LAKERS -at- BLAZERS - 1-5-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
Price would've made a difference in the 4th. I thought he held Lillard in check for 3 Qs. Then again, who knows? Lillard is that good. He may have some Mamba venom in his veins.

Nevertheless, a great showing by a shorthanded team on the 2nd game of a b2b.

Price guarded both Lillard and Blake with no more success than Lin had. Problem with Lillard in the 4thQ was he just immediately put up 3 pointers behind the screens and got hot. He's done that to other teams and good defensive ones.

The Lakers had an offensive cold streak in the 4th. This was a very competitive game. Hill's shooting touch came back.

Lillard talk about Lin in post game interview "I can't get away from Jeremy till I get my screens. From there I took over."

Lillard Post-Game Interview
http://www.nba.com/blazers/drop-box-lillardpost1.5.mp4

He didn't say that in that clip.

OK, you're right, so to the OP where does he say that? He did say any guy can take over the game and Lin and Young did that to Portland last year. He also said Ellington was playing well and it was a dog fight. Lillard gave 3 "bench" guys props.
xiaozhugong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
Price would've made a difference in the 4th. I thought he held Lillard in check for 3 Qs. Then again, who knows? Lillard is that good. He may have some Mamba venom in his veins.

Nevertheless, a great showing by a shorthanded team on the 2nd game of a b2b.

Price guarded both Lillard and Blake with no more success than Lin had. Problem with Lillard in the 4thQ was he just immediately put up 3 pointers behind the screens and got hot. He's done that to other teams and good defensive ones.

The Lakers had an offensive cold streak in the 4th. This was a very competitive game. Hill's shooting touch came back.

Lillard talk about Lin in post game interview "I can't get away from Jeremy till I get my screens. From there I took over."

Lillard Post-Game Interview
http://www.nba.com/blazers/drop-box-lillardpost1.5.mp4

He didn't say that in that clip.

OK, you're right, so to the OP where does he say that? He did say any guy can take over the game and Lin and Young did that to Portland last year. He also said Ellington was playing well and it was a dog fight. Lillard gave 3 "bench" guys props.

It's from Twitter,

CJCA (@CJStock_Sport) tweeted at 3:19pm - 6 Jan 15:

@JeanieBuss Lillard talk about Lin in post game interview "I can't get away from Jeremy till I get my screens. From there I took over."

https://mobile.twitter.com/CJStock_Sport/status/552560127601954816?s=17
Dr. Jez
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject:

xiaozhugong wrote:

It's from Twitter,

CJCA (@CJStock_Sport) tweeted at 3:19pm - 6 Jan 15:

@JeanieBuss Lillard talk about Lin in post game interview "I can't get away from Jeremy till I get my screens. From there I took over."

https://mobile.twitter.com/CJStock_Sport/status/552560127601954816?s=17

I couldn't find any direct source/video clip where Lillard said that.
The only thing he mentioned about Lin was relating to game planning and locking onto the "next guy" when the franchise player is missing, because guys like "Jeremy Lin took over a game against us last year. Nick Young, we've seen him do it a bunch of times", so Lillard upped his own game to help get the W.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject:

nshid wrote:
13th Man wrote:
nshid wrote:
13th Man wrote:
nshid wrote:
Richmond wrote:
nshid wrote:
Lin got creamed by Lillard tonight. I really believe the ball should be in Swaggy's hands when Kobe is not on the floor late in the game.

Btw, thanks DB!
The bigs helping on D got creamed too...and didn't Nick go 3-13???
**edit - I thought Lin did okay on the offensive end. We stop playing team ball late in games (with or without Kobe) that is a death sentence in most cases.
Every great team puts the ball in their best player's hand down in the stretch of the 4th quarter, especially when the team is struggling to score. It is not so much about who takes the shot but about controlling the offense, drawing defenders, and getting a good look at a shot. Lin and Ellington are not the best players when Kobe is not on the floor...most would argue that player is Swaggy P, especially considering creating on the offensive end. I would have preferred Swaggy P take the ball down the court and create during the 3 minute mark, instead some of our players supplanted themselves as the first option.
You're talking as if Swaggy didn't get his chances late in the game. While he's great at creating shots for himself he was 3/13 and threw up some bad looking shots prior to Lin's shot. What if we had kept giving him the ball and he kept missing, you probably be singing to a different tune.

Anytime things don't work out perfectly, there's always should haves but in this case I didn't see many other options given that Young had his chances as well and wasn't hitting. So Lin didn't deliver when he took advantage of the opportunity, that's part of the game and learning experience. Even the great players do not deliver all the time, what is Kobe's game winning shot record, someone mentioned 1 for the past 19? I'm sure that BS will make a huge example of this one instance for future games but whatever....it's one shot people can scrutinize it to death, I don't see it as a season breaking loss.
It is about consistency, roles, and closing out games. There is nothing wrong with someone like Kobe or Swaggy P controlling the offense late in the game. There is something wrong with inconsistent attempts by role players to try to take over the game. Not to call out Lin, but he and Parsons did this stuff in Houston during the playoffs versus Portland last year and were traded...rightfully so, I might add.

Again this is about the team, closing out games, and consistency. Is this something you want to see on a nightly basis?...inconsistent players taking over the game late?
Lin did pretty well overall in the Portland series as a Rocket, but as usual one of his mistakes gets overblown just as it is in this case. Inconsistent attempts by a role player trying to take over a game? This was the only time Lin tried to take a game winner or whatever in the entire season, talk about over-magnifying and overblowing it's signifance. Just wow. He tries it one time when Kobe is not playing and Swaggy was struggling and you make it seem as though he's trying to be the hero every night.
I have no problem with Lin. I just don't fall into the hype. I want the Lakers to win just as much as most fans on LG, but I see our players for who they are rather than for who I want them to be. Lin has potential, but Swaggy P should handle the ball late because he can get a good look and draw fouls on defenders, same as Kobe. Lin is inconsistent as a PG and is more of a 2-guard...get it to your scorers late when the team is struggling to score...not such a difficult concept to grasp.
Since JLin was the PG, he should be the one to organize the team to get the best shot - whether himself, Swaggy or Ellington - who would get cleaner looks coming off screens.

JLin air balling a long contest 3 is acceptable but not his strength, which is driving the paint. Air balls happen, even to Kobe. The difference is that Kobe was a rookie during the Utah playoff game and JLin is a veteran in a regular game. Air-balling a long contested 3 pt shot (that did not force any doubleteams since he hasn't proven that he can finish and against an elite guard) that JLin stated that he has practiced confirms what level he is able to play at. With Swaggy and Ellington not moving/cutting, one aeemingly can assume that BScott said that the final play is yours to execute.

Anybody know if Ellington or Swaggy were open on that play?

The Lakers are meeting John Ireland's goals - play exciting and co
competitive basketball. Mission Accomplished

Anybody realistically expecting JLin and Swaggy to up their status to being successful starters that are able to adjust and consistently make the right plays at the end of games for long-standing title-contending teams. They are having primetime opportunities to prove themselves from this game to the end of the season.

Both of them are providing good efforts. They are not ready at this time, but have this entire season to prove if they belong in the N!
BA
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:

nshid wrote:
Lin got creamed by Lillard tonight. I really believe the ball should be in Swaggy's hands when Kobe is not on the floor late in the game.

Btw, thanks DB!

Did . . .did you watch the game? The ball was in Nick's hands, A LOT. He didn't do anything with it besides dance around with it before putting up a mid range or three point shot. That's Nick's game. Nick dominates and dominated the ball a whole hell of a lot more than Lin in the second unit
ggeasy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject:

purple.23 wrote:
I think the offense in the last 3 or so min was what failed. The defense is what it is with this team, but the they couldn't score was the problem. If you can't stop the other team from scoring, you at least should score to keep up - it's not like the Blazers are great defensively.

Wait what? The Blazers are the 3rd best team in the league defensively. Do people even check the facts before posting anymore? Plus, a 3 pt shot right off a screen and a turnaround jumper from the post are the two hardest shots to stop in the game. However, they're also some of the hardest shots to make consistently which is why guys like Curry, Lillard, and Aldridge, are so valued and hard to stop once they get hot. Unfortunately, the Blazers have two of those nearly impossible to stop shot makers. Tough game and tough team and we should be glad we kept it close to the end.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: