Anybody watch Empire KTTV
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Anybody watch Empire KTTV

It's a bit racy for regular TV. Had it been on cable it would have been rated
R. Fox is stepping up it game. First Agent Carter now Empire. I haven't watched Fox for some time. I watched both these shows.

Empire has a plot that leave it open for many character plot lines. It has interracial marriage, gay relations, murder and pits Taraji P Henson against Terrence Howard in a power struggle.

I'm going to auto tune the show. I wish it had started on cable.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

Stu Scott was talking about Terrence Howard when he said "As cool as the other side of the pillow."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Stu Scott was talking about Terrence Howard when he said "As cool as the other side of the pillow."

Yeah. When he shot his life time homie in the head for trying to shake him down he didn't even blink. Taraji P Henson dresses like a true diva. She fits the role.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Agent Carter is ABC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject:

pass, i watch too many shows as it is, and this one didnt do anything for me via commercials.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
pass, i watch too many shows as it is, and this one didnt do anything for me via commercials.

I know. If this had taken the Boardwalk Empire route it would have been a winner. IMO, poor choice of venues.

KTTV allowed much levity but cable would have allowed much more.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject:

Terrence Howard has shown another level of his acting ability. He's taken the play from Taraji P Henson. Tonight they cameo-ed Gladys Knight and Cuba Gooding Jr.

If this is going to be a ongoing series I don't know how they're going to keep Terrence Howard in the mix, he's suffering from a terminal illness.

The storyline is wide open for many displays. If the series shows promise and high audience participation I believe it's going to cable.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject:

^ I hope it does end up going to cable.

As for TH's character surviving, they could just keep the pacing slow or make up some stuff that he's actually fighting it better than they thought and has more time.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

As for TH's character surviving, they could just keep the pacing slow or make up some stuff that he's actually fighting it better than they thought and has more time.

Talking about raunchy. The way it's going on National TV it would be da bomb on cable.

I don't know if TPH would go all the way. She once bared her breast in Baby Boy so there's a chance.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Talking about raunchy. The way it's going on National TV it would be da bomb on cable.

I don't know if TPH would go all the way. She once bared her breast in Baby Boy so there's a chance.

Cinemax needs to pick it up so it can go the way of Banshee. Wouldn't mind if the evil white wife wanted to show some more of her talents

Anyways, they could even go 3 seasons before killing of TH and then it would be interesting seeing the family still fight over who got the company along with whatever else is going on. I'm sure TPH would be pitted against the son that got the nod from TH.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Cinemax needs to pick it up so it can go the way of Banshee. Wouldn't mind if the evil white wife wanted to show some more of her talents

Anyways, they could even go 3 seasons before killing of TH and then it would be interesting seeing the family still fight over who got the company along with whatever else is going on. I'm sure TPH would be pitted against the son that got the nod from TH.

I think it will be a fight between Lucious & Hakeem vs Cookie & Jamal.

Last episode ended with Jamal and Michael moving out of the apartment Lucious was paying for and Jamal saying he was going to take Empire from his father.

Andre's the one to watch. He's a snake and a cheat.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Andre and his wife both, definitely love to plot some evil schemes.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I'm kinda liking it but I'm not hopeful it will continue to deliver. Fox has really disappointed me recently. Obviously they bombed with Gotham but really it's because of Sleepy Hollow. After a fantastic first season, season 2 has been meh and it's showing in the ratings. We'll see.

Last edited by dmorans1 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
I'm kinda liking it but I'm not hopeful it will continue to deliver. Fox has really disappointed me recently. Obviously they bombed with Githam but really it's because of Sleepy Hollow. After a fantastic first season, season 2 has been meh and it's showing in the ratings. We'll see.

I still like Gotham, but the problem is there's too big of a gap between what's going on now, and where all these characters should end up. I mean ideally you want to see Bruce Wayne grow up and transform into someone who is ready to be Batman. Same with the other well-known characters. We're years and years away from that happening and I doubt the show can sustain interest for that long.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

I have two shows auto tuned, Empire and Banshee. Both are open to so much mystery and wonder.

Who's going to end up with the company, Empire? What's going to happen when Hood is exposed, Banshee?All the character in the middle have interesting personalities. The rivers have many tributaries, all hold my interest.

Sex, violence, homosexuality. Man, what more is there to want?

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I have two shows auto tuned, Empire and Banshee. Both are open to so much mystery and wonder.

What Banshee is back?! Thanks for that info, I'm going to have to catch a few episodes now I see
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What Banshee is back?! Thanks for that info, I'm going to have to catch a few episodes now I see

Man, you definitely want to watch the last episode of Banshee. It was the most brutal episode I've ever seen on TV. I haven't actually turned away from a TV in quite some time. I don't watch all of the fight in the beginning of that episode when it's repeated.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject:

FOX is trying to do their thing especially with Gotham and Empire. Even Sleepy Hollow is decent.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
FOX is trying to do their thing especially with Gotham and Empire. Even Sleepy Hollow is decent.

Yeah. I posted awhile back Fox is trying to creep up on CBS2. The NCIS series is dominating prime time. ABC7 is making a run with shows like Agent Carter. I haven't watched Fox in years. Empire a good show if you like character diversity, sex, violence and homosexuality.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Last night's episode was great. This show just got A LOT better.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Cookie got her man, at least to bed. Is she going to keep him? I hope so.

She got street real talking to the investors. Made me mist and got their money. Got to Lucious too, got him in bed.

Jamal and Hakeem put their feud aside for a minute to make a record for Lucious. I don't think it's going to last.

Are they planning on a paternity test for Jamal's baby? His marriage was a surprise. Looks like he's getting a new man.

Andre is losing his cool. That was a surprise.

Nice to see Malik Yoba (Vernon Turner) on screen in a decent role.

Cookie is the soul, street element, in the series. Taraji plays it to the max. She's the Matt Damon (Jason Bourne.) She was great in Person Of Interest too. That series has lost it's appeal to me.

This series is wide open for drama.

Potato-Mania
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject:

The horrible promos for this show that Fox ran during football games made the show look horrible! Glad I decided to give it a go. I am hooked.
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject:

Potato-Mania wrote:
The horrible promos for this show that Fox ran during football games made the show look horrible! Glad I decided to give it a go. I am hooked.

Now I wonder if I should give it a shot. The promos didn't do anything for me either.

I'm not attempting to stir anything up here and this is a legit question but is the show catered towards black people? I see comments about it's soaring ratings (it's definitely insane how it keeps going up week after week) and people are mentioning that black people in general have been missing a show like this since UPN went off the air. Again, hoping I didn't accidentally step on anyone's toes here but what kind of show is this exactly and who is it suppose to appeal to?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't say it's made to appeal to black people. It just happens to have a black family as the main characters. I enjoy the show and I'm mexican whatever that means, lol. It's just a well acted, good drama tv series, IMO.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Nice to see Malik Yoba (Vernon Turner) on screen in a decent role.

Love that Malik Yoba is on TV again.

Man Taraji Henson just chews the hell out of every scene she is in, can't get enough of her.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: