Ellington's development as an all star 3 point shooter the silver lining of the season.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Wayne would be a solid SG backup next season. Good character, hard worker (I'm also a big UNC fan so there's that). I wouldn't put the price to be very high for him, somewhere above $2m.

That was also said about meeks, until somebody gave him that contract. Good for meeks but he's not in the same class as Crawford. If Ellington gets 15 ppg for the rest of the season, someone will give him the MLE and the Lakers won't make an offer and let him go like the farm club that they've become.

So the question is, Based on the price you want him for, do you want him to ball or be sporadic like he has been in his career.

Wayne has been pretty consistent year to year in his NBA career. On a per minute basis, he really has had little fluctuation in any major categories - shooting percentage, ppg, rpg, etc. But he's a one-trick pony who takes half his shots from 3-point range, so he's always going to have game-to-game fluctuations.

I don't see anybody giving him the MLE.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Ellington was huge again tonight
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

He had a great game . Took a lot of shoots but very efficient. Not sure about "all star 3 points shooter" though haha he was 1/6.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
pio2u wrote:

He had a great game . Took a lot of shoots but very efficient. Not sure about "all star 3 points shooter" though haha he was 1/6.

He will never be an all-star but he has become a valuable member of the bench.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject:

I absolutely LOATHED Wayne Ellington in the beginning of the season. It seemed (as bad as this sounds) that every time he was on the cusp of getting the boot.. something happened (his concussion and then unfortunate death of his father)

However, I'm glad he stuck around. I'd like to see him back with the Lakers next season.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject:

We should lock him up now rather than wait and let him get the rest of the season to inflate his salary. I really do think this guy is worth keeping around and he seems to find his way to the rim with a fair amount of ease.

I would rather have Ellington and find an all star starter that he can back up for next year or the following year if CAP does not allow it.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:
We should lock him up now rather than wait and let him get the rest of the season to inflate his salary. I really do think this guy is worth keeping around and he seems to find his way to the rim with a fair amount of ease.

I would rather have Ellington and find an all star starter that he can back up for next year or the following year if CAP does not allow it.

He's an unrestricted free agent, we have no Bird rights on him.

I think he's a candidate to get room exception money (around $3m).
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:

Ellington is going to space that floor. We need him next season as a viable role player and that 3 point threat. Think Ray Allen, Dennis Scott, with the ease to knock down that 3 and also the ability to get on the break and drive. Trading Nick Young is probably a priority right now. If we can shed Young we can give ellington a salary boost next season to make sure he comes back. Then we still have the 35 mill to sign two all stars next to kobe. Couple that with a healthy Randle, healthy kobe, and a top 5 pick next season we will be poised for a title run.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:

Ellington is going to space that floor. We need him next season as a viable role player and that 3 point threat. Think Ray Allen, Dennis Scott, with the ease to knock down that 3 and also the ability to get on the break and drive. Trading Nick Young is probably a priority right now. If we can shed Young we can give ellington a salary boost next season to make sure he comes back. Then we still have the 35 mill to sign two all stars next to kobe. Couple that with a healthy Randle, healthy kobe, and a top 5 pick next season we will be poised for a title run.

Title? What kind of title are you speaking about?
misterioso
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
lol this guy is the worst "pure shooter" in the league

Jimmer Fredette is upset that you've given his title to Ellington.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: