*****Cavaliers @ Lakers 1/15/15 Game Thread*****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanAng
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Reason for player reduced minutes: about to get traded.

Ellington: probably already have a deal lined up for him, so FO doesn't want him to get hurt.

Lin: see above, but also need him to play to keep the game points respectable/perhaps also showcasing him in limited minutes to get other offers

Sacre: I don't need to explain.

IMO
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject:

i_am_luv_sic wrote:
no I know Lin has been getting yanked, but even when price was on bench he was at least getting 20+ minutes. 14 minutes is like all time low considering he scored 9 pts in those minutes. no other explanation other playing him so few and ellington 0 unless trade imo?

Not sure why Ellington didn't get minutes. It's not like Young was ballin'.

And it's sounding like Scott is keeping Lin and Kobe on the floor at different times. I suppose it would make sense in this game since Kobe was playing PG... but then Price shouldn't have had more than 15 minutes either. And Lin is better at SG than Price. And Ellington is also better at SG. So even with the excuse of Kobe playing point, Lim or Ellington really should have seen more time.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject:

DanAng wrote:
Reason for player reduced minutes: about to get traded.

Ellington: probably already have a deal lined up for him, so FO doesn't want him to get hurt.

Lin: see above, but also need him to play to keep the game points respectable/perhaps also showcasing him in limited minutes to get other offers

Sacre: I don't need to explain.

IMO

ellington: saved for playing tomorrow
lin: in dog house
sacre: no need to explain
nashftw
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject:

hasn't scott been asked by any reporter about ellington's benching?
revoldas
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject:

1. Lose the game - checked
2. Stay close and remain some-what competitive - checked
3. Watch closely on Kobe's PT - checked
4. Develop young players for the future - MIA

Well 3 out of 4, that isn't too bad I guess.
kastuul
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject:

The Lakers and their coach look relaxed and don't care they have lost 3games in a row.
WuKong
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject:

"Are you not entertained?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

Kobe Bryant sets career high with 17 assists in Lakers loss
By Eric Freeman

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-sets-career-high-with-17-assists-in-lakers-loss-072018034.html

"...Kobe also had 19 points (7-of-14 FG) in the Lakers' 109-102 loss, but he was good enough to suggest that his team could have won the game if he had been allowed to see more of the court. Unfortunately, that's just the way things are for an aging superstar...."

"...Regardless, this performance was as impressive as any we've seen from Kobe this season. It's best to appreciate it and any more that may lie in the future while we still can...."

This was a very well executed circus. I however was not entertained. I look for competitive team basketball... a sport... not entertainment. I do not like set ups and manipulation. I like competitive sports.

Compete with your best men on the floor yeah hardnosed smashmouth basketball. You hear this BS!?! Not this fakery.

Geesh ...The closeup shots at the end of the game of Lebron and Kobe "guarding" each other it was like a Halllmark/Lifetime movie or an afterschool special moment... UGH!!!
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject:

WuKong wrote:

By Eric Freeman

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-sets-career-high-with-17-assists-in-lakers-loss-072018034.html

"...Kobe also had 19 points (7-of-14 FG) in the Lakers' 109-102 loss, but he was good enough to suggest that his team could have won the game if he had been allowed to see more of the court. Unfortunately, that's just the way things are for an aging superstar...."

"...Regardless, this performance was as impressive as any we've seen from Kobe this season. It's best to appreciate it and any more that may lie in the future while we still can...."

This was a very well executed circus. I however was not entertained. I look for competitive team basketball... a sport... not entertainment. I do not like set ups and manipulation. I like competitive sports.

Compete with your best men on the floor yeah hardnosed smashmouth basketball. You hear this BS!?! Not this fakery.

Geesh ...The closeup shots at the end of the game of Lebron and Kobe "guarding" each other it was like a Halllmark/Lifetime movie or an afterschool special moment... UGH!!!

Great game by Kobe.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

kastuul wrote:
The Lakers and their coach look relaxed and don't care they have lost 3games in a row.

There never seems to be any strategy, and adjustments. SO SO MANY times we've seen Jordan hit everything early, Lakers look great then the other team adjusts. We never seems to.
Also if Kobe is going to play point guard then maybe Nick Young, who will eventually com come out of his slump should be paired with Bryant. It just seems to me, IMHO that various combinations should be tried since the current ones sometimes look okay but don't win.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject:

WuKong wrote:

By Eric Freeman

What exactly was wrong with Kobe guarding Lebron at the end of the game? Talk about complaining just to complain.
WuKong
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
WuKong wrote:

By Eric Freeman

What exactly was wrong with Kobe guarding Lebron at the end of the game? Talk about complaining just to complain.

Because it was all for show... entertainment purposes only... this was not a competitive basketball game...

So if that is what you like to watch great for you glad you enjoyed it... but I personally do not like this... too similar to wrestling for my tastes.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject:

It's the talking point of the day, brought about by the only shadow political campaign in the the NBA.
TheJMan24
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm from England & still can't get my head round what is & what isn't a foul but do all refs just give Lebron everything??

Watching game from last night & the start of the 2nd quarter was ridiculous. He just kept driving to the basket & got about 4 fouls against him in 2 mins - luckily he missed a few at the line - but then we just started backing off him & looked scared to get within a foot of him knowing it would be called a foul??

Meanwhile at the other end, Kelly & Black took heavy contact at times & nothing was called??

Is this a fairly normal occurrence??
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

TheJMan24 wrote:
I'm from England & still can't get my head round what is & what isn't a foul but do all refs just give Lebron everything??

Watching game from last night & the start of the 2nd quarter was ridiculous. He just kept driving to the basket & got about 4 fouls against him in 2 mins - luckily he missed a few at the line - but then we just started backing off him & looked scared to get within a foot of him knowing it would be called a foul??

Meanwhile at the other end, Kelly & Black took heavy contact at times & nothing was called??

Is this a fairly normal occurrence??

If your having a bad night shooting then i would attack the basket too. If you attack the basket then most of the time you will get foul calls.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53
Page 53 of 53
Jump to: