++++ Lakers at Denver ++++ 12/30/14/ 6PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

I think that Lin should be the starter too, but dude, you need to chill out.

If it makes you feel any better, try to think of Kobe as the starting PG, and Lin as his backup. As for those games that Kobe was sitting, well, the coach is just stubborn that way.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Scott hates Lin.

If you give Lin his mins he will give you 13/5. I'm sure some GM can see some value in him, and they will give us something we want in return...picks!
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Price has stepped up. He's been better than Lin the last half dozen games or so. Up to Lin to step his game up, and he really hasn't thus far.

Ummm... He wasn't better last game. But he also was still decent.

But it has been very apparent that Price has been practicing his shot.

The last 10 years weren't enough time to practice? After 10 years he suddenly learned to shoot the basketball. He's a career 37%FG 28%3FG

A player doesn't put up 3.5 PPG over a 10 year career for no reason.

He's had only 3 games that would be called good games.

Lin has had many nights for the lakers were he put up as good or better stats than Price did tonight.

Price has a couple of fluke games. Suddenly he's a viable starter?

I guess it doesn't matter that Lin put up the same amount of assists (4) in 15 minutes that Price had in 33 minutes.

It's an insult that a player of Lin's caliber is playing behind a 10 year career scrub who was half way out of the league before Byron "the crossed armed genius" started his infatuation in preseason. Btw Scott looks as stupid with that permenant crossed arms thing as Mike Woodson did with that stupid "intimadating" stare.

If Lin had time to develop without having to wonder when he's gonna get pulled for some nothing 4th stringer then maybe the lakers would have a PG they could grow with. Really you are gonna stunt Lin's developement and make him want to leave in FA for the sake of Ronnie "F'in" Price? ???

Fine go with Price maybe after 10 YEARS he's turned a corner and will now score more than 3.5PPG on average. Or maybe this is just and a few fluke games.

In the End it doesn't matter if the FO won't do the decent thing and trade Lin away from the utter and complete stupidty that is Byron Scott then Lin is a FA this summer. George Karl will get a HC gig and Lin will follow. Lin will thrive. LA's loss. Ruined the possibility for a long term play making PG who can shoot and finish all for the sale of Ronnie "F'in" Price.

So be it.

yawn

i am glad you did not engage with the troll this time...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand why fans want Lin to start. Price was lighting it up tonight. I was off line durning the game so I didn't read the game thread. Kobe did just what I thought he would, facilitate. He's going to do that for the rest of the season. He's saving himself for next season. Kobe knows this season is a wash.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
JLinfanJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't understand why fans want Lin to start. Price was lighting it up tonight. I was off line durning the game so I didn't read the game thread. Kobe did just what I thought he would, facilitate. He's going to do that for the rest of the season. He's saving himself for next season. Kobe knows this season is a wash.

Not trying to divert this thread to another Lin thread, but to me, the ultimate ceiling of the Lakers is just so much higher if Lin was starter / closer and allowed to be much more actively involved in offense (everything initiated by Lin / Davis pnr and Kobe, and everyone else feed off the action they create)

Harden has gotten shut down by many good teams in Houston, but that type of defensive attention would also open up the floor for rest of team when Lin was playmaker on court along with Harden.

Same would be true if Kobe looks as good as he did yesterday (except for the turnovers). He looked great, and if he can do that consistently on fewer minutes per game, then having Lin on court with him instead of Price will open up rest of team for easier looks at basket.

Celtics game last year Harden was initially shut down very effectively by Avery Bradley, but Lin started to shred Celtics defense because of all attention directed at Harden, and Harden eventually also got his numbers because ball would get back to him for an now open three:

Game Flow: http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140113&game=HOUBOS (Harden was 5 - 16 through first three quarters of game)

Quote:
''When he's out, we have a more balanced attack,'' Parsons said of Harden. ''We run our sets and get the best shot available. When he's not there, we don't go one-on-one as much.''

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/1/30/5361516/chandler-parsons-james-harden-comments (10 Rockets players dressed for game against Mavericks; 7 scored in double digits; and Rockets actually won the game, too)

http://houseofhouston.com/2014/01/30/recap-houston-rockets-117-dallas-mavericks-115/

(Harden didn't play against either the Spurs or Mavericks (dinged up thumb?) but that team still had Lin and Dwight, in addition to Chandler Parsons and Omer Asik. Also not trying to imply that Lakers are better off when Kobe doesn't play, but they will be more dangerous, against very high level competition, if they find a much harder to guard mix of Lin and Kobe working together, rather than the Kobe as James "The Sledgehammer" Harden everything goes through him mode they are trying now. Good teams will stop Kobe and offense will screech to a halt).

IIRC, Chandler Parsons was also benched the next game for calling out Harden in public like that, even though every other player on team probably thought the same exact thing)

Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

JuanCesta wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Price has stepped up. He's been better than Lin the last half dozen games or so. Up to Lin to step his game up, and he really hasn't thus far.

The last 10 years weren't enough time to practice? After 10 years he suddenly learned to shoot the basketball. He's a career 37%FG 28%3FG

Lin has had many nights for the lakers were he put up as good or better stats than Price did tonight.

I guess it doesn't matter that Lin put up the same amount of assists (4) in 15 minutes that Price had in 33 minutes.

It's an insult that a player of Lin's caliber is playing behind a 10 year career scrub who was half way out of the league before Byron "the crossed armed genius" started his infatuation in preseason. Btw Scott looks as stupid with that permenant crossed arms thing as Mike Woodson did with that stupid "intimadating" stare.

If Lin had time to develop without having to wonder when he's gonna get pulled for some nothing 4th stringer then maybe the lakers would have a PG they could grow with. Really you are gonna stunt Lin's developement and make him want to leave in FA for the sake of Ronnie "F'in" Price? ???

Fine go with Price maybe after 10 YEARS he's turned a corner and will now score more than 3.5PPG on average. Or maybe this is just and a few fluke games.

In the End it doesn't matter if the FO won't do the decent thing and trade Lin away from the utter and complete stupidty that is Byron Scott then Lin is a FA this summer. George Karl will get a HC gig and Lin will follow. Lin will thrive. LA's loss. Ruined the possibility for a long term play making PG who can shoot and finish all for the sale of Ronnie "F'in" Price.

So be it.

Completely ridiculous man.
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

So be it.

Completely ridiculous man.

I hope LinSanity fever is not catching again...in these forums?

This Laker team has more important things to worry about other than hype.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
Price has been playing very well, Lin sucked tonight. I'm a Lin fan but have to say it like it is.

From a team point of view, Lin and Young had forgettable games. Both are important to the team, I think. They both had excellent previous games and let's hope they turn it around for the next game because they'll be needed. The team won despite two impact players playing poorly because guys like Price tied his career high and overall played well. Wes played well, Kobe played a wonderful game except for TOs. This is a game, team thread, not an individual player thread.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject:

JLinfanJoe wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Not trying to divert this thread to another Lin thread, but to me, the ultimate ceiling of the Lakers is just so much higher if Lin was starter / closer and allowed to be much more actively involved in offense (everything initiated by Lin / Davis pnr and Kobe, and everyone else feed off the action they create)

Harden has gotten shut down by many good teams in Houston, but that type of defensive attention would also open up the floor for rest of team when Lin was playmaker on court along with Harden.

Same would be true if Kobe looks as good as he did yesterday (except for the turnovers). He looked great, and if he can do that consistently on fewer minutes per game, then having Lin on court with him instead of Price will open up rest of team for easier looks at basket.

Celtics game last year Harden was initially shut down very effectively by Avery Bradley, but Lin started to shred Celtics defense because of all attention directed at Harden, and Harden eventually also got his numbers because ball would get back to him for an now open three:

Game Flow: http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140113&game=HOUBOS (Harden was 5 - 16 through first three quarters of game)

Quote:
''When he's out, we have a more balanced attack,'' Parsons said of Harden. ''We run our sets and get the best shot available. When he's not there, we don't go one-on-one as much.''

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/1/30/5361516/chandler-parsons-james-harden-comments (10 Rockets players dressed for game against Mavericks; 7 scored in double digits; and Rockets actually won the game, too)

http://houseofhouston.com/2014/01/30/recap-houston-rockets-117-dallas-mavericks-115/

(Harden didn't play against either the Spurs or Mavericks (dinged up thumb?) but that team still had Lin and Dwight, in addition to Chandler Parsons and Omer Asik. Also not trying to imply that Lakers are better off when Kobe doesn't play, but they will be more dangerous, against very high level competition, if they find a much harder to guard mix of Lin and Kobe working together, rather than the Kobe as James "The Sledgehammer" Harden everything goes through him mode they are trying now. Good teams will stop Kobe and offense will screech to a halt).

IIRC, Chandler Parsons was also benched the next game for calling out Harden in public like that, even though every other player on team probably thought the same exact thing)

You're equating his play in Houston to his play in Los Angeles. I don't see it as a parallel equation.

If Lin were to play to his game when he's in the lineup with Kobe he'd be fine. When he plays with Kobe he defers when he should orchestrate. Kobe gave him the green light but he still works on the yellow caution.

Price and Swaggy take their shots. I wish Jeremy would too.

When Lin is in the lineup without Kobe he does a much better job at PG. He too tight when he plays with the Mamba.

I use Price's performances lately as the reason he should start.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
JLinfanJoe wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

You're equating his play in Houston to his play in Los Angeles. I don't see it as a parallel equation.

If Lin were to play to his game when he's in the lineup with Kobe he'd be fine. When he plays with Kobe he defers when he should orchestrate. Kobe gave him the green light but he still works on the yellow caution.

When Lin is in the lineup without Kobe he does a much better job at PG. He too tight when he plays with the Mamba.

I don't think Houston should be brought up much except to show that Lin isn't playing near his capabilities as a Laker. I thought Kobe and Lin were beginning to get somewhere in the 2-man game, they were even setting picks for each other but Byron went into Lin having the ball 90 percent of the time and Lin has to look for teammates more comments after the Minny game (where he played well with 18/11) and he has to develop more point guard instincts, blah blah blah. After that, Lin hasn't been the same.

Swaggy is a shooter, so he'll shoot regardless. Price is propped up by the coach and nearly got moved off of the team he was playing so poorly so things can turn around (I like Price's effort and attitude, so I'm glad to see him step up). Lin is trying to figure out his role and I think he is hearing conflicting things and trying to figure out how to play on this team. Boozer hinted at that in his interviews. Price doesn't have Lin's "weight", he can play freer. There is more stuff around him than just Lin when he plays. It's easier said than done for him to just start playing a certain way but he can have a mindset and a better idea of doing 2 or 3 things and that's it. Maybe he just needs to simplify.

At any rate, he played great a game ago. He had a bad game. Not going to make that much of it. I think a hot stretch is inevitable, it just hasn't really happened yet for him.
qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
JLinfanJoe wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Price doesn't play PG though. Kobe does. Price is shooting well recently. That's all.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject:

qiantom wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JLinfanJoe wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Price doesn't play PG though. Kobe does. Price is shooting well recently. That's all.
Kobe plays PG period. He handed the reigns to Lin but he didn't take them.

JLinfanJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

James Harden couldn't get it done in that type of role against Grizzlies last season:

http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140124&game=MEMHOU (this game wasn't a blowout in second half because Chandler Parsons hit 9 three pointers in a row then)

http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140125&game=HOUMEM (Lin was dumped into game for extended garbage time in second game because Rockets were getting blown out so badly with the Beverley led starting lineup)

Just like Harden, Kobe needs some help from someone who has a bit more skill on offense than Beverley or Price (
).

We'll see what happens going forward, but Nuggets are not elite level competition in the West.

If Kobe can do against the Grizzlies what he did against the Nuggets, I'll be very, very, very impressed.

And I don't question Kobe's ability to run the team (seeing what defense he is up against and making right decision as to where to pass the ball), but his actual passes are way off line quite a few times and they lead to alot of turnovers.

Quote:
"The Houston Rockets looked to be really hitting their stride at the start of January and the 2014 portion of the NBA regular season. After starting the year at a respectable 21-13, the Rockets came out in 2014 and won eight of their first 10 games of the month. However, they’ve looked quite different from the team that went on that run over their last two games.

The Rockets have spent the past two nights playing a home-and-home series with the Memphis Grizzlies. While the Rockets could have benefitted from taking care of business against one of the better defensive teams in the league, they actually did the opposite as they fell to Memphis on both Friday and Saturday.

After falling in a closely contested matchup in Houston on Friday, the Rockets were easily handled by the Grizzlies on Saturday, falling by a count of 99-81. Once again it was the Grizzlies defense that stifled the Rockets, holding them to just 37 percent shooting on the night. More importantly, the Rockets also shot just 28.1 percent on their 32 three-point attempts.

The Rockets dependency on the long-ball has been their real Achilles heel this season. For instance, when the Rockets shoot above their season average of 34.4 percent from three this season, they have a 17-5 record. In games where Houston shoots 34.4 percent or less from long-distance, the Rockets are now a meager 12-12.

With the shooters on this team, they undoubtedly want and need to use the long-ball to their advantage. However, taking 32 threes is a bit excessive. They need to find the balance between attacking and outside-shooting in their offense, especially against talented defensive teams like Memphis. There’s still a little less than half of the season left to go, but it will be interesting to see how the Rockets remedy this issue going forward."

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/01/26/houston-rockets-drop-both-games-of-back-to-back-with-grizzlies-keep-relying-on-three-ball/

First 10 games of season for Rockets last January (8 - 2): (Beverley out with hand fracture for most of that run)

Knicks (Lin starts; team win): http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140103&game=NYKHOU

Lakers (Lin starts; team win): http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140108&game=LALHOU

Hawks (Lin starts; McHale loses game): http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140110&game=HOUATL (ball got sticky with Harden, and McHale called this play out of a time out in crunch time:
)

Wizards (Lin starts; team win): http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140111&game=HOUWAS

Celtics (Lin starts; team win): http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140113&game=HOUBOS

Pelicans(Lin starts; team win): http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140115&game=HOUNOR (Rockets stole a game they rightfully shouldn't have been able to with fierce comeback at end of game, but it took alot out of them for upcoming Thunder game)

Thunder (Lin starts; "schedule loss"): http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140116&game=OKCHOU ("schedule loss": http://www.thedreamshake.com/2014/1/1/5259896/the-rockets-five-remaining-schedule-losses )

Bucks (Lin starts; team win): http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140118&game=MILHOU

Trailblazers (Beverley starts; "Fool's Gold" team win): http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140120&game=PORHOU (IIRC, third game in four nights; Trailblazers were obviously off their game because they missed alot of open shots; Beverley re-rolled out on national (NBA TV), instead of Bucks game when he could have played)
-

-

-

- http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2014/05/03/playbook-mechanics-damian-lillard-game-winner

Kings (Beverly starts; team win): http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140122&game=SACHOU

Yep, that's how Lin "lost" his starting job back to Beverley last season.

Just like Lin losing his starting job with Lakers for "defensive purposes" after Celtics game this year ( http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1583/4999/original.jpg )

Last edited by JLinfanJoe on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

There is a Lin thread to discuss Lin and a Lin vs Price thread to discuss Lin vs Price.

This is Lakersground not Linground.
JLinfanJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
There is a Lin thread to discuss Lin and a Lin vs Price thread to discuss Lin vs Price.

Sorry about that.

Just saw the response above and tried to reply (didn't look carefully at which thread I was reading).

I'll take any further replies to what I posted above to the Lin thread.
qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
qiantom wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JLinfanJoe wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Kobe does not play off the ball really, so he has to play PG when he is on the court. Not surprising and not his fault, but he did not hand the reigns to Lin other than a few kind words. Not much of the team play on court suggests handing the reigns to Lin.

Maybe you or Byron wanted Lin to take over or take the reigns even without teammates cooperating. Well, he is definitely not good enough to do that. He is not Rose or Westbrook.

From what Byron has said this season, it is most likely going to be Kobe playing PG as long as Byron and Kobe are here.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject:

qiantom wrote:
jodeke wrote:
qiantom wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JLinfanJoe wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Kobe does not play off the ball really, so he has to play PG when he is on the court. Not surprising and not his fault, but he did not hand the reigns to Lin other than a few kind words. Not much of the team play on court suggests handing the reigns to Lin.

Maybe you or Byron wanted Lin to take over or take the reigns even without teammates cooperating. Well, he is definitely not good enough to do that. He is not Rose or Westbrook.

From what Byron has said this season, it is most likely going to be Kobe playing PG as long as Byron and Kobe are here.

if I were Lin, I would be confused as well... he is in a tough spot, he just has to man up, play the best he can, don't need to worry about anything else, leave those to God...
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

JLinfanJoe wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Sorry about that.

Just saw the response above and tried to reply (didn't look carefully at which thread I was reading).

I'll take any further replies to what I posted above to the Lin thread.

Thanks!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19
Jump to: