2015 Warriors vs 06-07 Warriors

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: 2015 Warriors vs 06-07 Warriors

Obviously the current team is much more disciplined and enjoying more regular season success, but I'm wondering if that '07 team could catch lightning in a bottle again and beat the current team in a series. They match up pretty well. I could see Baron being a nightmare for steph by posting him up.

'15: Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green, Bogut
'07: Davis, Richardson, Jackson, Harrington, Biedrens

With Monta vs Igoudala off the bench.

In the end I think the 2015 team wins a 7 game series, but I think it'd be close.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

The '07 Warriors were krytonite for the Mavs, but let us not forget that they were barely a .500 team and that they lost in five to the Jazz in the second round. I think the current team would crush them.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Completely healthy, the '15 team (bleep) all over the '07 team. '15 has shut down defenders at multiple positions and their bench goes WAY pass Iggy. Their 2nd unit is absurd. David Lee/Iggy/Barbosa/Livingston/Speights beat several team's STARTING units. Add to that the fact that the '15 team is constructed with parts that fit. The '07 team was constructed like a relic of basketball past. A bunch of dudes with good iso skills, suspect defense and no one that can actually shoot the ball well. 4-0 sweep in an absolute ass-kicking.
santamonica2188
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Yeah it wouldn't even be close. Baron Davis was cool and all but...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 Warriors vs 06-07 Warriors

22 wrote:
Obviously the current team is much more disciplined and enjoying more regular season success, but I'm wondering if that '07 team could catch lightning in a bottle again and beat the current team in a series. They match up pretty well. I could see Baron being a nightmare for steph by posting him up.

'15: Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green, Bogut
'07: Davis, Richardson, Jackson, Harrington, Biedrens

With Monta vs Igoudala off the bench.

In the end I think the 2015 team wins a 7 game series, but I think it'd be close.

I think the 2015 team would score 150 points a game against the 2007 team.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I still think the series might surprise some and go to six games. That 07 team was fiery (similar to the current team) on their home floor.

I think they could exploit the Davis/curry matchup and they have defenders in Barnes/Jackson/pietrus to throw at Klay. They don't execute well enough nor were they well coached. But imo they match up well enough to make it interesting
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Completely healthy, the '15 team (bleep) all over the '07 team. '15 has shut down defenders at multiple positions and their bench goes WAY pass Iggy. Their 2nd unit is absurd. David Lee/Iggy/Barbosa/Livingston/Speights beat several team's STARTING units. Add to that the fact that the '15 team is constructed with parts that fit. The '07 team was constructed like a relic of basketball past. A bunch of dudes with good iso skills, suspect defense and no one that can actually shoot the ball well. 4-0 sweep in an absolute ass-kicking.

Yep....
The 2007 Warriors got lucky in that they basically faced a Dallas team that they beat all year. The one team the Mavs hated to face in the playoffs.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: The 2015 W's are massively better than the 2007 W's

Is this a serious question? Jackson did a great job on Dirk. Baron Davis, a hot and cold player, had a good series. Richardson could get hot, but he was not a great two way player. Harrington and Biedrins?

The 2015 W's lead the league in FG% on offense. They lead the league in FG% defense, and they do it while leading the league in offensive pace. If that continues through the end of the year, it will be something that has never happened before. Teams that speed up the game never have been close to leading the league in FG% defense.

I'm not saying that the W's will win it all this year. If Bogut goes down, then some team will beat them up inside enough to beat them, IMO. If they stay healthy, however, they are one of 3 or 4 teams with a shot to win it all. The 2007 W's won a single playoff series, albeit against the top team. Who thought they could win it all?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: The 2015 W's are massively better than the 2007 W's

MIZ83 wrote:
Is this a serious question? Jackson did a great job on Dirk. Baron Davis, a hot and cold player, had a good series. Richardson could get hot, but he was not a great two way player. Harrington and Biedrins?

The 2015 W's lead the league in FG% on offense. They lead the league in FG% defense, and they do it while leading the league in offensive pace. If that continues through the end of the year, it will be something that has never happened before. Teams that speed up the game never have been close to leading the league in FG% defense.

I'm not saying that the W's will win it all this year. If Bogut goes down, then some team will beat them up inside enough to beat them, IMO. If they stay healthy, however, they are one of 3 or 4 teams with a shot to win it all. The 2007 W's won a single playoff series, albeit against the top team. Who thought they could win it all?

That's the point I'm trying to get at. It's not about the 07 team winning it all or being a better team. It's about could they win this series? They weren't a better team than the mavs then, but they matched up well and got hot. It's just a fun thing to ponder
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject:

I think 07 team would have better homecourt edge.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: