Brandon Jennings carted off in a wheelchair

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Brandon Jennings carted off in a wheelchair

Achilles?

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject:

No... he was having a breakout year and looked to finally figure it out. Averaging 21/7 during this entire 22 game run by the Pistons.

It's devastating if is an a chillies injury. I really REALLY hope it isn't.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject:

It looked like an achilles to me. The way he planted back and the foot stopped, and then snapped down farther. Doesn't look good. Hope its not that serious for him.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Ouch. Looks more like a broken ankle or shin than achilles to me, but who knows. Horrific injury either way.

Hopefully he can recover back to his current form whenever he does return.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Coach Stan Van Gundy said Brandon Jennings' foot injury "doesn't look good" and he will be out for the foreseeable future.
The Pistons will give him an MRI in the coming days to confirm the diagnosis. Looking at the circumstantial evidence, Jennings is likely out for the season with an Achilles tear. To be clear, that is still just an educated guess and it has not been confirmed. D.J. Augustin is going to pick up around 10 minutes per game and should be owned in all standard leagues. Spencer Dinwiddie will also play more. Hopefully, we're wrong on Jennings.

Source: Keith Langlois on Twitter Jan 24 - 10:09 PM
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Wish him nothing but the best. Never good, unless it's Paul Pierce. Brutal.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Seriously has anyone noticed more and more achilles injuries since Kobe's one? What the hell is going on?
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Seriously has anyone noticed more and more achilles injuries since Kobe's one? What the hell is going on?

Stupid new playing style - running up and down the court without having any skills. MDA we thank you for this!
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Sorry to hear this.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Stupid new playing style - running up and down the court without having any skills. MDA we thank you for this!

No. Just because you notice achilles injuries more doesn't mean they're more common now.

Anyway, it does look like an achilles injury for Jennings. Hope he recovers quickly.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

No. Just because you notice achilles injuries more doesn't mean they're more common now.

Anyway, it does look like an achilles injury for Jennings. Hope he recovers quickly.

From the quick search I found, from 1992 to 2012 there were 18 achilles injuries in the NBA, less than 1 per year. There were probably more though. Found that stat in this article: LINK

This season alone we've had Varejao, Xavier Henry, Pierre Jakson, and now probably Jennings. And I think that's it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

From the quick search I found, from 1992 to 2012 there were 18 achilles injuries in the NBA, less than 1 per year. There were probably more though. Found that stat in this article: LINK

This season alone we've had Varejao, Xavier Henry, Pierre Jakson, and now probably Jennings. And I think that's it.

I can understand why the numbers would go up..
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

I do as well.
cccplus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject:

he had under armour shoes just saying....
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

I do as well.

Byron Scott?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

I haven't, but I've noticed that almost every Achilles' injury, full/partial, looks the same. Usually on an attempted first step, guy then hobbles on one foot or falls down. The most recent footage I saw was Isiah Thomas' in 1994, iirc, it ended his career because he was already on the way to retirement that year anyway. He was being guarded by the rookie Penny Hardaway at the time, tried to drive on him, did that wince and started hobbling. The footage of his injury looked identical to Nique's. The list in the article includes Stanley Roberts. I have that game, it was against the Lakers. He fell down holding it a la Kobe. His was weight. Iirc, he injured the opposite Achilles to a lesser extent and came back from that one to rupture the other.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject:

Too bad. He was finally coming into his own.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

Injuries suck.
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

I'd deal Lin for an injured Jennings...maybe throw in Hill also to include Monroe.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

RMurphy_22 wrote:
I'd deal Lin for an injured Jennings...maybe throw in Hill also to include Monroe.

and Sacre for Drummond and i'd consider it.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Brandon Jennings (Achilles) will miss the remainder of the season with a torn Achilles, and he's targeting a return to the court in 6-9 months.
This is a tough blow for the Pistons, and we wish Jennings a speedy recovery. D.J. Augustin becomes a must-own guy with Jennings unavailable for the rest of the season, and Spencer Dinwiddie will also enter the rotation as the primary reserve off the bench. I
Source: Brandon Jennings on Twitter Jan 25 - 2:33 PM
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject:

KobeMania wrote:
Quote:
Brandon Jennings (Achilles) will miss the remainder of the season with a torn Achilles, and he's targeting a return to the court in 6-9 months.
This is a tough blow for the Pistons, and we wish Jennings a speedy recovery. D.J. Augustin becomes a must-own guy with Jennings unavailable for the rest of the season, and Spencer Dinwiddie will also enter the rotation as the primary reserve off the bench. I
Source: Brandon Jennings on Twitter Jan 25 - 2:33 PM

That sucks
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

KobeMania wrote:
kikanga wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

I do as well.

Byron Scott?

Vitti.
He has secret sleeper cells planted in multiple teams training staff.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

This only supports what I was saying back when Kobe suffered that injury.

Mike D'Antoni was being blamed for "playing him too much"

Brandon Jennings wasn't playing heavy minutes, is like 10 years younger than Kobe Bryant, and basically tore it off of a non-contact move.

That sucks for a surging Detroit Pistons team though. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery and Detroit will continue the upward trend next season.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Can Josh Smith's absence step in and play PG?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: