I would be interested to see Kobe's #s before and after the lineup change

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: I would be interested to see Kobe's #s before and after the lineup change

People keep talking about fatigue but Kobe's been starting out games 1-9 and 2-10 lately. How can that be fatigue?

I think the real problem is that teams aren't allowing him to operate out of the post when we have so few offensive threats starting. So now he is taking more 3s (which he's been horrible at all year).

The solution: Start Swaggy
Spoolxx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Replace Ronnie Price with anybody else. Opposing teams aren't even guarding him. They just leave him wide open to go double Kobe.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Through 12/5: 25.8/5.2/4.9/3.4/.391/.286

12/7 >:21.3/4.9/5.0/4.0/.316/.244
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Big FG% drop. Can you get amount of 3s attempted per game as well?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject:

The lineup change makes it super dependent on Kobe to HAVE to score.

Price, Davis, Hill aren't gonna get their own shots and neither is Wesley. It pretty much forces Kobe to be the only option.

IF Scott wants to run that lineup he NEEDS to start Boozer to give Kobe a post up threat.

There's two things that Scott has to do if he wants the starting lineup to work.

One.. he needs to start Boozer again to give Kobe a post up option and run the slow pace with the lineup and let Lin and Davis be the pick and roll option with the bench.

OR

He'll need to start Lin with Davis to have the pick and roll option next to Kobe.

One or the other has to happen if they want the starting lineup to work.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Clark wrote:
Big FG% drop. Can you get amount of 3s attempted per game as well?

From 5.3 - 5.9
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Those 33-35 minutes per game is probably the most important number. Far too much.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I would be interested to see Kobe's #s before and after the lineup change

Kobe2Clark wrote:
People keep talking about fatigue but Kobe's been starting out games 1-9 and 2-10 lately. How can that be fatigue?

I think the real problem is that teams aren't allowing him to operate out of the post when we have so few offensive threats starting. So now he is taking more 3s (which he's been horrible at all year).

It's fatigue, because Kobe doesn't even have the right lift at the beginning of the game. Also, skipping practices won't help with his shooting form.

The solution should be to remove PG duties. Live with Price or Lin.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: I would be interested to see Kobe's #s before and after the lineup change

Kobe2Clark wrote:

lets C who in the starting team deserves to be guarded?

hmm, nobody?
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The lineup change makes it super dependent on Kobe to HAVE to score.

Price, Davis, Hill aren't gonna get their own shots and neither is Wesley. It pretty much forces Kobe to be the only option.

IF Scott wants to run that lineup he NEEDS to start Boozer to give Kobe a post up threat.

There's two things that Scott has to do if he wants the starting lineup to work.

One.. he needs to start Boozer again to give Kobe a post up option and run the slow pace with the lineup and let Lin and Davis be the pick and roll option with the bench.

OR

He'll need to start Lin with Davis to have the pick and roll option next to Kobe.

One or the other has to happen if they want the starting lineup to work.

Agreed, current the 1 unit only has Kobe doing offensive in slow pace.How on earth this is going to work.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Kobe needs to work inside. He's not getting close enough. Barons offense should be focused on setting up Kobe in the mid-post.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
Kobe needs to work inside. He's not getting close enough. Barons offense should be focused on setting up Kobe in the mid-post.

Kobe is never recieving the ball as he's cutting towards the basket. I've watched every game and once he caiught a boozer pass as he faked his defender and cut inside and he had the easyest layup he's had this year.
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Through 12/5: 25.8/5.2/4.9/3.4/.391/.286

12/7 >:21.3/4.9/5.0/4.0/.316/.244

Wow, what a striking difference. Soon, Price's will not be the worst.

It is definitely Scott's fault.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Kobe is never recieving the ball as he's cutting towards the basket. I've watched every game and once he caiught a boozer pass as he faked his defender and cut inside and he had the easyest layup he's had this year.

maybe because he's got the ball most of the time. that said, it's dangerous to ask your bigs to be a passer especially if they are not known to be good passers. where's pau when you need him...
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

It's a combination of too many minutes AND a very poor lineup. Byron Scott is trying to help inflate Kobe's stats but he's actually making it worse. Genius!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:

He can't dp that, they can simple double him off Johnson or price or Davis....

Start Lin or boozer to help Kobe
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

as I said multiple times, Byron is ruining Kobe's career... he's not ven putting Kobe in the right spots on the floor. his offense makes it difficult for Kobe to score, unless Kobe evolves asap into regge miller or jeff hornacek.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Tanking stats went up a lot though
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject:

tonman wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

maybe because he's got the ball most of the time. that said, it's dangerous to ask your bigs to be a passer especially if they are not known to be good passers. where's pau when you need him...

Agree with both your points but it's pretty crazy that most of his off ball movement are towards the 3pt line.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: