View previous topic :: View next topic  
TQM
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
Rugbar wrote:
I know I'm raining on a parade by saying this, but Bogut, the Warriors' defensive anchor, is their second most essential player. (That's different than saying he's their second best player).

Without him, they're not the league's best team. They still are a good team, though.

yup. the Warriors were without their 2 best players.. Bogut and Kobe

Please, when people point out that a good team we upset was without a key player they fail to mention the lakers have 4 players out. One is their 10 million dollar starting point guard and the other is their 7th overall bluechip PF. We've been playing without key personnel since the beginning of the season so any key absences on the other side are a wash.

Schedule loss. Back to back. Players playing injured. Player returning from injury. Missing players. Off night. Cold.

Blah, blah, blah. Boo-hoo. Stop making excuses. Every team encounters these issues. You play the game at that point in time. Whining is so boring. Enjoy the game, and the win.
jlfans
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Win

Nothing more than a WIN.
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject:

I'm thinking that tonight's win had more to do with the perfect combination of low expectations, a tired cocky opponent on a back to back, other team not knowing how this lakers team plays without kobe and everyone playing way above their average stats. The whole situation reminds me a bit of the first linsanity game
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
All I'm hearing from our players post game is....

"We were moving the ball."

"We were all playing unselfishly tonight."

"Everybody was contributing....it was contagious."

Shots fired?

It was the truth. Should they play it down so as not to piss off one player? Let the boys enjoy the unexpected win.

Who's saying that the players should play it down as to not piss off one player? I would think the players enjoyed this win and I welcome everything they said post game.

Me too.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:36 am    Post subject:

TQM wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
Rugbar wrote:
I know I'm raining on a parade by saying this, but Bogut, the Warriors' defensive anchor, is their second most essential player. (That's different than saying he's their second best player).

Without him, they're not the league's best team. They still are a good team, though.

Please, when people point out that a good team we upset was without a key player they fail to mention the lakers have 4 players out. One is their 10 million dollar starting point guard and the other is their 7th overall bluechip PF. We've been playing without key personnel since the beginning of the season so any key absences on the other side are a wash.

Schedule loss. Back to back. Players playing injured. Player returning from injury. Missing players. Off night. Cold.

Blah, blah, blah. Boo-hoo. Stop making excuses. Every team encounters these issues. You play the game at that point in time. Whining is so boring. Enjoy the game, and the win.

You've got to be kidding, Tell that to the guy/girl who brought up the Bogut injury issue. Its ok for the Warriors to have an excuse but not the Lakers?? That's a good one
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject:

Renmei wrote:
I'm thinking that tonight's win had more to do with the perfect combination of low expectations, a tired cocky opponent on a back to back, other team not knowing how this lakers team plays without kobe and everyone playing way above their average stats. The whole situation reminds me a bit of the first linsanity game

Whatever works...
Dr. Jez
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Golden State Warriors 12/23/14

TDRock is the only person allowed to make game threads from now on.
TDRock wrote:
I see no one is trying to make a game thread vs GSW. Fine, I'll do it
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
terpski wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
All I'm hearing from our players post game is....

"We were moving the ball."

"We were all playing unselfishly tonight."

"Everybody was contributing....it was contagious."

Shots fired?

Shots fired indeed.

Somewhere pau is smiling

Yea, Gasol is smiling because he is playing in the Ladies league, it's much easier there, he is a star once again.
TQM
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
TQM wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
Rugbar wrote:

You've got to be kidding, Tell that to the guy/girl who brought up the Bogut injury issue. Its ok for the Warriors to have an excuse but not the Lakers?? That's a good one

My post was completely supporting your statement. Sorry for the confusion.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject:

kastuul wrote:
villavs wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
briedfox wrote:
bws94 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
well, that should end the "Jlin can't shoot in the clutch" B.S.

It is total BS. Lin is known for stepping up in the clutch. He's finally waking up and doing it as a Laker. About time, but good to see.

He was 4/11 for 11 points. Is that considered good now?

He took most of his shots in the 4th to waste time with a 24 pt lead. Warriors waived the white flag.

The last shot is important.
The Lakers didn't score over 4mins and Young missed 4 shots during that period.

Also, he was 3/5 from 3's. So it's actually more efficient (11 points) compared to something like 4/11 all from 2's (only 8 points).

Boozer dominated the GSW's frontcourt in 4thQ.
GSW closed out the paint area and let Young shoot and miss his shots.

He did play great. He still had one of his infamous pushing fouls though. Drives me nuts.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
is this place gonna melt down if the lakers go right back to square one on christmas day? like seriously if kobe comes back with a 10/35 6 turnover performance in a loss....what's gonna happen then?

The cats out of the bag and my guess is that it will change everything.

Kobe is a smart guy and can put 2 and 2 together.

How this translates on the court? Probably will be ugly for a while until the team figures out how to integrate everyone.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Golden State Warriors 12/23/14

Dr. Jez wrote:
TDRock is the only person allowed to make game threads from now on.
TDRock wrote:
I see no one is trying to make a game thread vs GSW. Fine, I'll do it

kastuul
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject:

Kobe need to play less ISO and more spot up.
Don't try to play PG and take tough shots.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject:

POST GAME #'S FROM THE STAPLES BEATDOWN:

Lakers vs. Warriors (12/23/14)

Quote:
The Lakers point guards were able to distribute efficiently, as Price had eight assists and three secondary assists, while Lin tallied five assists, two secondary assists and one free throw assist.

POST GAME NUMBERS
infinite-loop
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
POST GAME #'S FROM THE STAPLES BEATDOWN:

Lakers vs. Warriors (12/23/14)

Quote:
The Lakers point guards were able to distribute efficiently, as Price had eight assists and three secondary assists, while Lin tallied five assists, two secondary assists and one free throw assist.

POST GAME NUMBERS

I wish there was a "points off assist" stat. It would capture all points scored off passes (counting made free throws and giving more weight to 3-pt shots). I think it would be a good indicator of the quality of assists. If it exists, I haven't been able to find it.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject:

TQM wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
TQM wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
Rugbar wrote:

My post was completely supporting your statement. Sorry for the confusion.

my mistake
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Fourth Quarter Anomaly

I noticed the fourth quarter, the Lakers shifted gears. Unfortunately down gear. It looked like they were trying to play Princeton offence, which stopped all the movement, ISO shots for the Kobe (when Kobe was playing) and Nick Y (last game). Did anyone else notice this? It was a completely different 'style' of play altogether.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Thankfully Lin sank a 3 pointers to end the schnide. I just add that to point it out to those that insist Lin is not clutch. The Lakers have a number of clutch players not named Kobe.
kastuul
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
Thankfully Lin sank a 3 pointers to end the schnide. I just add that to point it out to those that insist Lin is not clutch. The Lakers have a number of clutch players not named Kobe.

Lin actually took the last shots in 3rd and 4thQ.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52
Page 52 of 52
Jump to: