Ice Man vs Axe Murderer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Ice Man vs Axe Murderer

Dana White announced that if Chuck gets past Babalu, he'll fight Wanderlei.

Chuck is a deadly striker but Wandy has a cinder block skull. Even CroCop and Mark Hunt couldn't KO Wandy. Both are at the top of their games and it should be a great fight.

I think either has a shot at winning but some of Wandy's arsenal, mainly the soccer kicks, will neutralized by the UFC rules. However, he's been more active and fought better fighters the last couple of the years because UFC tends to baby their golden boys like Liddell, Franklin, and Leben (until Anderson Silva). Chuck has recent wins over a washed up Couture and an overrated Jeremy Horn with his only significant win coming against Tito. Win or lose Wandy has been fighting world class fighters like Arona, Yoshida, and Hunt. It's a toss up and either man could win.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

Ive been freaking out about this fight since last night, it should be the biggest fight in MMA history. My moneys on Wanderlei, but I wouldnt be suprised either way. I still cant believe its going to happen, but Chuck needs to get rid of Babalu first.
SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I couldn't get over him saying I'd like to FU** -I mean,FIGHTChuck Liddell

Dude totally slipped up his words on PPV. It'd be embarrassing to admitting to gay lust on tv...even if it was an accident. Still funny
ALF
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Chuck still has to beat Babalu at UFC 62 in order to fight Silva. Babalu is no joke. If Chuck takes him likely, he could lose.

If Chuck does face Silva, I think Silva will take it. Silva looked sloppy against Arona, Yoshida, and Hunt but he redeemed himself against Fujita. He absolutely crushed Fujita (I actually felt bad for Fujita because the ref allowed the fight to go on way too long) at the last Pride event.

Silva's biggest weakness is his chin. He has been rocked in several of his fights but he tends to recover quickly. If Silva can avoid taking one on the chin, I think he will win.

I hope the UFC will send Sylvia to Pride. I'd love to see him get stomped on by Fedor, CroCop, Nog, etc...
Gobias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject:

Chuck is going to get crushed. Pride fighters>>>>UFC fighters
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: