shook out, maybe Lin should have stayed on the floor, but for Kobe instead of Price. Today was just awful since Kobe's legs have been killed by serial killer Scott.

Lin may not be the greatest but within a system that runs and moves the ball and a team D effort he is more than adequate. A couple of games last year in which Harden was out the Rockets beat the Spurs He showed that his 1st year in Houston until Harden decided to coach the team and made himself the defacto. Now the Rockets have no PG and teams are doubling up on Harden. The Rockets have a much more talented roster but they will go nowhere as well.
Swaggy P leads the league in 4 point plays. Wait while I go write my mom about it. Its cool when a player does/can create his own offense but as a team (non) strategy it spells LOSE.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

What this team is demonstrating is, they can't close. My closing five, Kobe, Swaggy, Hill, Davis, Price.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

Anyone who can create any offense outside of Kobe was benched. Kobe doesn't get rebuked for bad shots, decision making, or slacking on D. Very few Laker plays have any chance of achieving anything outside of a contested two. These things are reasons why you have a coach for in the first place. I honestly believe the team would be playing better no coach at all.

who, exactly, is going to rebuke kobe? kobe is the playing coach, while scott is the coach on the sideline and during practice. noticed the big difference in scott's response when asked about kobe's minutes, vs. benching boozer?

kobe - i'll talk to kobe
boozer - i don't need to talk to him. it's his opinion. i'm the coach.

what a team, byron. what a team.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject:

webattorney wrote:
The biggest issue is Kobe. All other issues are minor issues. BS should let Lakers play without Kobe for several games against Eastern teams and see what happens. Afraid to test it out?

it's not kobe. it's the FO and byron scott, for buying into this co-coaching B.S.

there's nothing wrong with a coach conferring with his core players on key decisions. but when it's one single player, and you treat the other players like their opinions don't matter, that's when it becomes an issue.

byron scott is riding kobe's coattails to be the coach of the lakers. he's basically assured of a job for as long as kobe is around. i'm sure he thought he could ride kobe to a playoff berth this year and look good doing it. well now he's screwed, but the only way to keep his job now is to hide behind kobe. smh....

and to think i kept his rookie card (and a magic johnson card) in my wallet growing up....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
webattorney wrote:

it's not kobe. it's the FO and byron scott, for buying into this co-coaching B.S.

there's nothing wrong with a coach conferring with his core players on key decisions. but when it's one single player, and you treat the other players like their opinions don't matter, that's when it becomes an issue.

byron scott is riding kobe's coattails to be the coach of the lakers. he's basically assured of a job for as long as kobe is around. i'm sure he thought he could ride kobe to a playoff berth this year and look good doing it. well now he's screwed, but the only way to keep his job now is to hide behind kobe. smh....

and to think i kept his rookie card (and a magic johnson card) in my wallet growing up....

I forget which game it was, the game was close. During the timeout Kobe was instructing the team on what to do and Scott was in the background saying nothing. Seeing that caused me to lose confidence in Scott's leadership.

If he doesn't control Kobe he'll lose the locker room.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
psy123321123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
What this team is demonstrating is, they can't close. My closing five, Kobe, Swaggy, Hill, Davis, Price.

You got to be kidding about Kobe on the closing 5. Just look at the last 2 games.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject:

psy123321123 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You got to be kidding about Kobe on the closing 5. Just look at the last 2 games.

Nope not kidding. I have faith in the Mamba. You're forgotting about all the winners. I'm focusing on his capabilities.

Did you think he'd play at the level he's playing this year?

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
psy123321123 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Nope not kidding. I have faith in the Mamba. You're forgotting about all the winners. I'm focusing on his capabilities.

I think Kobe would go back to being very capable if Byron did a better job of managing his minutes.

If Kobe was playing 24 min a game with b2b off... then I bet we'd see his shooting % go up significantly.

Also, he needs to play a facilitator role more often. Get everyone involved. When other players become a thread, that makes it easier to get his own shots.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
psy123321123 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think Kobe would go back to being very capable if Byron did a better job of managing his minutes.

If Kobe was playing 24 min a game with b2b off... then I bet we'd see his shooting % go up significantly.

Also, he needs to play a facilitator role more often. Get everyone involved. When other players become a thread, that makes it easier to get his own shots.

That's why I posted earlier, Scott needs to take a page from Pop's playbook. He regulates his older players minutes. Pop sent Duncan, Parker and Ginobili home before the last game a road trip on Southwest Airlines. Spurs were fined $250,000.

catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
psy123321123 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That's why I posted earlier, Scott needs to take a page from Pop's playbook. He regulates his older players minutes. Pop sent Duncan, Parker and Ginobili home before the last game a road trip on Southwest Airlines. Spurs were fined $250,000.

I just saw the most out of touch BS quote. Something like "not going to sacrifice Kobe's well being for wins". IS HE KIDDING? "Sacrificing Kobe's well being is waht is costing the lakers wins. Sheesh. Does he really think Kobe is helping the team?
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
psy123321123 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I just saw the most out of touch BS quote. Something like "not going to sacrifice Kobe's well being for wins". IS HE KIDDING? "Sacrificing Kobe's well being is waht is costing the lakers wins. Sheesh. Does he really think Kobe is helping the team?
did that mean he was intending to play Kobe 42 minutes and then cut it back some?
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:
catman2u wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
psy123321123 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

did that mean he was intending to play Kobe 42 minutes and then cut it back some?

He meant that the team needs Kobe out there to win but he won't do what D'Antoni did.

I've seen the other players on this team earlier in the season looking like deer caught in headlights when Kobe wasn't on the floor. It is so strange how we turn on him at the first signs he is struggling.

I'm tired of the excuses by other players for them not producing. Swaggy gets his points no problem coming off the bench, with Kobe on or off the floor...but for some reason many of the other players need to be spoon fed to be productive. REALLY?! Some of these players need to put their big boy pants on and step up. Kobe struggling from fatigue now is a perfect opportunity for someone else to step up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40
Page 40 of 40
Jump to: