Lakers Interested In Trading For Reggie Jackson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject:

gus26 wrote:
jeremy lin and ed davis for reggie jackson and perkins lets OKC avoid the tax, lets them get interior defense they lack from perkins and lets them get a back up pg for westbrook and a pg that can play off the ball to team better with waiters. the lakers get jackson their pg of the future and overall a much better talent than lin. they lose davis but the future for jackson is much brighter.

jordan hill and wesley johnson for chuck hayes and terrance ross and the knicks pick they have. toronto beefs up their front line to make a better run in the playoffs and gets a lot more out of jordan hill than anything chuck hayes has provided. Wesley johnson gives them very comparable numbers to what ross has given them, so they don't lose anything other than 4 yrs of youth, but given that they are trying to make a playoff run wesley at 27 and hill at 27 vs ross at 23 even with potential might make sense to pull the trigger.

these 2 moves give us jackson at 24 yrs old, ross at 23 and randle at 19 to start a true youth movement for the remainder of this season and doesn't kill our cap space moving forward to be able to fill out the rest of the roster.

since jackson has a cap friendly hold, we could offer deandre jordan close to max... and bring back some of the one year guys and sign some veterans to upgrade the talent

we make sure to take out jackson in the 4th quarter and we keep tanking and keep that top 5 pick...

jackson/
kobe/ young
ross
randle
jordan/ (top 5 pick)

I like the move with OKC. Lakers could even throw some cash to balance out Lin's huge salary.

Not sure Toronto would give up that much to be honest. Nice ideas.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Due to him being a RFA, if it were just a swap of ending contracts, then sure. Best case would be him working out, or a team like Cleveland recognizing that their PG is injury prone and they might be interested in him as a backup. Turn him around for a young player or future considerations. Worst case scenario is that he is an ending contract.

Yup. If he kills it in his 2 month audition (under difficult circumstances and a bad team), then great.

If he hits the middle ground, worth having a small cap hold while we figure out things in free agency.

I wouldn't throw any picks to OKC. Just expiring contracts. My bottom line, best offer to them would be:

Ed Davis/Wes Johnson for RJax, 2nd rounder.

Ed is self-explanatory.

Wes gives them some size on defense and is a better shooter than Anthony Roberson, whom teams will leave wide open (maybe Wes too ) in the playoffs.

Gives OKC more depth. Heck, throw in the Head of the Snake too as a backup hard-nosed PG too.

Only risks I can see with this are:

RJax plays well enough to ruin the tope 5 pick
Davis likes OKC so much he stays

Both are low risk. Not a bad scenario

Well, if RJax plays well then we have our future PG.

If that ruins the top 5 pick, we still have 3 shots in the lottery, and then get our 2016 pick without attachments. (I don't think he's enough to propel us to that many wins given the rest of our team..also, I would waive Boozer and trade off other pieces).

Re: Ed Davis, he's unrestricted so he can make that choice regardless of whether he serves his sentence in LA or on a possible playoff team like OKC.

What about that package but we include CHA and take their 1st and they get RJax?

LAL gets - Gary Neal, CHA 1st
OKC gets - Ed Davis, Wes Johnson
CHA gets - Reggie Jackson
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Due to him being a RFA, if it were just a swap of ending contracts, then sure. Best case would be him working out, or a team like Cleveland recognizing that their PG is injury prone and they might be interested in him as a backup. Turn him around for a young player or future considerations. Worst case scenario is that he is an ending contract.

Yup. If he kills it in his 2 month audition (under difficult circumstances and a bad team), then great.

If he hits the middle ground, worth having a small cap hold while we figure out things in free agency.

I wouldn't throw any picks to OKC. Just expiring contracts. My bottom line, best offer to them would be:

Ed is self-explanatory.

Wes gives them some size on defense and is a better shooter than Anthony Roberson, whom teams will leave wide open (maybe Wes too ) in the playoffs.

Gives OKC more depth. Heck, throw in the Head of the Snake too as a backup hard-nosed PG too.

If that ruins the top 5 pick, we still have 3 shots in the lottery, and then get our 2016 pick without attachments. (I don't think he's enough to propel us to that many wins given the rest of our team..also, I would waive Boozer and trade off other pieces).

Re: Ed Davis, he's unrestricted so he can make that choice regardless of whether he serves his sentence in LA or on a possible playoff team like OKC.

What about that package but we include CHA and take their 1st and they get RJax?

Interesting but would Charlotte want another problematic guard after the Stephenson thing? Getting that Charlotte pick would be really amazing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Ed is self-explanatory.

Nah. They have Kemba as the man going forward. No need to get RJax and have him sulk when Kemba is back. No sense for Charlotte.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Ed is self-explanatory.

Nah. They have Kemba as the man going forward. No need to get RJax and have him sulk when Kemba is back. No sense for Charlotte.

Haven't they been looking for a guard with PG abilities that could play with Kemba?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject:

No. With Kemba, he monopolizes the ball a lot. What he could use is a defensive 3 and D shooting guard who can catch and shoot (which Charlotte doesn't have).
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject:

OKC close to trading Reggie Jackson to the Nuggets
Quote:
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
OKC was close to trading Reggie Jackson to Denver, according to a source. He is expected to be moved before the deadline.

If it's not for Ty Lawson I don't know why OKC would do it, unless they are entering "we aren't making the playoffs" mode.

In which case, we should take Lamb and Jones off their hands.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Well Kemba is hurt and they want to make the playoffs. Just like if he doesn't work here we can trade him in the offseason, same argument works for CHA

dmorans1 wrote:

Interesting but would Charlotte want another problematic guard after the Stephenson thing? Getting that Charlotte pick would be really amazing.

If not try Detroit with the same offer. Jennings is out for a 6-9mo w/ the Achilles injury

Last edited by 22 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

MJST wrote:
Quote:
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
OKC was close to trading Reggie Jackson to Denver, according to a source. He is expected to be moved before the deadline.

If it's not for Ty Lawson I don't know why OKC would do it, unless they are entering "we aren't making the playoffs" mode.

My suspicion is filler and the draft picks they got from Clev. for Mozgov.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Quote:
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

My suspicion is filler and the draft picks they got from Clev. for Mozgov.

if they do that then the Lakers should be offering Jordan Hill and Wayne Ellington for Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones and Perkins contract.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Meh. I'm not a fan of Lamb and Perry Jones. Rather have the cap
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

We should give them both Hill and Lin for Reggie, Perkins, and Lamb. Heck you can add Wayne and/or Wes if needed. Then ship Reggie to any other team that would be interested for a pick or two. Indy comes to mind.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject:

If the Denver rumor is true, it sounds like OKC is trying to get pick for RJAX rather than talent. In which case we should not be buyers.

If they are looking for talent we should see what we can put together, but look to move RJax for a pick.

CHA, DET, IND are possible destinations that might be willing to give up a 1st
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
If the Denver rumor is true, it sounds like OKC is trying to get pick for RJAX rather than talent. In which case we should not be buyers.

If they are looking for talent we should see what we can put together, but look to move RJax for a pick.

Yeah, no picks for RJax. Dealbreaker for me. Maybe at most our 2nd, that's it.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Jones and Lamb only take up 3 million in cap right. Together...

And they both have 2 more years on rookie contracts after this upcoming one.

You wouldn't want to finish the year with a roster of

Jordan Clarkson
Jeremy Lamb
Perry Jones
Ryan Kelly
Ed Davis

And bench of
Jeremy Lin
Nick Young
Wes Johnson
Carlos Boozer
Tarik Black

??? Cause you'd find out a lot with who will pan out and who won't and they have a 2nd half of the season to show why or why not. and Hill and Ellington could help OKC tremendously.

Last edited by MJST on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
22 wrote:

Jordan Clarkson
Jeremy Lamb
Perry Jones
Ryan Kelly
Ed Davis

And bench of
Jeremy Lin
Nick Young
Wes Johnson
Carlos Boozer
Tarik Black

??? Cause I sure would.

I don't have a problem with them, but I'm not certain OKC wants to give them up (for the reasons you stated).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Yeah, no picks for RJax. Dealbreaker for me. Maybe at most our 2nd, that's it.

Agreed. I'd give up the 2nd if push came to shove

MJST wrote:
22 wrote:

Jordan Clarkson
Jeremy Lamb
Perry Jones
Ryan Kelly
Ed Davis

And bench of
Jeremy Lin
Nick Young
Wes Johnson
Carlos Boozer
Tarik Black

??? Cause I sure would.

$3m is significant given what we need. It could make the difference in being able to bring back a player like Ed Davis. I don't see them contributing anymore than vet min guys that we can sign after we've filled our cap
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
22 wrote:

Jordan Clarkson
Jeremy Lamb
Perry Jones
Ryan Kelly
Ed Davis

And bench of
Jeremy Lin
Nick Young
Wes Johnson
Carlos Boozer
Tarik Black

??? Cause I sure would.

I don't have a problem with them, but I'm not certain OKC wants to give them up (for the reasons you stated).

Well the reason is because Jones stock has dropped a bit since his hot start to the season and injury, and Lamb is racking up DNP's galore. So I don't know why OKC wouldn't take Ellington and Hill. Particularly when it means that Jordan Hill gets to play instead of Perkins which would help them tremendously, and Ellington gives them another floor spacer to net open looks from Westbrook or Durant and be left wide open. It can work in many ways for them if they wanted it.

if they've given up on the season then they likely won't part with Jones. if they think they can make a push they may be coerced into taking Hill and Ellington if we take Perk's contract along with Jones and Lamb.

Lamb would be easiest to pry away i'd think. Jones hasn't stayed at the level he played at previously so they may be more inclined to trade him than they were earlier in the season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
22 wrote:

Jordan Clarkson
Jeremy Lamb
Perry Jones
Ryan Kelly
Ed Davis

And bench of
Jeremy Lin
Nick Young
Wes Johnson
Carlos Boozer
Tarik Black

??? Cause I sure would.

Well the reason is because Jones stock has dropped a bit since his hot start to the season and injury, and Lamb is racking up DNP's galore. So I don't know why OKC wouldn't take Ellington and Hill. Particularly when it means that Jordan Hill gets to play instead of Perkins which would help them tremendously, and Ellington gives them another floor spacer to net open looks from Westbrook or Durant and be left wide open. It can work in many ways for them if they wanted it.

if they've given up on the season then they likely won't part with Jones. if they think they can make a push they may be coerced into taking Hill and Ellington if we take Perk's contract along with Jones and Lamb.

Lamb would be easiest to pry away i'd think. Jones hasn't stayed at the level he played at previously so they may be more inclined to trade him than they were earlier in the season.

If that package (without the Lakers surrendering picks) was offered I'd do it.

Jones/Lamb still have enough talent that can be salvaged and are bodies that fill out the roster. They too can be evaluated for 2 months.

Lamb may be my least favorite ex-UCONN player. Word was he was a bit too party happy and loved him some Ms. Mary.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject:

How about this three team trade with the Thunder and Pacers?

Lakers Get: Kendrick Perkins, Solomon Hill, 2016 1st(from Indiana)

Pacers Get: Reggie Jackson

Thunder Get: Jordan Hill, CJ Watson
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:

Does indy not have a 2015 1st? If so I want that one lol.

Next year they'll have PG back
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Does indy not have a 2015 1st? If so I want that one lol.

Next year they'll have PG back

They would probably not trade it since they're in the lottery for now. Maybe we can get it lottery protected and if we don't get it it turns into a 2016 pick and so on.

Last edited by dmorans1 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:

Interesting ideas. Not sure Indy would surrender S.Hill AND a 1st.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Would they do it if another player was added like Lamb or Jones?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Would they do it if another player was added like Lamb or Jones?

No. I think Indy would love to get a top 10 pick, or trade it for other pieces.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12
Jump to: