So, I've been thinking about next season...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donkeybong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: So, I've been thinking about next season...

And there is a little hope. I know a lot of "what ifs", but it's not completely out of the question.

Draft:
Trade Hill this year for a 1rst rounder.
Keep our top 5 pick (looking likely) and with a little luck get the #1 and draft Okafor.

Free agents:
Have a good amount coming off the books this summer. Maybe make a run at Leonard, Aldridge, Love, Rondo, Green, or Whiteside.

Own talent:
I like the idea of keeping Davis, Ellington, and Clarkson. Clarkson has really impressed me since getting the starting job for a bit. He looks like a completely different player since the start of the season and this dude is FAST. I mean Tony Parker fast. Can't wait to see what else he's capable of. Kobe is definitely coming back for one more year and if he plays like a playmaker, it's nothing but a positive for us. His defense is going to hurt a little, but he should make it up with his offense. Plus Randle coming back should be HUGE.

With a little luck and smart moves this summer, we can be in the playoff picture next year at least. Im hopeful and this is the first time in a while I've felt excited about the Lakers future.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Hill is not netting a first rounder.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject:

hill for jeremy lamb or perry jones
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject:

I like your optimism. My sentiments exactly. I realize in all likelihood it will take at least a couple of years to rebuild, but there are potentially great thing to look forward to in the somewhat near future. Then Kobe will come off the books soon after and we can welcome in a new era.

The hardest part is enduring through what we're seeing now, and then logging it all down for history to see. Pretty embarrassing.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject:

The lower we sink this season, the sweeter that title's going to be in 2019.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject:

ideal for me would be to sign dragic in the offseason, draft towns or stanley johnson and go into the season with a decent core. once kobe's off the books, make another move.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: