LAKERS -at- SPURS - 1-23-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Thanks DB!

The only way I can remotely make sense of the Scott quote is that:

1. He wanted to start Clarkson in front of his family
2. He already knew what Lin can do on the 2nd unit
3. He wanted to find out how Price does on the 2nd unit

It didn't look like Scott was playing to win at all. Once Kobe went down he went from doggedly sticking with his guys to totally experimenting out of the box. Let's start all the previous DNP's.
Fascinating that many wanted changes faster and when he changes, he is criticized

On just one game, he decided to change everything. Having JLin leading the 2nd unit is not change.

Clarkson did not make many bad mistakes and if he had a 1 on 4 break, he was not out of control.

JLin aeemingly most of the time just initiates the James Worthy "windshield wiper" motion that does nothing. People have complained that the P&R opportunities greatly decreased yet that was not seen with the others.

What is disappointing is that JLin has shown tempting glimpses of what he can do. It makes one wonder.

Since we have no legitimate low post threat(s), the paint is open and we need somebody to collapse the D.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
tlim wrote:
Maybe trying to showcase those guys as much as possible for a trade for picks? Albeit, not great picks, but for picks that could become serviceable in the long run?
All these players are auditioning for jobs next season, whether it is with the Lakers or some other team

It is great that Clarkson has been able to place constant pressure on offense by coming in with pace, keeping one's dribble to find an opening, aggressive with every move, passing to shooters, playing goodmD
and being a triple threat that the Lakers have been looking for

Basically what Lin has done often. If Clarkson starts more games, he'll be up and down too. I like what Clarkson did yesterday, but let's see more.

And of course you'll have a justification for playing Price and not playing Lin.

Lol i like how he basically describes how Lin plays. I heard Dave Miller last night say how Clarkson keeps the defense on their toes when he gets the ball and goes 1 on 4, but when it's Lin hes out of control.

So many reasons why BS is a very bad coach. Its great in some ways that JC had the start in front of his home crowd. Does BS EVER look at tape in which case he'd have know that Lin has always played Parker well? Of course Clarkson never had to start with Kobe cause then he would handed the ball off to Kobe and never seen it again. The brilliant thing to have done IMHO was start Clarkson in front of his home crowd, alongside Lin. Then BS might have had a great look. It kills me to see smart creative coaches like Jeff Hornacek play 3 guards, manage minutes and rotations. EVERYONE but BS saw Lin building chemistry with Davis.
JLin has shown many times he is capable of playing 1 or 2 guard. Actually I think he had his triple double off the bench with Houston when much of the time he was paired with Patrick Beverly who is not a good PG at all but a decent spot up 3 pt shooter. Being forced to slow his game down to play with Kobe hurt the team. As with the Kobe Lakers, the Harden-McHale Rockets do not use a PG. Even Nash before he was hurt said he had to get used to fewer assists and less time with the ball playing with Bryant and that was under D'Antoni. How often have we seen Lin, a career 36-37 3 shooter waving futility at the arc? Yet Price, a career 30 percent and not improving, bricking 3s yet in at the end of close games. I don't get it any more than I get starting Sacre? What differenct did BS expect? Playing Boozer, there has to be someone else in the league, even though he continues to kill rallies with his lazy push in the back fouls. The list is so long.
sensitiveskin
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Does anybody think BS has outcoached anybody a single time this year?

While we might chalk up all the losses behind a lack of talent, I haven't seen a notion of a strategy, on offense or defense? It seems like we live and die whether we can hit outside shots or not.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
tlim wrote:
Maybe trying to showcase those guys as much as possible for a trade for picks? Albeit, not great picks, but for picks that could become serviceable in the long run?
All these players are auditioning for jobs next season, whether it is with the Lakers or some other team

It is great that Clarkson has been able to place constant pressure on offense by coming in with pace, keeping one's dribble to find an opening, aggressive with every move, passing to shooters, playing goodmD
Basically what Lin has done often. If Clarkson starts more games, he'll be up and down too. I like what Clarkson did yesterday, but let's see more.

And of course you'll have a justification for playing Price and not playing Lin.
Lol i like how he basically describes how Lin plays. I heard Dave Miller last night say how Clarkson keeps the defense on their toes when he gets the ball and goes 1 on 4, but when it's Lin hes out of control.
So many reasons why BS is a very bad coach. Its great in some ways that JC had the start in front of his home crowd. Does BS EVER look at tape in which case he'd have know that Lin has always played Parker well?

Of course Clarkson never had to start with Kobe cause then he would handed the ball off to Kobe and never seen it again. The brilliant thing to have done IMHO was start Clarkson in front of his home crowd, alongside Lin. Then BS might have had a great look.

It kills me to see smart creative coaches like Jeff Hornacek play 3 guards, manage minutes and rotations. EVERYONE but BS saw Lin building chemistry with Davis.

JLin has shown many times he is capable of playing 1 or 2 guard. Actually I think he had his triple double off the bench with Houston when much of the time he was paired with Patrick Beverly who is not a good PG at all but a decent spot up 3 pt shooter.

Being forced to slow his game down to play with Kobe hurt the team. As with the Kobe Lakers, the Harden-McHale Rockets do not use a PG. Even Nash before he was hurt said he had to get used to fewer assists and less time with the ball playing with Bryant and that was under D'Antoni.

How often have we seen Lin, a career 36-37 3 shooter waving futility at the arc? Yet Price, a career 30 percent and not improving, bricking 3s yet in at the end of close games. I don't get it any more than I get starting Sacre? What differenct did BS expect?

Playing Boozer, there has to be someone else in the league, even though he continues to kill rallies with his lazy push in the back fouls. The list is so long.
Glad that somebody picked up that Clarkson was doing what they hope JLin would have done.

Thank you for sharing one reason why BScott had JLin lead the 2nd unit - no Kobe and more space. Davis needed to be a starter to get noards while it was hoped that JLin would recapture his confidence playing against the opposing team's bench.

If JLin had a dependable outside shot, he would still be playing for the Rockets
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
catman2u wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
tlim wrote:

So many reasons why BS is a very bad coach. Its great in some ways that JC had the start in front of his home crowd. Does BS EVER look at tape in which case he'd have know that Lin has always played Parker well?

Of course Clarkson never had to start with Kobe cause then he would handed the ball off to Kobe and never seen it again. The brilliant thing to have done IMHO was start Clarkson in front of his home crowd, alongside Lin. Then BS might have had a great look.

It kills me to see smart creative coaches like Jeff Hornacek play 3 guards, manage minutes and rotations. EVERYONE but BS saw Lin building chemistry with Davis.

JLin has shown many times he is capable of playing 1 or 2 guard. Actually I think he had his triple double off the bench with Houston when much of the time he was paired with Patrick Beverly who is not a good PG at all but a decent spot up 3 pt shooter.

Being forced to slow his game down to play with Kobe hurt the team. As with the Kobe Lakers, the Harden-McHale Rockets do not use a PG. Even Nash before he was hurt said he had to get used to fewer assists and less time with the ball playing with Bryant and that was under D'Antoni.

How often have we seen Lin, a career 36-37 3 shooter waving futility at the arc? Yet Price, a career 30 percent and not improving, bricking 3s yet in at the end of close games. I don't get it any more than I get starting Sacre? What differenct did BS expect?

Playing Boozer, there has to be someone else in the league, even though he continues to kill rallies with his lazy push in the back fouls. The list is so long.
Glad that somebody picked up that Clarkson was doing what they hope JLin would have done.

Thank you for sharing one reason why BScott had JLin lead the 2nd unit - no Kobe and more space. Davis needed to be a starter to get noards while it was hoped that JLin would recapture his confidence playing against the opposing team's bench.

If JLin had a dependable outside shot, he would still be playing for the Rockets

What did Clarkson do that Lin hasn't done?
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
catman2u wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
tlim wrote:

what do you know about the rockets? really? you didn't even know that they would trade lin no matter what because lin is not as good as chris bosh that they were trying to sign for max. please check the facts before posting.

unless you're saying Jlin is a max player if he had a dependable outside shot
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:36 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
catman2u wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
tlim wrote:

what do you know about the rockets? really? you didn't even know that they would trade lin no matter what because lin is not as good as chris bosh that they were trying to sign for max. please check the facts before posting.

I am sure that you know that JLin lost his job to Beverly hence making him the odd man out.

Everybody knows that he has a "Poison Pill" in his contract that made it easier.

If JLin had a dependable outside shot and was still able to close at the hoop - let's check what the salaries are for PGs that can do that like Lillard, Tony Parker, Bledsoe, Jennings, Rondo (who doesn't have a good outside shot), Conley, Wall, Rubio (who does not have a dependable outside shot, Lawson, etc) and other superstars - would these players get traded?
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
catman2u wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
tlim wrote:

I am sure that you know that JLin lost his job to Beverly hence making him the odd man out.

Everybody knows that he has a "Poison Pill" in his contract that made it easier.

If JLin had a dependable outside shot and was still able to close at the hoop - let's check what the salaries are for PGs that can do that like Lillard, Tony Parker, Bledsoe, Jennings, Rondo (who doesn't have a good outside shot), Conley, Wall, Rubio (who does not have a dependable outside shot, Lawson, etc) and other superstars - would these players get traded?

JLin shot 37 last year, as good as any one on the Rockets. Beverly so far is having a career year shooting 39 a career hight. Harden plays PG so they didn't really need a true PG. The Lakers can use a driving guard of which Lin has been successful and of course p&r of which BS has refused to every let Lin and Davis have more than a few opportunities. Even when Kobe had his 17 assists, most early on until the other team changed their D, they were to Hill and Boozer from long range 2, the famous 2's that BS said early on could win a championship. How's that going so far BS?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
catman2u wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
tlim wrote:

JLin shot 37 last year, as good as any one on the Rockets. Beverly so far is having a career year shooting 39 a career hight. Harden plays PG so they didn't really need a true PG. The Lakers can use a driving guard of which Lin has been successful and of course p&r of which BS has refused to every let Lin and Davis have more than a few opportunities. Even when Kobe had his 17 assists, most early on until the other team changed their D, they were to Hill and Boozer from long range 2, the famous 2's that BS said early on could win a championship. How's that going so far BS?
JLin has not been consistently been a "driving guard" and P&R can be called at any time since BScott does not micromanage the game. BScott prefers JHill to be much closer to the paint since he is often playing the 5. Boozer usually does not take Long 2s since he is either at the high post or low block.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
catman2u wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
catman2u wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
tlim wrote:

JLin has not been consistently been a "driving guard" and P&R can be called at any time since BScott does not micromanage the game. BScott prefers JHill to be much closer to the paint since he is often playing the 5. Boozer usually does not take Long 2s since he is either at the high post or low block.

Semantics whether they are long or mid range 2s. They are losers choices and that is the coaching strategy. Hill and Boozer are hitting and for a while the Lakers actually look good BUT since it is a losing strategy the other teams adjusts and its game over. At least if the guards and big men attacked the basket and/or were moving toward the basket for easier, higher percentage buckets it would force the D to collapse a bit allowing for a kickout to an Ellington who is a good 3 shooter or Swaggy who can be great but now when he's always playing Kobe ball.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
maomao wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
catman2u wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
tlim wrote:

can you please do more research before posting? lin came off the bench but he still plays close to 30 minutes and closes games in the playoffs along side harden and bev. do you know what odd man out means? lin hasn't been the odd man old since lisanity, that's until the last game, where the los angeles lakers purposely tank a game.

it seems like the things you claims "every body knows" aren't true, please do more research before posting.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: