WARRIORS -at- LAKERS - 12-23-14 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
SweetP wrote:
vixvolatility wrote:
SweetP wrote:
"As they say, offense will come and go, but the effort the Lakers put up on the defensive end of the floor was something that should always be there. I’m not sure we’ve see so many pass deflections and shotblocks combined in a game."

So why isn't that defensive intensity there all the time? People keep fixating on offense, Kobe shoots too much, Lin shoots too little, why aren't Lin and Davis on the court more, blah blah. Why is the defensive intensity missing so much, from ALL the players?
when u play pickup games, and the guy never passes u the ball, do u play hard on defense?

same logic here....
Having a good work ethic should be an intrinsic thing, unaffected by what other people do or don't do. Sure they are human but they are also supposed to be professionals. It's letting these guys off too easy to say they would play more defense if they got to score more. Virtually all of them have opportunities to score every game, they don't always make the shots like they did tonight, but they have the opportunities. Like DB said, the effort on defense should always be there. And it isn't on this team. 'Course much of this team is made up of guys that have bounced around the league, so I think that is part of the answer. Lack of faith in the coach's vision maybe also? Frustrating to watch whatever it is
Lack of faith from a bunch of players that have had trouble staying on any NBA roster within the first 25+ games? Sad that they have not embraced the opportunities to display (to the Lakers and other NBA team) that the commitment to stay to be more than journeymen pedestrian-type players that is far below Laker standards.

Playing good D depends on bringing energy before talent. It is easier to play D if can shoot the ball - problem is that (outside of Swaggy and maybe Ellington) who has consistently making shots or deserve the chance to shoot themselves out of a slump?

The Warriors game showed that they have the talent to be a good team, till the final 8 minutes that displayed what they are missing (ability to produce during crunch time and to close out games).

At least they are in better situation than the Zen Master/DFish/Melo situation at NYC

The fouth quarter was to drain the clock and play defense. Kerr waived the white flag brought out the 3rd unit. Young was just shooting last sec shots. If they needed more offense, the team would have brought out Ellington and Davis. Overall, the team shot over 50%.

The team is inconsistant because 25% of the shots go to one player on the team and ruins the flow. Ellington and Swaggy P have not been consistant either as they have shot below 30% in several games. The only constant player on offense has been Boozer who is fed constantly the ball.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject:

TQM wrote:
SweetP wrote:
TQM wrote:
SweetP wrote:
vixvolatility wrote:
SweetP wrote:
"As they say, offense will come and go, but the effort the Lakers put up on the defensive end of the floor was something that should always be there. I’m not sure we’ve see so many pass deflections and shotblocks combined in a game."

So why isn't that defensive intensity there all the time? People keep fixating on offense, Kobe shoots too much, Lin shoots too little, why aren't Lin and Davis on the court more, blah blah. Why is the defensive intensity missing so much, from ALL the players?

when u play pickup games, and the guy never passes u the ball, do u play hard on defense?

same logic here....

Having a good work ethic should be an intrinsic thing, unaffected by what other people do or don't do. Sure they are human but they are also supposed to be professionals. It's letting these guys off too easy to say they would play more defense if they got to score more. Virtually all of them have opportunities to score every game, they don't always make the shots like they did tonight, but they have the opportunities. Like DB said, the effort on defense should always be there. And it isn't on this team. 'Course much of this team is made up of guys that have bounced around the league, so I think that is part of the answer. Lack of faith in the coach's vision maybe also? Frustrating to watch whatever it is

Wait, I thought Kobe Bryant has only played on the Lakers his whole career.

You are saying he has bounced around the league?!?

There is a vision problem here, and it is closer to home.

Way to support the Lakers as a team, not.

I have no idea what you are babbling about. I said ALL the team. The capitals should be the clue, look it up in the dictionary if you need too. The entire team is not playing defense consistently. SOME of the team (not Kobe) have bounced around the league. I was not singling out one particular player, but you seem to be.
As do several other posters who are claiming Kobe is the only reason the team is playing poorly on defense. The TEAM is playing poorly on defense much of the time. You can blame it entirely on Kobe if you like, I say it's more than just that. Way to support the whole team tho', blame one player and excuse the rest.

I am not at all surprised you have no idea. Merry Christmas!

Right back at you.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: