Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
Slicer wrote:
I'm confused at what happened at the start of the 4th quarter. The Lakers closed the 3rd strong except for Lin's screwup leading to the TO and layup, which was essentially a 4 point switch. Instead of being up 3, ended up being down 1, but whatever, (bleep) happens.

4th quarter everything simply went to (bleep), Lin looked ineffective and Young was being his typical ballhog idiot self. Ellington and Boozer were their usual selves. Sacre useless and getting destroyed by Brow Power, who was also dominating on the defensive paint as well. I dont get how things that were working for the 2nd unit stopped worked. Lin was trying to be pin point aggressive, which is good, but when his teammates weren't hitting their shots or moving off ball i dunno why he didnt try to take matters into his own hands to create something out of nothing. The stagnant ball movement in the 4th plus Brow doing what superstars do essentially decided the game.

I dont expect much coaching from Scott, so im mostly disappointed in Lin for not organizing and firing up the troops. Lin had to know that with the (bleep) team play he was gonna get pulled for Price, so i dunno why he didnt try to take matters into his own hands. Young shouldn't be allowed to ISO and just focus on catching and shooting. Things simply werent working and no adjustments seemed to be made by coaches or players, Kobe coming back in with a dead right arm was just icing on teh cake

that would get him pulled faster. lin only took one shot in the second half. as someone posted earlier, the pg position took the least shots today, that seem to be scott's wonderful offensive schemes

At what point is Byron going to realize Young going ISO ruins the balance of the offense. Young should never be allowed to dribble dribble dribble and chuck. That's downright school yard crap. Yet Byron still allows Nick to do that crap.
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
back2backlakers2010 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
summerly wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
why can't Lin clear up his TOs, it is annoying...

He should calm it down on that fastbreak play and wait for his teammate if he cannot get into the paint for the layup. Trying too hard on that play.

Another turnover was he dribble to the paint and pass the ball to Davis who is in a bad position.

Overall he has a decent game with only 20 mins.

I don't mind his TOs. Had a travel where he wanted to aggressively drive to the rim and he was trying to get the ball to Davis and I think the defensive guy made a good play. The only one I didn't like was the getting stripped but Lin had 4 steals, so in a way they cancel out the TOs.

Lin played well in the first half, not the second. And he took only 4 shots? Lin has to shoot more than 4 shots.

Nah, BS doesn't want JLin to shoot the ball. He wants him to pass first to others that have been sucking missing shots.

That's what I don't get...he's a better scorer than almost all the guys he's passing it to. What the hell is Byron thinking? What a (bleep).

He actually is a (bleep), if you were Lin, how would you deal with this type of coach...

I say just do it his way, but it's clear when he does it his way he gets benched. So I have no idea. He's in a no win situation. If I was him I would flat out just stop playing hard for him and tune him out. He's got nothing to lose.
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject:

BigislandHank wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
fafan wrote:
SweetP wrote:
fafan wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:

Actually, whole team has same problem. Kobe 4, Hill 3, Davis 3, Lin 3. It means this team doesn't have the fixed tactical yet.

Ah but in way fewer minutes for Lin. That's what always comes up when he doesn't have as many assists or points as someone else so it should count for TOs also.

Not only mean this game. Like last game, Hill 6, Wes, 4, Young 4, Lin 3. this team really haven't build a mature system.

i am not saying Lin's fault for this game, just in general hope he can clean up his careless turnovers... you know once you have the reputation,it is hard to shave it off... he should help himself..

Lin is just a little sloppy. To me, if he doesn't turn it over he's usually not playing at the level of aggression he should. Sometimes he'll have a low turnover game but he's high-risk, high reward. If you look at Kobe he's a little sloppy at times too and turns it over. I'd rather have an effective aggressive Lin making things happen and getting a few TOs than a hesitant Lin not being a factor getting few TOs.

Seems like the team gave up on BS in the second half. Lin had a great 1st half, then sits for 11-minutes for the Snake Head in the 3rd. I'd say screw it.

you are absolutely right, man. if i were Lin and i had to wait this long to come in the 3rd quarter, knowing that Price will come in around the 5 minutes mark in the 4th quarter, i would say screw it to BS. it takes away from his aggression that he had in the first half. BS plays the cruel game to Lin this season. i don't understand BS what he did Ellington sitting him out for 2 games and now Kelly who was put in as a starter and now not even playing a minute tonight. Kobe playing hurt and still collecting his 30 minutes today and then taking him out at the end of the game. I don't know what to say about this coach anymore.
Slicer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Well Lin can't do that either. He still has a contract to play for. If he goes all rebel, Scott will just bench him the rest of the way and GMs will use that against him to try to lowball him.

Ya know, in the end Lin's just gotta do what asians tend to do in America. STFU, work hard, and bear it. It's basically what he's already doing, no point changing tacks now.
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Slicer wrote:
Well Lin can't do that either. He still has a contract to play for. If he goes all rebel, Scott will just bench him the rest of the way and GMs will use that against him to try to lowball him.

Ya know, in the end Lin's just gotta do what asians tend to do in America. maintain low tones, work hard, and bear it. It's basically what he's already doing, no point changing tacks now.

yeah, you are right.
xiaozhugong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Lakersprime wrote:
Spill512 wrote:
Entire thread is full of bitter Ronnie Price insults. Get a grip.

This.

yeah, should give Ronnie a break... i know everybody is pointing at Byron...
Ronnie is innocent...

Should ask coach BS give Price a break. Stop this nonsense special treatment.

you are the one who talks nonsense...

I'm talking about Coach BS should give Price a break by stop talking "the head of the snake nonsense" and give Price the special treatment, the unjustified playing time.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Slicer wrote:
I'm confused at what happened at the start of the 4th quarter. The Lakers closed the 3rd strong except for Lin's screwup leading to the TO and layup, which was essentially a 4 point switch. Instead of being up 3, ended up being down 1, but whatever, (bleep) happens.

4th quarter everything simply went to (bleep), Lin looked ineffective and Young was being his typical ballhog idiot self. Ellington and Boozer were their usual selves. Sacre useless and getting destroyed by Brow Power, who was also dominating on the defensive paint as well. I dont get how things that were working for the 2nd unit stopped worked. Lin was trying to be pin point aggressive, which is good, but when his teammates weren't hitting their shots or moving off ball i dunno why he didnt try to take matters into his own hands to create something out of nothing. The stagnant ball movement in the 4th plus Brow doing what superstars do essentially decided the game.

I dont expect much coaching from Scott, so im mostly disappointed in Lin for not organizing and firing up the troops. Lin had to know that with the (bleep) team play he was gonna get pulled for Price, so i dunno why he didnt try to take matters into his own hands. Young shouldn't be allowed to ISO and just focus on catching and shooting. Things simply werent working and no adjustments seemed to be made by coaches or players, Kobe coming back in with a dead right arm was just icing on teh cake

Because Lin defers to much. He should have said to Young chill out with chucking, let's move the ball around some and I'll work off the dribble and you just get open for catch and shoots. Instead, Young goes into dribble and chuck mindset, Lin gets rid of the ball too soon and lets things happen rather than makes things happen. I think he should also look for his own shot, the guy can penetrate and if not finish, get to the line.
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Slicer wrote:

Because Lin defers to much. He should have said to Young chill out with chucking, let's move the ball around some and I'll work off the dribble and you just get open for catch and shoots. Instead, Young goes into dribble and chuck mindset, Lin gets rid of the ball too soon and lets things happen rather than makes things happen. I think he should also look for his own shot, the guy can penetrate and if not finish, get to the line.

I thought Lin did a great job of penetrating in the first half against that white guy, then the 2nd half he deferred way too much. It almost seems like when he's aggressive Byron benches him, so when he comes back in he's useless. I mean why wait until the 1 minute mark to take out Ronnie who was in-effective? If that doesn't scream favortism, I don't know what does.
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:25 am    Post subject:

Slicer wrote:
Ya know, in the end Lin's just gotta do what asians tend to do in America. maintain low tones, work hard, and bear it. It's basically what he's already doing, no point changing tacks now.

Eff that noise, the newer generation Asians don't play like that. We're mostly Americanized now, Lin needs to have a serious talk with Nick and if the guy can't stop chucking then Lin needs to stop feeding him. Lin is still the PG of the second unit.. for now. It's ok to get angry
revoldas
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject:

At this point of season winning/loosing really no longer matters, what should be done is to develop young players while preserving Kobe. And BS failed at both task. Clarkson didn't play at all, Kobe playing after got hurt. Watching BS coaching the Lakers is getting more and more frustrating now.

And I hate to bring up Lin/Price again. When one played 20 mins with 7 point/3 assists/4 steals, while the other played 27 mins with 2 points/2 assists/1 steal (0/2 FG by the way), something is really screwy with BS's rotation. There is really no reason to keep a hurting Kobe and a non-productive Price while Lin sits on the bench.

Maybe BS just dislike Lin's 3 TO that much, or there really is so much of Price's "intangible" which doesn't show in the stats. I don't know. I would really want to hear some explanation from him though.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject:

revoldas wrote:
At this point of season winning/loosing really no longer matters, what should be done is to develop young players while preserving Kobe. And BS failed at both task. Clarkson didn't play at all, Kobe playing after got hurt. Watching BS coaching the Lakers is getting more and more frustrating now.

And I hate to bring up Lin/Price again. When one played 20 mins with 7 point/3 assists/4 steals, while the other played 27 mins with 2 points/2 assists/1 steal (0/2 FG by the way), something is really screwy with BS's rotation. There is really no reason to keep a hurting Kobe and a non-productive Price while Lin sits on the bench.

Maybe BS just dislike Lin's 3 TO that much, or there really is so much of Price's "intangible" which doesn't show in the stats. I don't know. I would really want to hear some explanation from him though.

I really think it's a personality thing.

Just like Kobe, Scott respects people who leave it all on the floor; give maximum effort and HATE losing.

While that may describe several players, the way they SHOW it depends on personality. Kobe and Price have a personality that shows chippiness and grit. They brood. You can sense the seething anger. You can see focus in their eyes.

Guys like Lin, Booz, etc... may be extremely competitive and hate losing. They may work hard. But their personalities are more subdued. It doesn't make you uncomfortable being around them when they're upset. You dont feel it as much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Scott interprets that as a lack of desire,... a lack of fire.

Scott understands guys like Kobe and Price.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject:

Renmei wrote:
Slicer wrote:

Eff that noise, the newer generation Asians don't play like that. We're mostly Americanized now, Lin needs to have a serious talk with Nick and if the guy can't stop chucking then Lin needs to stop feeding him. Lin is still the PG of the second unit.. for now. It's ok to get angry

It seems Kobe is the leader of 1 unit and Young is 2nd.
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject:

Slicer wrote:

Hmm.. Me thinks you may a point but probably best to use caution with the subject matter 'cuz it can be a slippery slope.

Some may get it but unfortunately, and fair or unfair, many others might view such commentary as that of a raving race lunatic or something...which might not help bolster the pro-Lin thesis.
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
.... You can sense the seething anger. You can see focus in their eyes....

Well hello Emperor Palpatine...is that you?

What you say is rather interesting. It is reminiscent of some folks in a gym. From afar, you might notice one guy that is very expressive and another that seems rather quiet. But upon closer inspection:

1) The expressive guy may be grunting and squealing as if he wants everyone to know that he is about to unload a massive deuce/dump or something. However, still difficult to discern whether or not he is truly giving maximum effort.

2) On the other hand, the only tell tale sign with the quiet guy might be veins popping out of his head and looking like he is about to blow a jugular.

If what you say is true then in theory, pleasing Scott more could be a matter of displaying additional amounts of the former (backhanded way of viewing Scott as a mere simpleton). Unfortunately, this might also indicate that Scott may not be able to understand the differences amongst people and thereby, not know how to effectively motivate/manage and to get the best out of any one individual player....which would indicate that Scott is not one of the better coaches.

Last edited by SIT_GOODWIN_SIT! on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
revoldas
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
revoldas wrote:

Just like Kobe, Scott respects people who leave it all on the floor; give maximum effort and HATE losing.

While that may describe several players, the way they SHOW it depends on personality. Kobe and Price have a personality that shows chippiness and grit. They brood. You can sense the seething anger. You can see focus in their eyes.

Guys like Lin, Booz, etc... may be extremely competitive and hate losing. They may work hard. But their personalities are more subdued. It doesn't make you uncomfortable being around them when they're upset. You dont feel it as much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Scott interprets that as a lack of desire,... a lack of fire.

Well then that is just... I'm trying to think of a word other than stupid.

Personality or spirit or killer instinct or whatever you want to call it, those are important in competitive sport I agree, but not as much as talent or ability. I mean I can be 100x as tough or as driven or as hunger for a win than LeBron, but that doesn't mean coach should put me in and leave Lebron on the bench. Ok that may sounds a bit extreme but you get the point. Those things seperate players apart ONLY when the 2 players are more or less on the same level. As far as current stats goes, Price and Lin are not on the same level.

And really, why do those things matter now anyway? Unless we really see winning more games as first priority, which IMO is pointless. I would much rather use all rest of the games developing young players, show case possible assets, as well as preserve Kobe. Not to mention in the end with BS goes with "chippiness and grit" we still end up loosing anyway.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
revoldas wrote:

you're totally right and it's stupid. this is what bad coaches do. they want everyone to be like them. byron, lest you forget, you wouldn't be anywhere near where you are now without magic.

good coaches know their players and figure out ways to help them play together as a cohesive unit despite different personalities. and it's absolutely stunted to favor one player over another just because they differ in personality and express their frustrations differently.

if this is the case, then lin needs to get a tat, scowl all game, and swear like a sailor whenever they're losing?

at this level, they're all competitive and hate to lose. especially undrafted guys that have had to play their way into the league, such as jeremy, price, and black.
xiaozhugong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
revoldas wrote:

you're totally right and it's stupid. this is what bad coaches do. they want everyone to be like them. byron, lest you forget, you wouldn't be anywhere near where you are now without magic.

good coaches know their players and figure out ways to help them play together as a cohesive unit despite different personalities. and it's absolutely stunted to favor one player over another just because they differ in personality and express their frustrations differently.

if this is the case, then lin needs to get a tat, scowl all game, and swear like a sailor whenever they're losing?

at this level, they're all competitive and hate to lose. especially undrafted guys that have had to play their way into the league, such as jeremy, price, and black.

Good post, totally agree.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
summerly wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:

He should calm it down on that fastbreak play and wait for his teammate if he cannot get into the paint for the layup. Trying too hard on that play.

Another turnover was he dribble to the paint and pass the ball to Davis who is in a bad position.

I don't mind his TOs. Had a travel where he wanted to aggressively drive to the rim and he was trying to get the ball to Davis and I think the defensive guy made a good play. The only one I didn't like was the getting stripped but Lin had 4 steals, so in a way they cancel out the TOs.

Lin played well in the first half, not the second. And he took only 4 shots? Lin has to shoot more than 4 shots.

Good points. This is the kind of stuff I like to point out when I use the baseball adage "statisitics are for losers". Just and overly looking at the box scores is pointless. Also, I like most people on this forum like Ronnie Price. Its just that when I watch him play, his offense is attrocious and his over hyped defense is okay but certainly NOTHING to write about.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject:

revoldas wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
revoldas wrote:

Well then that is just... I'm trying to think of a word other than stupid.

Personality or spirit or killer instinct or whatever you want to call it, those are important in competitive sport I agree, but not as much as talent or ability. I mean I can be 100x as tough or as driven or as hunger for a win than LeBron, but that doesn't mean coach should put me in and leave Lebron on the bench. Ok that may sounds a bit extreme but you get the point. Those things seperate players apart ONLY when the 2 players are more or less on the same level. As far as current stats goes, Price and Lin are not on the same level.

And really, why do those things matter now anyway? Unless we really see winning more games as first priority, which IMO is pointless. I would much rather use all rest of the games developing young players, show case possible assets, as well as preserve Kobe. Not to mention in the end with BS goes with "chippiness and grit" we still end up loosing anyway.

I also get tired of hearing coaches blather "effort effort effort". Of course effort is needed but the truth is at playoff time ALL players are at maximum effort so its talent and coaching strategies that win.
mdrlakers
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:

SIT_GOODWIN_SIT! wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

What you say is rather interesting. It is reminiscent of some folks in a gym. From afar, you might notice one guy that is very expressive and another that seems rather quiet. But upon closer inspection:

1) The expressive guy may be grunting and squealing as if he wants everyone to know that he is about to unload a massive deuce/dump or something. However, still difficult to discern whether or not he is truly giving maximum effort.

2) On the other hand, the only tell tale sign with the quiet guy might be veins popping out of his head and looking like he is about to blow a jugular.

Your references reminded me of James Thompson vs Alexander Emelianenko from the good old Pride:
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject:

mdrlakers wrote:
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT! wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Your references reminded me of James Thompson vs Alexander Emelianenko from the good old Pride:

Oh Yah!.. I liked the Fedor sighting as well who also did not seem all that excited...
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
revoldas wrote:

This "hate losing" argument is moronic. More proof of how bad BS is with bb strategy and bb people. "I'm sure Lin and Boozer love losing" (sarcasm). How does shooting 2-19 translate into hating losing? If a player hates losing so much they do what is best for their team, not their hero ball.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:
maomao wrote:
Slicer wrote:

that would get him pulled faster. lin only took one shot in the second half. as someone posted earlier, the pg position took the least shots today, that seem to be scott's wonderful offensive schemes

At what point is Byron going to realize Young going ISO ruins the balance of the offense. Young should never be allowed to dribble dribble dribble and chuck. That's downright school yard crap. Yet Byron still allows Nick to do that crap.

Trying to create something out of nothing is ABSOLUTELY the worst possible strategy. How many games have the Lakers lost on account of NY and Kobe getting nothing from nothing? Team ball, passing, moving without the ball--coaching stuff--is how to win. Calling TOs when needed. Pulling guys like NY and Kobe when they are tanking the game with their excessive and bad ISO hero ball. Mixing rotations so we see some Lin-Kobe, Lin-Davis, Hill-Boozer-Davis.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
summerly wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:

this is the thing that annoys me... basically Lin had a very controlled game, and still end up three TOs ...

Talk to the coach. Have you seen how oten Lin is alone beyond the arc waving his hands while someone will "make their own" miss? Lin is a smaert player. He's know if he does a catch and shoot it is higher percentage than trying to make his own shot. The coach needs to do more than "we need more effort guys".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26
Jump to: