OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:

Kobe has done enough for the franchise that it is worth letting him do what he wants to do for at least a season or two. Hopefully (no guarantees though) other star players will recognize that we treat our greats with the utmost respect. Even if they don't, I think its worth it to indulge Kobe.

Completely disagree.

The most disrespect you can show to a man is to coddle him and pretend he's doing fine when he's not.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:

Kobe has done enough for the franchise that it is worth letting him do what he wants to do for at least a season or two. Hopefully (no guarantees though) other star players will recognize that we treat our greats with the utmost respect. Even if they don't, I think its worth it to indulge Kobe.

Completely disagree.

The most disrespect you can show to a man is to coddle him and pretend he's doing fine when he's not.

This. Any coach needs to demand respect and make decisions that may not be popular with a player but is in their best interest. Kobe even said that sitting him may be what should happen...
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Who knew he'd play Kobe huge minutes despite ample evidence that Kobe was wearing down? Plus, I can't really ever bet against the Lakers. Just not in me, which is why I don't gamble on sports.

Kobe's mpg this year is among the lowest in his career. I do agree that 35 mpg is too many for this version of Kobe, but it isn't like Scott is pulling a D'Antoni and leaving him in all game.

It did look like Kobe started hitting the wall a few weeks ago, but he's also earned the right to see if he could push through it. We all know this is a lost season anyway, what's the point of Byron pulling him against his will?

To preserve Kobe for next season and possibly give our other guys a little more run to see if anybody should stick around. Scott acts like Kobe shouldn't have any restrictions whatsoever.

I haven't seen that. Like I said, 35 is too many minutes, but I do notice Scott largely sticking to his strategy - pulling Kobe at the end of the first and third quarters, trying to sneak a few extra minutes of rest.

Part of the problem is that the Lakers are more mediocre than awful - they lose a lot, but they're usually in a decent position well into the second half (with exceptions like the Dallas game, any game against Golden State, etc). Makes it tempting to play him and see if we can win.

The only young'n that I think needs any run is Clarkson. I think we know what Lin is made of, likewise with Davis and Ellington. Who else needs more minutes? The cupboard is pretty bare.

What the hell are you talking about? Kobe consistently plays the entire first quarter, as he did last night, and he also consistently plays the whole third quarter, as he did last night. Yes, Acott has taken Kobe out with a couple minutes left in the third, but that has only happened a couple of times over the last half dozen games. Kobe looked even more fatigued than he did against OKC, and Scott played Kobe EVEN MORE MINUTES.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:

Completely disagree.

This. Patronizing someone isn't show them respect. It's treating someone like he's a child.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
This. Patronizing someone isn't show them respect. It's treating someone like he's a child.

byron is a coward. the only reason he's not fired by now is because he's hiding behind kobe, and he'll continue to hide behind kobe.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:

I love the Lakers winning tradition, this type of mentality is why I'm soured on Kobe and BS, I don't care for this Kobe worship. Its about the team, the franchise and not just one individual. I personally want both of them gone if this keeps up beyond this season.
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject:

BS and his buddy Price have been under performing all year. send them both to the dleague and bring back Clarkson! right this damn ship before really becomes a titanic
wfbql
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Before the season started, I liked Byron's confidence and what he said on defense. However, the same confidence now concerned me - after a team lost so many games, he should be concerned but it does not seem have effect on him. His losing history made me wonder that as a coach he is used to losing games. His only strategy so far I see is to ride on Kobe and he has not shown any improvement on defense yet. He does not seem a championship coach at all.
Firelord_Rag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject:

No free agents will come to the Lakers with a front office that's not committed to rebuilding
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Free agents aren't going to want to play for BS. It's already time to find another coach.

It's fine to ride Kobe if he is making shots, but he isn't. His legs are tired from trying run the offense as PG and making his shots short.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject:

LOL...

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus · 9m9 minutes ago
Byron Scott said he's happy thus far with his lineup change last 7ish games - going to give it another 8-13 games before re-evaluating
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Byron Scott said he's happy thus far with his lineup change last 7ish games - going to give it another 8-13 games before re-evaluating

this is the worse scoring starting lineup in the NBA. the defense that you gain isn't good enough to offset the lack of offense especially with Kobe struggling.

if he's going to wait another 8-13 games before "re-evaluating", you might as well trade everyone and start playing dleaguers. at least you might find some that you might want to keep. the only players with long term contracts are the rookies and Young.
Iconic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject:

tonman wrote:
Charisma wrote:
LOL...

this is the worse scoring starting lineup in the NBA. the defense that you gain isn't good enough to offset the lack of offense especially with Kobe struggling.

if he's going to wait another 8-13 games before "re-evaluating", you might as well trade everyone and start playing dleaguers. at least you might find some that you might want to keep. the only players with long term contracts are the rookies and Young.

Kobe is the reason why our offense is so bad, stop blaming the rest of the team
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Anybody surprised by this? Not me. Byron is very stubborn and will not want to admit to any of his mistakes.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Same reaction
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Iconic wrote:
tonman wrote:
Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Kobe is the reason why our offense is so bad, stop blaming the rest of the team

so you're saying trade Kobe?

the point is that by game 41, Scott is going to "re-evaluate" again. half the season is over. trade deadline(s) coming and going. where did I say the rest of the team is "bad"? they're not playoff caliber but didn't say they were bad. if you're going to spend the season "evaluating", then do so with guys you want to keep around for the following seasons or bring in youngsters and see what they can do.
Unstable
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
LOL...

there are 82 games for the regular season, how is it tat the lakers management is allowing bs to take his time in tweaking the team??

The current starting unit is ranked last amongst all the teams and yet the coach is going take his time before reevaluating?

Kobe isn't going to get younger and suddenly become much fitter as the season progresses, it's obvious he is being overused. The lakers play book appears to be skimpy and highly predictable and the coach still thinks he doesn't need to change anything? How much patience did the management had with the previous coaches? I see more than some inconsistencies..... Sigh
Des0rbit
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
In the last 5 games, the Lakers starters are ranked No. 30 out of 30 NBA teams in points per game. The Lakers' bench: No. 1 out of 30 teams in points per game.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/15/7/pts/5-1

Pretty much matches what we've seen. The other teams shown no respect to any other player on the starters besides Kobe.

Like they were showing respect to Lin and Boozer before?

Quote:

That has the effect of forcing Kobe to work that much harder, which fatigues him faster, on top of his already ridiculous minutes. When Scott (bleep) up, he doesn't do it halfway.

What're you gonna do? Sit Kobe, lose even more, piss off the fans. Play Kobe, lose slightly less, fans still pissed. That's the trouble when you've got no players on the team.

I actually think sitting Kobe will win us more games
Avada
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Avada wrote:
Charisma wrote:
LOL...

He deserves all of these.

tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
LOL...

one of these reporter grow some balls and ask him - "so what aspect of the lineup change are you most happy about?"

the defense is NOT better, and the offense has dropped off a cliff, while running kobe into the ground. what is there to be happy about?
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Unconventional thinking by Scott.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
LOL...

Stupid and stubborn, that's incurable.
terpski
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Good Lord, B.Scott is awful.
incontrol__
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
Charisma wrote:
LOL...

one of these reporter grow some balls and ask him - "so what aspect of the lineup change are you most happy about?"

the defense is NOT better, and the offense has dropped off a cliff, while running kobe into the ground. what is there to be happy about?

Sadly, he's a Laker Legend (deservedly) and so might actually be with us for the next few years. People can talk about how having Kobe delays our rebuild... well having a coach as utterly clueless and completely oblivious as Byron is just as bad (worse, imo).

Yeah, taking a risk on a young coach would've been soooooooooooo much worse than hiring a retread. God.

This team is so painful to watch. Stubborn coach and a stubborn star player. Firing Byron might be the only way this team becomes even remotely entertaining, and it's about as unlikely to happen anytime soon as trading Kobe. Fun times ahead!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 82 of 694
Jump to: