OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 324, 325, 326 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:
The Lakers know what Lin can do. They would love to have him as a backup PG at a cap friendly price.

But they have their sights on another starting PG.

Anyone specifically?

I bet it starts with the letter "R"... followed by "ondo".

I was afraid of that.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:
The Lakers know what Lin can do. They would love to have him as a backup PG at a cap friendly price.

But they have their sights on another starting PG.

Anyone specifically?

I bet it starts with the letter "R"... followed by "ondo".

Much rather have Dragic.
hitmantb
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject:

Jeremy Lin's agent just posted the "it is time for Linsanity" article on his official site:

http://www.jlin7.com/blogs/news/16875688-its-time-for-the-lakers-to-turn-to-jeremy-lin

I still believe Lin loves LA/California more than any other area.

If he is actually allowed to play his game, he will stay even if he is a bench player, as long as he is still a key rotational player. His stats are ruined anyway and no one will offer him a starting role with Goran Dragic, Reggie Jackson on the market.
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

i dont think BS will let Linsanity commence. It'll expose him and he'll look really bad. esp with his snakehead references.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

I hope BS and Lin can work it out. I think we will get a new starting PG but I would love to keep Lin as back up PG... unless Lakers has Clarkson pencil in for the back up spot
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject:

Lakerbull wrote:
i dont think BS will let Linsanity commence. It'll expose him and he'll look really bad. esp with his snakehead references.

Be honest, BS already looks very bad can't be worse. And he need to gain some for keep his job.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I hope BS and Lin can work it out. I think we will get a new starting PG but I would love to keep Lin as back up PG... unless Lakers has Clarkson pencil in for the back up spot

I wouldn't mind re-signing Lin for 3-4 M to be our backup PG next season. Hopefully we draft a starting PG like Russell or sign either Dragic or Knight.

I think Clarkson is better suited to play SG and backup Kobe next season. Then when he retires he might be ready enough to take over the starting job.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

Lakerbull wrote:

If anything close to Linsanity happened things would be so hype that nobody would care about the past.

Sure, they may focus on Scott's other issues, but the Price thing wont be a big deal.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
governator wrote:

I wouldn't mind re-signing Lin for 3-4 M to be our backup PG next season. Hopefully we draft a starting PG like Russell or sign either Dragic or Knight.

I think Clarkson is better suited to play SG and backup Kobe next season. Then when he retires he might be ready enough to take over the starting job.

I can see Clarkson being the combo guard like Westbrook. Lin will have other suitors this summer besides us
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject:

hitmantb wrote:
Jeremy Lin's agent just posted the "it is time for Linsanity" article on his official site:

http://www.jlin7.com/blogs/news/16875688-its-time-for-the-lakers-to-turn-to-jeremy-lin

I still believe Lin loves LA/California more than any other area.

If he is actually allowed to play his game, he will stay even if he is a bench player, as long as he is still a key rotational player. His stats are ruined anyway and no one will offer him a starting role with Goran Dragic, Reggie Jackson on the market.

Reggie Jackson is yet to prove himself a good starter though.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
governator wrote:

Lin's stat this year are still much better than what Livingston had last year and he will be 3 yrs younger. Look how much Livingston is earning from the Warriors this year.

Team 2014-15 2015-16 2016-17
Golden State Warriors $5,305,000 $5,543,725 $5,782,450

Lin = 7 ~ 8 M
purple.23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

I don't see Lin coming back - why go thru this crap again? The team probably won't offer a deal anyway.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

purple.23 wrote:
I don't see Lin coming back - why go thru this crap again? The team probably won't offer a deal anyway.

Nope
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

Pretty sure the team will offer a deal.

I also think that it's going to be around $6-$8 mil a yr because that's the going rate for someone with his skill set and talent.

Lin isn't really that different than Dragic was 3 yrs ago. I think many GMs (including Mitch) see this.

Mitch knows that Lin has been jerked around this yr, and the Lakers will make a fair offer to him and will talk to him about how things will be tough in the short term, but the Lakers will be good for him, his growth, and his brand in the long term.

I don't think that Byron Scott will mess with Lin's head too much longer. It was an experiment to see how he responds to certain things. They wanted to see if there was an Alpha Dog in him or not. Will he fight for what he wants?

Price is just a tool being used to figure that out.
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Lin is gonna get traded. I don't think the Lakers are that dumb to make the same mistake they did with Pau. There's no reason not to play Lin at this point, they need to maximize his trade value. I think we're going to see a lot of Lin PnR's from now on.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

I also think that it's going to be around $6-$8 mil a yr because that's the going rate for someone with his skill set and talent.

Lin isn't really that different than Dragic was 3 yrs ago. I think many GMs (including Mitch) see this.

Mitch knows that Lin has been jerked around this yr, and the Lakers will make a fair offer to him and will talk to him about how things will be tough in the short term, but the Lakers will be good for him, his growth, and his brand in the long term.

I don't think that Byron Scott will mess with Lin's head too much longer. It was an experiment to see how he responds to certain things. They wanted to see if there was an Alpha Dog in him or not. Will he fight for what he wants?

That's a lot of mind games. Even Phil wouldn't go so far.

Lin is done with the Lakers. He's not going to tolerate another year of BS and no Kobe at practices.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:
Lin is gonna get traded. I don't think the Lakers are that dumb to make the same mistake they did with Pau. There's no reason not to play Lin at this point, they need to maximize his trade value. I think we're going to see a lot of Lin PnR's from now on.

Lin won't get traded because his salary is still too much ($15M w/$8M cap space hit) for a back-up PG. If teams really want Lin, they'll just wait till the end of the season, similar to Pau.
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

That's a lot of mind games. Even Phil wouldn't go so far.

Lin is done with the Lakers. He's not going to tolerate another year of BS and no Kobe at practices.

lmao that's all speculation.
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:

Lin won't get traded because his salary is still too much ($15M w/$8M cap space hit) for a back-up PG. If teams really want Lin, they'll just wait till the end of the season, similar to Pau.

Hill has 9 mil cap hit. If we can trade hill, we can trade lin
philnyc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
Lakerbull wrote:

Be honest, BS already looks very bad can't be worse. And he need to gain some for keep his job.

I think BS would *love* to take credit for reviving Linsanity...but I'm not convinced he knows how to do it...
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:

Some team will take him and he's an expiring contract. Besides, they'll only be paying 7-8M of that 15M anyways. Half the season's already gone.
philnyc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:

Nobody cares about the salary for an expiring contract. The question is who would they have to give up to match salaries and would the Lakers want them?
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

philnyc wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:

Nobody cares about the salary for an expiring contract. The question is who would they have to give up to match salaries and would the Lakers want them?

That's the tricky part, and that's why I think the Lakers might just eat his salary and let him walk unless they can get a 1st round pick...which at this point is unlikely with the way BS is utilizing him.
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Ummm...Hey, how about you let everyone know what you REALLY think about poor Ronnie Price?

I'm not entirely sold on Dragic as some possible default panacea. Furthermore, let's start with the assumption that he will command more dollars vs. Lin. Given the choice, I would not be surprised if the Lakers organization would rather pay a little more to sign Lin (if he asks for a reasonable amount more) vs. having to pay Dragic what he thinks he deserves. Like it or not, in all bumbling glory, Lin does generate a certain level of whacky excitement when he does well.

The narratives that include statements such as "Lin is who he is", "at best a back up", etc., are also interesting. The reality is, there is no definitive way to know for sure at this point other than knowing that he isn't on one end of the spectrum or the other. But then again, a similar prognosis could apply for someone like Dragic. Heck, I would not be surprised if the Lakers org is spending parts of their day pondering the very same questions....that is, not exactly knowing how to properly view Lin 1 year from now, 2 years from now, and so on (vs. the "Lin is who he is" type of sentiment).
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:

So let me get this straight... the team is going to run more PNRs to showcase Lin for a trade?

But what happens if by chance, the team actually starts winning more games as a result of the shifts in strategies? In other words, how do you simultaneously ensure that the team keeps tanking? That would be interesting.

Also, what if in all this Lin actually starts to look significantly better? Does he keep going pegged as a "back up?" Gosh darn it, what is the benchmark where he stops garnering the "back up" stigma or does that realm even exist in the eyes of some folks?

Last edited by SIT_GOODWIN_SIT! on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 324, 325, 326 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 325 of 503
Jump to: