Kristaps Porzingis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Kristaps Porzingis

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kristaps-Porzingis-7119/

What do you guys think? Raw athletic project big we can stash if we get another first rounder?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Bond villain henchman.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Well he has the name to make it in America
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject:

Yes. Lightweight, but plays like a SF offensively.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject:

Great help defender and has some perimeter skill offensively. Will get beat up down low on both ends in the NBA though. A project, but intriguing. He's a few years away.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject:

AK27?
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject:

He needs to badly raise those 2-point percentages. For that height, that's shameful. It's hard to take him seriously if he doesn't up that aspect. Plays small also with lack of rebounding. But inspector gadget arms rack up steals and blocks effortlessly.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject:

Bummer, he withdrew.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject:

Welp, a year later and he's a top 5 prospect in this draft.
Anyone have an open mind to him playing Center?
Is he really much more outmatched at the position than Gobert and Deing are?
I do think his body is best suited for the PF position, I mean, if he doesn't have to focus on gaining much weight - he can just get NBA training and get more athletic, you'll have a player who does some things that look like Anthony Davis. That's at PF. Drafting him to play Center - it's a gamble becuase his athleticism/mobility is what makes him potentially special , and he could lose some of that with having to gain a lot of weight.
He has 2 recent draft express videos and also a highlight tape called "topping the clouds" all on YouTube. This kid is so intriguing.

If the Lakers think they can easily put 20 pounds on him and keep his athleticism/mobility , then he should be considered over Karl Towns. At least considered. Porzingis has the potential to block shots and stretch the floor just as well or better than Towns. Personally I'm not confident Towns will ever be comfortable in the low post, so I wouldnt outright put him above Porzingis for his supposed inside/out game. Porzingis has great activity on the O-boards and has the mobility to block shots weak side, while not just protecting the rim. Already has easy 20 foot range. He can attack a close out a little bit and get to the rim. He's a really dynamic package

highlight reel (recommended) (mute dis though. lol)
draft express

I think Porzingis at the 4 can look similar to Anthony Davis in terms of weakside shotblocking, offensive rebounding. he's also going to have 3point range.
Honestly, I'd consider moving Randle to the 3 for Porzingis. Randle would bully SFs in the post, at will, no doubt. And i also think that Randle can change his form to become a 3point based form - right now the hitch in his shot is great for midrange; he could fix that for 3point range.

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject:

Man, I got hungry when I read his name.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Porzingis isn't far behind Mudiay -- if he's behind him at all. A number of NBA scouts and GMs who have traveled to Spain to see him play this year have come back raving about him.

"He's an athletic, super-skilled 7-footer who can do everything well," one GM said. "I was watching him warm up and had flashbacks to when I saw Pau Gasol take the floor for the first time in Spain, only this kid is much more athletic than Gasol but plays with that same fluidity. I've been asking my team since then: Are you sure he's not the No. 1 guy? Are these guys in college really better than him?"

Another long-time international scout: "He's my favorite player in this draft. I keep telling my staff: This one is not like other international players. He's the real deal. He's special in all the ways a player can be special. He just needs to get stronger. That's it. He's going to be a big-time pro."

Blessed with great size, skill, and athleticism for his position -- all the comparables scouts are using for him are big-time NBA players: Nowitkzi, Gasol, and a more athletic Nikola Mirotic.

Still, not every team is sold on his game.

Porzingis needs to get stronger. He can fall in love with his perimeter game despite the fact that some scouts report that he's grown taller than 7 feet. And one NBA GM had this unique knock on his game.

"I don't think he's an a--h---. I watched him knock down a couple of guys during the course of the game and then stop, reach his hand down and help them up off the floor. I hate that. I want guys that are killers, that want to destroy their opponent. You see that and I wonder if he has the fire necessary to be great."

There are teams that have him ranked as high as No. 2 or No. 3 on their internal boards. But most likely he'll go in the No. 4 to No. 6 range.

Link

From a Chad Ford article on him. Outside of Towns and Okafor why not Porzingis?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Quote:
Porzingis isn't far behind Mudiay -- if he's behind him at all. A number of NBA scouts and GMs who have traveled to Spain to see him play this year have come back raving about him.

"He's an athletic, super-skilled 7-footer who can do everything well," one GM said. "I was watching him warm up and had flashbacks to when I saw Pau Gasol take the floor for the first time in Spain, only this kid is much more athletic than Gasol but plays with that same fluidity. I've been asking my team since then: Are you sure he's not the No. 1 guy? Are these guys in college really better than him?"

Another long-time international scout: "He's my favorite player in this draft. I keep telling my staff: This one is not like other international players. He's the real deal. He's special in all the ways a player can be special. He just needs to get stronger. That's it. He's going to be a big-time pro."

Blessed with great size, skill, and athleticism for his position -- all the comparables scouts are using for him are big-time NBA players: Nowitkzi, Gasol, and a more athletic Nikola Mirotic.

Still, not every team is sold on his game.

Porzingis needs to get stronger. He can fall in love with his perimeter game despite the fact that some scouts report that he's grown taller than 7 feet. And one NBA GM had this unique knock on his game.

"I don't think he's an a--h---. I watched him knock down a couple of guys during the course of the game and then stop, reach his hand down and help them up off the floor. I hate that. I want guys that are killers, that want to destroy their opponent. You see that and I wonder if he has the fire necessary to be great."

There are teams that have him ranked as high as No. 2 or No. 3 on their internal boards. But most likely he'll go in the No. 4 to No. 6 range.

Link

From a Chad Ford article on him. Outside of Towns and Okafor why not Porzingis?

I've seen him compete well in the paint. I've seen him pushed around. It's tough to see how strong he really is, because he compensates with footwork and length well.

kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Would you take anyone besides Towns or Okafor over Porzingis? Strength would be one of the more easier things to improve on.
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Would take him or Hezonja at 5 if Muiday/Russell/ Okafor/KAT are selected already
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject:

He's gunna need 3 years until he's strong enough to bang with Centers on the glass. He's still not as strong as even Myles Turner
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Would you take anyone besides Towns or Okafor over Porzingis? Strength would be one of the more easier things to improve on.

He has a narrow frame, not the type to bulk up on.

LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Gesundheit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: