Mitch Kupchak speaks
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Mitch Kupchak speaks

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak says Kobe was excited about the prognosis of being ready for training camp.

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak on Kobe/Lakers next year: "The big key is that we have to improve the talent level on the team."

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak: "To me, a big part of Kobe's contribution next year is if we can improve this team in the off-season."

Quote:
Kupchak said he doesn't personally think Kobe has any intention to retire, also said he's had no discussions w/ Kobe about retirement.

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak asked about Kobe's timetable, said he would guess that Kobe would need the whole 9 months for recovery.

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak said he wasn't sure whether the Lakers would be making any moves before Feb. trade deadline.

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak on trying to preserve conditional pick (top 5) this year: "Our coaches and players have been instructed to win games."

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak also added on a follow-up question, if LA winds up w/ one of bottom 5 worst records: "A top 5 pick is always a good thing."

Quote:
Regarding Feb trade deadline, Kupchak said protecting their financial flexibility, "not [giving] away hard earned flexibility" is important.

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak on if Kobe's contract was the right move: "100%, we have no regrets at all. He's worth every penny of it."

Quote:
When I asked Kupchak about Steve Nash, he said he has actually been around & meets w/ Kupchak for breakfast once a month.

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak also said that he thinks "As the season progresses he'll (Steve Nash) be more engaged."

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak said Steve Nash has already agreed & said he's "more than willing" to help younger players. (Said he may have already started)

Quote:
More re: Steve Nash, Kupchak said Nash isn't going to go out "and advertise that he's doing it."

https://twitter.com/serenawinters
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Mitch doesn't reveal jack squat. Ultimate poker face. I kind of never take anything he says at face value.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Non-speak, and its infuriating. Might as well just go silent like his partner in crime, Jimbo.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the tidbits Mitch!

What a trooper to be back at work after what happened to his family. He's got my support!

I like what he said too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
Non-speak, and its infuriating. Might as well just go silent like his partner in crime, Jimbo.

Just think the opposite of whatever he says.

1. I have instructed the staff to tank.
2. I hate Kobe's contract.
3. I hate....

ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject:

You forgot one OP

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak: "We want Byron to establish & maintain a culture that he's comfortable with & the players have to adhere to that culture."

Seems like Byron is staying with the team for the next year or two at the very least.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

come on now, no one has detected the subliminal message that Lakers are trading for Westbrook and K Love at deadline?
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Mitch is like a seasoned politician, you can listen to him talk for hours and then realize he didn't tell you jack.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Mitch is like a seasoned politician, you can listen to him talk for hours and then realize he didn't tell you jack.

Anyone who's heard Mitch speak could look at those list of questions and pretty much know the bland, polite, say-nothing answers he's going to give. Hard to imagine why anyone would actually waste time listening to a radio interview with him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

Anyone who's heard Mitch speak could look at those list of questions and pretty much know the bland, polite, say-nothing answers he's going to give. Hard to imagine why anyone would actually waste time listening to a radio interview with him.

I do like how he keeps things close to his vest, never intimates that there is turmoil in the front office, etc. Keeps everything calm. I've always liked that about him.

Mitch's mantras:

1. NO LEAKS: never hear about proposed trades most of the times;
2. NO PEAKS: never gives up what he's doing, any problems in the ownership/coaching, etc.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitch Kupchak speaks

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak on trying to preserve conditional pick (top 5) this year: "Our coaches and players have been instructed to win games."

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak also added on a follow-up question, if LA winds up w/ one of bottom 5 worst records: "A top 5 pick is always a good thing."

Sums up my thoughts as well. Lakers should always play to win but a top 5 pick is the best result at this point...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mitch doesn't reveal jack squat. Ultimate poker face. I kind of never take anything he says at face value.

Good, I'd rather have him keep them guessing....
It doesn't help the organization if people know what moves they want to make.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

There would be no point in making trades this season unless it's to take on expiring contracts to gain cap space. This season is toast.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Mitch Kupchak says Kobe was excited about the prognosis of being ready for training camp.

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak on Kobe/Lakers next year: "The big key is that we have to improve the talent level on the team."

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak: "To me, a big part of Kobe's contribution next year is if we can improve this team in the off-season."

Quote:
Kupchak said he doesn't personally think Kobe has any intention to retire, also said he's had no discussions w/ Kobe about retirement.

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak asked about Kobe's timetable, said he would guess that Kobe would need the whole 9 months for recovery.

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak said he wasn't sure whether the Lakers would be making any moves before Feb. trade deadline.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Regarding Feb trade deadline, Kupchak said protecting their financial flexibility, "not [giving] away hard earned flexibility" is important.

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak on if Kobe's contract was the right move: "100%, we have no regrets at all. He's worth every penny of it."

Quote:
When I asked Kupchak about Steve Nash, he said he has actually been around & meets w/ Kupchak for breakfast once a month.

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak also said that he thinks "As the season progresses he'll (Steve Nash) be more engaged."

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak said Steve Nash has already agreed & said he's "more than willing" to help younger players. (Said he may have already started)

Quote:
More re: Steve Nash, Kupchak said Nash isn't going to go out "and advertise that he's doing it."

https://twitter.com/serenawinters

All of Mitch's "you know"s have been edited out.

Last edited by B_P on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject:

There is nothing to say, Laker management Is useless.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Good, I'd rather have him keep them guessing....
It doesn't help the organization if people know what moves they want to make.

I don't mind Mitch never saying anything. He's only trouble is it's patently obvious he's saying nothing. He's never mastered the fine art of saying nothing while still leaving people reassured.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

I remember when people were complaining that Lakers management wasn't coming out and saying anything. Then when they do (and it's what they should say) people would complain that they aren't saying enough
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I remember when people were complaining that Lakers management wasn't coming out and saying anything. Then when they do (and it's what they should say) people would complain that they aren't saying enough

I'm waiting on 2.0 to chime in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

ElginBaylor wrote:
There would be no point in making trades this season unless it's to take on expiring contracts to gain cap space. This season is toast.

Or accruing more draft picks...
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:

Said it before, I'll say it again: Mitch Kupchak = Tom Hagen.

MIM
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Said it before, I'll say it again: Mitch Kupchak = Tom Hagen.

MIM

and Jim Buss = Fredo?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Mitch also said, "over the past month, we entered into extensive negotiations with The Head of the Snake at various clandestine locations, including an Olive Garden, an undisclosed Starbucks location and in the restroom of Norm's near Melrose and La Cienega. We reached an agreement in principle with the Snake for a maximum level contract, to be announced just after the trade deadline to strike a dagger in the heart of all Laker fans, not just locally but internationally."

Mitch continued, "we plan to sign several free agents who are in their mid to late 30's. We also anticipate that Kobe will play every game next season, averaging 35 minutes per game, he will... of course, play the entire first quarter as per usual."
halosage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Read through the lines...

It will take Kobe months to get in basketball shape next Training Camp at his age.
Currently, no talent on the Team. Both are sidelined for the year. Kobe/Julius
Kobe needs to retire and give us more cap space.
“…Personally think…” The whole organization THINKS he should retire….
See first comment.
Nobody wants any players from our Team.
“…been instructed to win…” Win any of the top 3 picks of the draft
Nash is currently a waiter at the Breakfast spot I visit every month.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitch Kupchak speaks

32 wrote:

Quote:

Nash: "Check please"

Mitch: "B... but we haven't even ordered yet..."

Nash: "I'm talking to you, Kupchak."
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

halosage wrote:
Read through the lines...

It will take Kobe months to get in basketball shape next Training Camp at his age.
Currently, no talent on the Team. Both are sidelined for the year. Kobe/Julius
Kobe needs to retire and give us more cap space.
“…Personally think…” The whole organization THINKS he should retire….
See first comment.
Nobody wants any players from our Team.
“…been instructed to win…” Win any of the top 3 picks of the draft
Nash is currently a waiter at the Breakfast spot I visit every month.

Keep translating Mitch's nonspeak
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: