Article (Shelburne): Lakers can Finally Stop Pretending
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

The article is worthless. Of course we should play Clarkson and some of the younger guys, so we can tank and get a good pick. That's what we've been doing anyway.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
The article is worthless. Of course we should play Clarkson and some of the younger guys, so we can tank and get a good pick. That's what we've been doing anyway.

As if we would have sacrificed any wins in the first place by doing so. Now on the other hand, putting Kelly at 3 and Sacre at 5, is tank-tastic.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

Does Ramona ever write anything worth reading?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject:

I'll stop pretending. I got dyslexic when I rushed and typed a 'j' where a 'g' should have been. I figured my username would be good for a couple dozen posts, max, and I was in too much of a hurry to care. That's all. It wasn't some clever combination of "maji" and "Magic"... I was living in denial, and I've come to grips with the truth. (tmi?) So cathartic. I've stopped pretending. I screwed up. Now I feel better. I'm glad I caught on before too much time slipped by, and before anyone noticed. Just like the Lakers.

We should all stop pretending. Let's take a deep breath and...

Better yet, I think I'll skip reading any articles about the Lakers 'not pretending' anymore.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I am not sure what they are pretending to do?

Ramona has to keep up the facade that tanking wasn't the plan all along.

I don't think it was. A lot of people thought this team could get into the playoffs and anything is possible after that. I think most people knew a championship was nearly impossible this year but the espn predictions and vegas lines of 30 something wins offended a lot of people.

If tanking was the plan, he didnt need to play Kobe so much. He didnt need to change lineups when they were losing almost every game. I honestly don't think Byron had the guts to try to sell Kobe on a tanking idea. I think everything Byron did this year was to try to let Kobe be Kobe and ensuring that the season was individually satisfying enough for Kobe to continue playing beyond this season.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Anybody who thought this team was going anywhere should have their heads examined. This season was over before it even started, and now all of a sudden Ramona decides to write an article as if it's BREAKING NEWS. The FO failed to get anybody in Free Agency, invested all their time doing so, and in the end had to grab washed-up players that no other team wanted just to fill out the roster. You can go down to Venice Beach on Sunday and watch a better team play ball than what we have on the court right now!
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject:

2012-2013=Damn Mike Dantony, he ran Kobe into the ground
2013-2014=Why is Mike Dantony still coaching, he ran Kobe into the ground
2014-2015=Damn Byron Scott, he ran Kobe into the ground

See a pattern?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't think it was. A lot of people thought this team could get into the playoffs and anything is possible after that. I think most people knew a championship was nearly impossible this year but the espn predictions and vegas lines of 30 something wins offended a lot of people.

If tanking was the plan, he didnt need to play Kobe so much. He didnt need to change lineups when they were losing almost every game. I honestly don't think Byron had the guts to try to sell Kobe on a tanking idea. I think everything Byron did this year was to try to let Kobe be Kobe and ensuring that the season was individually satisfying enough for Kobe to continue playing beyond this season.

Maybe, but we're blatant homers, so of course we'd be mad at an ESPN projection. Byron played Kobe because he wants to keep his job.

If our FO thought we had a chance in the West, that's a problem in and of itself. The homer in me thought we could win 40, but that doesn't mean that that was ever true. Even with Randle this roster's talent resided mostly in one 36 year old injury prone vet.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Shelburne was ESPN's check-the-box female hire and it clearly shows.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
Shelburne was ESPN's check-the-box female hire and it clearly shows.

Guess someone had to go there
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't think it was. .

I don't think it was either. The Lakers first goal was to land a top free agent. When that didn't happen, they put together the best team they could without committing themselves beyond this year.
png
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Did the Buss' sell?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't think it was the plan all along, I think it was just one possibility with the way they constructed the roster. If things had broke for the positive, I think 40 wins would have been the alternative.

I think she was referring to Scott pretending to be a coach.
but she was spot on... from trying to see what Lin can do to Clarkson having significant minutes...

IMO, I'd emphasize on what she wrote about Lin... we need to see what Lin can do before the end of the year to see how much he is really worth. giving him sporadic minutes in a nonsensical offense won't do the trick.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Anybody who thought this team was going anywhere should have their heads examined. This season was over before it even started, and now all of a sudden Ramona decides to write an article as if it's <b>BREAKING NEWS</b>. The FO failed to get anybody in Free Agency, invested all their time doing so, and in the end had to grab washed-up players that no other team wanted just to fill out the roster. You can go down to Venice Beach on Sunday and watch a better team play ball than what we have on the court right now!

well release everyone and we will all see which players are wanted and which are not by other teams. until then, you don't know squat.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Better than us being Pretenders and stuck in mediocrity, kind of being In the Middle of the Road.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

This should have been an article from LAST SEASON. The Lakers FO is lagging a few steps behind, as per the usual....
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject:

tonman wrote:
kwase wrote:
Anybody who thought this team was going anywhere should have their heads examined. This season was over before it even started, and now all of a sudden Ramona decides to write an article as if it's <b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b>. The FO failed to get anybody in Free Agency, invested all their time doing so, and in the end had to grab washed-up players that no other team wanted just to fill out the roster. You can go down to Venice Beach on Sunday and watch a better team play ball than what we have on the court right now!

well release everyone and we will all see which players are wanted and which are not by other teams. until then, you don't know squat.

How old are you? 12? You got a problem hearing the truth? Look, I know we stink and it's a tough pill to swallow, but I live in the real world where nothing is sugar-coated. You'll feel better once you come to terms with the fact that this team is garbage. We might not get 25 wins this season and I don't care how much I love the Lakers that's pathetic!
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

the wind has changed my friend. the Lakers front office is fully on board the rebuild train, the way they should be two seasons ago. no more of this lying to themselves Kobe still a top 5 player, no more of this laying to fanbase they're still aiming for a championship (sorry i had to throw up in my mouth a bit just from typing this), no more of this talk of how a proud franchise this is, no more. we should all embrace a full and complete rebuild from the ground up this point forward the way Celtics and Knicks fans are quietly doing.
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

As if we would have sacrificed any wins in the first place by doing so. Now on the other hand, putting Kelly at 3 and Sacre at 5, is tank-tastic.

Agreed. It's still possible to lose without becoming the Philadelphia 76ers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: