Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
Just got through browsing the Bucks forums on RealGM again. Take it for what it's worth but their fans are not high on Knight. They don't really care to extend him (max they want to do is $10M/yr). They'd rather see him gone or in a 6th man roll off the bench. They want Giannis more involved in running the O and more shots for Parker when he comes back. Supposedly he's been moved off ball in the 2nd half of the last couple games.

I hope their FO feels the same. I think he fits better in what we're trying to do. He's not a true PG at all, he's a combo guard like most others today. However I think he has enough laymaking to where he and Randle can run the O (as Randle develops). His sharpshooting will be valuable and he's still only 23 so his decision making has time to improve.

FWIW they are extremely high on Middleton and most want to extend him at $24M/3yrs.

I belive Middleton is eligible for the Arenas Rule.

If they don't want knight I'll gladly take him off their hands.

Agreed yinomes!

And @VLF he does. As does KJ McDaniels which you spotted earlier. GT and Mike [ at ] LG have been high on Middleton

I'm fine with Arenas ruling Middleton or McDaniels. Can McDaniels play the 3 at all?

How high/how many years would people go on Middleton?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Agreed yinomes!

And @VLF he does. As does KJ McDaniels which you spotted earlier. GT and Mike _at_ LG have been high on Middleton

I'm fine with Arenas ruling Middleton or McDaniels. Can McDaniels play the 3 at all?

I think KJ is a bit too small for the SF spot, but probably can play it due to his athleticism and toughness.

Thanks yinomes.

I wish he was big enough. We really need a starting caliber wing and wes is Mr. Inconsistent
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

Hehe Khris Middleton is probably one of the only players that is universally loved on LG
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
Just got through browsing the Bucks forums on RealGM again. Take it for what it's worth but their fans are not high on Knight. They don't really care to extend him (max they want to do is $10M/yr). They'd rather see him gone or in a 6th man roll off the bench. They want Giannis more involved in running the O and more shots for Parker when he comes back. Supposedly he's been moved off ball in the 2nd half of the last couple games.

I hope their FO feels the same. I think he fits better in what we're trying to do. He's not a true PG at all, he's a combo guard like most others today. However I think he has enough laymaking to where he and Randle can run the O (as Randle develops). His sharpshooting will be valuable and he's still only 23 so his decision making has time to improve.

FWIW they are extremely high on Middleton and most want to extend him at $24M/3yrs.

Agreed yinomes!

And @VLF he does. As does KJ McDaniels which you spotted earlier. GT and Mike @ LG have been high on Middleton

For me, I'm thinking MLE money around $6M. Idk if that'll be enough though. I'm curious how high others would go
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:

Agreed yinomes!

And @VLF he does. As does KJ McDaniels which you spotted earlier. GT and Mike [AT] LG have been high on Middleton

For me, I'm thinking MLE money around $6M. Idk if that'll be enough though. I'm curious how high others would go

You could put pressure on Milwaukee if you want to poach either Middleton or Knight.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject:

Marc Gasol
Deandre Jordan
Roy Hibbert
Robin Lopez
Omer Asik
Greg Monroe
Brook Lopez
Enes Kanter
Kosta Koufos

There's just so many good options at C this year in FA then it's ever been.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject:

And we're going to get Robin Lopez !!
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim, you may be right. But it's not like our cupboard is full of talented stars either. I think we are in uncertain times.

On the one hand, Lakers got Kobe trading a proven veteran.

On the other hand, Lakers do need to start winning now.

Which will they choose?

I think they will pick winning cause this is what the franchise is all about.

There is no kobe like talent coming in this draft...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Marc Gasol
Deandre Jordan
Roy Hibbert
Robin Lopez
Omer Asik
Greg Monroe
Brook Lopez
Enes Kanter
Kosta Koufos

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jordan Hill, "center."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim, you may be right. But it's not like our cupboard is full of talented stars either. I think we are in uncertain times.

Which will they choose?

And by trading for Boogie, you have Kobe/Boogie at around $40m, and not being precise, with other cap holds and contracts say we are around $50m. So about $16m to field a playoff team? How do we make the playoffs in 2015?

If we can't, why not use cap space, and develop 2 rookie studs, and then start making the playoff push in 2016?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Marc Gasol
Deandre Jordan
Roy Hibbert
Robin Lopez
Omer Asik
Greg Monroe
Brook Lopez
Enes Kanter
Kosta Koufos

Lakers will draft the best player available period.

They r not going to draft on need basis. This is the same team that draft Kobe when they already had eddie jones.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:

You could put pressure on Milwaukee if you want to poach either Middleton or Knight.

One of my (many) pipe scenarios includes making an offer to Knight and Arenas rule to Middleton on day 1 of FA. Just as a nice "welcome to the league" gesture to the new owners in Milwaukee lol. They'd likely match both or at least one. But they'd have to think long and hard about it haha
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Which will they choose?

And by trading for Boogie, you have Kobe/Boogie at around $40m, and not being precise, with other cap holds and contracts say we are around $50m. So about $16m to field a playoff team? How do we make the playoffs in 2015?

If we can't, why not use cap space, and develop 2 rookie studs, and then start making the playoff push in 2016?

Making playoff shouldnt be the goal. Having a star that csn attract max players in 2016(2 max) should be the goal.

U have Cousins/Randle and then 2 max guys.

Rome was not built in 1 day
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Which will they choose?

Making playoff shouldnt be the goal. Having a star that csn attract max players in 2016(2 max) should be the goal.

U have Cousins/Randle and then 2 max guys.

Rome was not built in 1 day

And who says having Towns/Randle at a total cost of under $8m isn't any better as a recruiting chip?

There is no right answer to this. Lakers have gone both ways with this. I like Boogie but not sure he strikes me as a kind of player that would recruit someone like Durant.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
I don't think we can count on Kobe playing a lot next year with his age and injuries, we're going to need a replacement at SG. Ellington isn't the answer either, he would be better off the bench. Jeremy Lamb has a lot of potential, not being used correctly in OKC. Brooks is just not a good coach, I think Lamb would be a really good fit with the Lakers. This would be a very athletic team next year and fun to watch.

Clarkson/Tyus Jones
Lamb/Young/Ellington
Stanley Johnson/Wes
Randle/Kelly
Deandre Jordan/Davis/Black

That team will be the worst team in the NBA.

No freaking way i m ready for another yr of sucking.

The FO knows that and will add players for long term.

Also i have no interest in signing Deandre Jordan
We're going to be a lottery team regardless of who we sign next year. It still would be fun to watch this young team develop. If we win 35+ games next year that's a step in the right direction.

The "low expectations" team. That isn't the Lakers style. There is no way they will go with a total youth movement, and they shouldn't. That isn't the way to build a consistent winner.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:

I think they would prefer a veteran over some 19 year old kid. And if they are lucky enough to get the number 1 pick, they just have a better chance of trading it for the guy they really want.

I think that chances are incredibly small, considering the team that has the player they want would have to play along. Chances are they would prefer to keep that player rather than trade him for a pick.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Depends on who we get. If kings decided to trade Cousins and wanted that 1/2 pick i would do that in a heartbeat.

Lakers r not going to wait for these picks to start contributing like we r 76ers and be OK with empty seats and earn off profit sharing/twc deal.

TWC deal is dependent on the tv ratings & the above team will have worst ever ratings

The FO will construct a team of vets and young players that can win 40 next season and be consistent for a decade. They won't go with the short term fix they tried with Nash and Howard, or the future dream concept that the 76ers are trying.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:

Agreed yinomes!

And @VLF he does. As does KJ McDaniels which you spotted earlier. GT and Mike [ at ] LG have been high on Middleton

Offer him 3 years, $6, $6 and $12.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
And we're going to get Robin Lopez !!

That works for me, especially if we draft a young center.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

I think they would prefer a veteran over some 19 year old kid. And if they are lucky enough to get the number 1 pick, they just have a better chance of trading it for the guy they really want.

I think that chances are incredibly small, considering the team that has the player they want would have to play along. Chances are they would prefer to keep that player rather than trade him for a pick.

Are you talking about how the Sonics preferred Ray Allen to the number 5 pick, or how Minnesota preferred Kevin Love to the 1st pick in the 2014 draft. Someone is ALWAYS on the market around the draft. No one saw Jrue Holiday getting traded in 2013.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Depends on who we get. If kings decided to trade Cousins and wanted that 1/2 pick i would do that in a heartbeat.

Lakers r not going to wait for these picks to start contributing like we r 76ers and be OK with empty seats and earn off profit sharing/twc deal.

TWC deal is dependent on the tv ratings & the above team will have worst ever ratings

The FO will construct a team of vets and young players that can win 40 next season and be consistent for a decade. They won't go with the short term fix they tried with Nash and Howard, or the future dream concept that the 76ers are trying.

Trading a pick for an established star in his mind 20's isn't a short term fix. The Lakers had Gasol for 7 years. The Celtics had Ray Allen for 5.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Trading a pick for an established star in his mind 20's isn't a short term fix. The Lakers had Gasol for 7 years. The Celtics had Ray Allen for 5.

Which 3 guys would be on your list to target who are in their mid-20s and likely available for trade?
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Which 3 guys would be on your list to target who are in their mid-20s and likely available for trade?

I think asking for a list of three guys is being unrealistic. Most guys in their mid 20's aren't on the block unless they are on a bad team (Love and Gasol), or getting ready for FA (Howard & Chris Paul).

If I would make a list, it would have two players on it. Russell Westbrook because the Thunder would have not won a title with him and Durant in 7 years, and DeMarcus Cousins because the Kings maybe looking to move off of him. Other than that, the Wizards are winning, so no John Wall and the Pacers probably want Paul George back because he is in the first year of his max & they value him as their leader. Plus George has actually lead the Pacers to the ECF.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

Are you talking about how the Sonics preferred Ray Allen to the number 5 pick, or how Minnesota preferred Kevin Love to the 1st pick in the 2014 draft. Someone is ALWAYS on the market around the draft. No one saw Jrue Holiday getting traded in 2013.

And if we traded the lottery pick for Jrue Holiday I would become a Clipper fan.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Who said go for short term fix? They will trade for a guy who is on rookie deal ready to explode like harden or a guy on his 1st major contract like cousins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 218 of 2526
Jump to: