CAVS -at- LAKERS - 1-15-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
razor wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
worst game i have ever seen in my life. i don't even know what they were doing out there because they weren't playing basketball. it was watching a bunch of grown men fondling each other on live nationally televised tv. too much love and ego stroking going around. two of the most dysfunctional teams in the league playing absolute zero defense while showcasing their stars. it's so apparent they weren't playing to win. i've seen more competitiveness in all-stars games. even WWE is more real than this garbage. question is, are they going to be doing this on every nationally televised games? no wonder ABC decided to drop the Lakers games. just pathetic. the love fest got so real!!

byron to kobe: i love you, man
byron to price: i love you, man
labron to kobe: i love you, man. here ya go, have the driving lane
miller to kobe: i love you, man
miller to blatt: i love you, man
love to kobe: i love to slap your a$$, man
byron to price: we on again tonight?
price to byron: yes, your place or mine?
anita to lawyers: yea, i got it all on tape
That's exactly the way I saw it!! All that phoney smiling on national tv, reggie miller telling us what a great thing we were seeing over and over.......kobe had 17 assists, but the offensive flow was bad. Having your big shooting 20 footers is peachy, but real stupid in the big picture.
yup. this game was unbearable to watch. if Kobe watches tapes of this game he'd be crushed. especially for someone as competitive as he is. he wouldn't want any freebies. he even tried his darndest to cover Labron who just drove right by him in back to back possessions (right after the freebie). he didn't even know. it was sad to witness
With an attitude like this, why do you even bother watching basketball? There were plenty of things to crap on today, but Kobe's performance definitely wasn't one of them.
Agree

Honestly I saw the same thing Tyusedney1 did. Kobe played a great game, but my goodness that was like an exhibition game. No defense by either team. It was hard to watch, I don't know if it was exciting as some people said it was.

The reason for that could be the fact that both clubs are two of the worst defensive teams in the league?
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
razor wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
worst game i have ever seen in my life. i don't even know what they were doing out there because they weren't playing basketball. it was watching a bunch of grown men fondling each other on live nationally televised tv. too much love and ego stroking going around. two of the most dysfunctional teams in the league playing absolute zero defense while showcasing their stars. it's so apparent they weren't playing to win. i've seen more competitiveness in all-stars games. even WWE is more real than this garbage. question is, are they going to be doing this on every nationally televised games? no wonder ABC decided to drop the Lakers games. just pathetic. the love fest got so real!!

That's exactly the way I saw it!! All that phoney smiling on national tv, reggie miller telling us what a great thing we were seeing over and over.......kobe had 17 assists, but the offensive flow was bad. Having your big shooting 20 footers is peachy, but real stupid in the big picture.
yup. this game was unbearable to watch. if Kobe watches tapes of this game he'd be crushed. especially for someone as competitive as he is. he wouldn't want any freebies. he even tried his darndest to cover Labron who just drove right by him in back to back possessions (right after the freebie). he didn't even know. it was sad to witness
With an attitude like this, why do you even bother watching basketball? There were plenty of things to crap on today, but Kobe's performance definitely wasn't one of them.
Agree

Honestly I saw the same thing Tyusedney1 did. Kobe played a great game, but my goodness that was like an exhibition game. No defense by either team. It was hard to watch, I don't know if it was exciting as some people said it was.

I'm sure there were at least 14 minutes and 51 seconds where you were both excited though.

Dumb game, conspiracy theory, no conspiracy theory/schmeory, snakehead is really a defensive bumbler in drag and an offensive fart...

Ah, whatever...For the moment, throw all that mumbo, jumbo out the window.

Hopefully the ~14min and 51sec player (or at least who I think is the implied culprit ) watched Kobe carefully and was able to pick up a thing or two tonight.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject:

SIT_GOODWIN_SIT! wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
razor wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:

Agree

I'm sure there were at least 14 minutes and 51 seconds where you were both excited though.

Dumb game, conspiracy theory, no conspiracy theory/schmeory, snakehead is really a defensive bumbler in drag and an offensive fart...

Ah, whatever...For the moment, throw all that mumbo, jumbo out the window.

Hopefully the ~14min and 51sec player (or at least who I think is the implied culprit ) watched Kobe carefully and was able to pick up a thing or two tonight.

yes he did, he was interviewed about this, and he said that since he was off the court whenever kobe is on the court, he was able to watched every kobe play from the bench
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
s_habe wrote:
Thanks, DB!

Whatever happened to Ellington?
Ellington is starting on the coming road trip I'm not making this up.
i think Wayne knows the plan of him this season, he was pretty happy and cheerful on the bench... he is nowhere close to the doghouse...

Lin looked calm, collected... at ease after every game (from his interviews)... I think he knows his fate in lakers too, although he might not be happy with it, but what can he do?
Entertaining game that was competitive

Revealing that neither Price or JLin were in at the end of the game. BScott made the decision that having RKelly - instead of JLin or Price - was the better option. One could see the logic that resulted in Johnson defending Lebron.

It was great All-Star Game-like excitement when LeBron and Kobe were defending each other.

The team and game met the realistic expectations

come on, LeBron half heartedly guarded Kobe when Kobe drove to the hoop...seriously I'd like to see LeBron guarded Kobe hard, to show some real respect...
Price's elbow was hurt, was ineffective in both ends, Scott still played him 27 minutes... and would not play Lin single minute against Kyrie... Wan't he the coach of Cavaliers in Kyrie's rookie season, when JLin led the Knicks crushed them in 3rd and 4th quarters... the sophomore Jlin out dueled the rookie Kyrie...

I think you are creating a myth here thst Lebron has ever been a great on ball defender, I would say he is a great help defender, but it has never been his strong suite.

LeBron has limited Rose, Parker, one-on-one and a bunch of solid offensive players. LeBron is one of the top defenders in the league when he puts his energy into it.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for continuing to be awesome DB.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Guys, could we please stick to basketball and refrain from the bickering back and forth and personal snipes? Thanks.
hopandskip
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:

btw, do yo feel LeBron looked strange, I have not watched a lot of his games this season, he did not seem to be very engaged in the game, not the LeBron I used to see... He had a good game, but he could be way better than this...

Must be having a mid-career crisis. His hair is half gone.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: