++++KNICKS vs LAKERS 2/1/2015 ++++ 11:00 AM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melbournefans
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: What did Scott say?

Scott said: Lin was not played well......
what the....
how many assists for starter PG?
Is Scott really a basketball coach?
revoldas
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Missed the game today and looks like if I want to miss any given Lakers game, this would be the one (although there are so many candidates this season.)

I'm all for developing youngsters and tanking for the picks. But as much as I don't mind losing, can we at least lose in a more entertaining way? I mean as fans we've already accept the fact that it might be in the best interest for the team to lose, which in turn robbing us the fans the RIGHT to demand wins, now do they expect us to keep on watching this kind of effort (or lack of it) and still support the team?
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Those who think BS is going to be around next year need to consider the following.

1. Will the Lakers looking for a championship run next year?

If no, then I think there is a strong chance he will be back. Run the tank for another year. The owners have this warped sense and I think they will run against logic and wisdom. Will the fans stay with the team for another year? Who knows. Maybe if Kobe returns.

There is no one else on the team the fans want to watch. BS destroyed or is trying to destroy every players' career on this team.

Lot of older players will likely not return. Ronnie prices career is done. Sacre's done. Booze might have another season.

Lin is not likely to return or stay if given the chance to go to a better team with a better coach.

So next year they are looking to look at major acquisitions. Not trades. Problem is the owners are a dumb bunch. If you are looking to get good value for your players, you need to show case them in the best light. They are trying to do this with Clarkson. He is definitely being primed for a trade. Someone you benched the entire year and all of a sudden he is starter material and can do no wrong? Where thesedumdasses are missing it is that they do not know the value of Jeremy in player development and equity development. Every team made great gains with trading players which started with Jeremy. I can't think of a single former teammate of Jeremy's that didn't get traded to a better team and the owners got good return for their trade. Thesedumbassownersandmagagement instead, just took Kobe and BS's assessment that Jlin has no star value to play for the Lakers. Flushed his career down the toilet and missed the invaluable intrinsic value of having Lin on your team. He makes your players look good. Win or loose.

2. If the Lakers are trying for the championship run next year then most likely BS will be gone. If he remains then the Lakersownersarereallydumbasses. A championship coach at the very least knows how to make good judgments in the final minutes of the forth quarter to snatch a close win. This coach has never made a good judgments in the 4th. There are other qualities of a championship coach that this coach lacks, but the one I mentioned alone disqualifies him.
jenopogi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:51 am    Post subject:

DB is slacking or does not care? T&R is not yet on. This is one of the major reasons I always check in here 😁
JL#7 in Purple and Gold. Shoutout to my Lakers4Life Buddy Ian M.
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Juneway wrote:
Lostology wrote:
Juneway wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
19 points on 46%...not bad for a second rounder.

Clarkson plays PG.

A PG that played 34 minutes with 1 assist. Any other PG plays that many minutes with that little assist?

That's exactly my point.
The kid has long way to go to learn to play PG. Maybe at the end of this season we will know whether or not he can be a good PG.
To be honest, with the team as this bad, it's really hard to evaluate players.

I'm curious as to why the insistence of turning him into a PG? He's not a PG and yet the tone here is as if he is..."a long way to go to be a good PG?"..."maybe at the end of the season"...these type of statements really makes me think you, or anyone else, will be sorely disappointed if that's what your waiting for.

He's a nice young guard that has the length and speed to do a good job on most point guards, and has enough size to defend most 2's in the league. Beyond that, just hit that j kid and work on protecting the ball, not necessarily being a "point guard" whose in charge of getting everyone else involved.

Let him be free to do his thing. He thinks too much out there already.

Seems like a tweener to me. He plays more like a SG or SF but he is built more like a PG. He currently lacks the court vision, playmaking, and outside shooting to be a good PG but he really isn't a strong enough shooter to play off the ball either.

That's the reason he fell to 46th picks.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject:

Travers wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Juneway wrote:
Lostology wrote:
Juneway wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Clarkson plays PG.

A PG that played 34 minutes with 1 assist. Any other PG plays that many minutes with that little assist?

That's exactly my point.
The kid has long way to go to learn to play PG. Maybe at the end of this season we will know whether or not he can be a good PG.

I'm curious as to why the insistence of turning him into a PG? He's not a PG and yet the tone here is as if he is..."a long way to go to be a good PG?"..."maybe at the end of the season"...these type of statements really makes me think you, or anyone else, will be sorely disappointed if that's what your waiting for.

He's a nice young guard that has the length and speed to do a good job on most point guards, and has enough size to defend most 2's in the league. Beyond that, just hit that j kid and work on protecting the ball, not necessarily being a "point guard" whose in charge of getting everyone else involved.

Seems like a tweener to me. He plays more like a SG or SF but he is built more like a PG. He currently lacks the court vision, playmaking, and outside shooting to be a good PG but he really isn't a strong enough shooter to play off the ball either.

He's still doing better than, at the very least, 50% of the players drafted ahead of him.
Richmond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
Clarkson set up a couple of open jumpers for Boozer and others that missed. Had a nice wraparound to Ed that he couldn't finish either.

That kind of doesn't make sense. You can't just make an assumption that every PG gets his guys to make shots. If that was the case Lin finishes in double figures for assists easily. Clarkson is not a very good PG and should be moved to the SG position.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Travers wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Juneway wrote:
Lostology wrote:
Juneway wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Clarkson plays PG.

That's exactly my point.

He's still doing better than, at the very least, 50% of the players drafted ahead of him.

I would say even more, he is this years monta ellis- shoot first PG
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Travers wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Juneway wrote:
Lostology wrote:
Juneway wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Clarkson plays PG.

That's exactly my point.

Let's get real. Clarkson is kinda fun to watch at times but he doesn't have that much talent. He's athletic, like many other players that have come and gone. Maybe with the right coach, hehe, he can be groomed but I'm not holding my breath.
I was watching the NY feed and Clyde Frazier kept asking "why aren't they double teaming Anthony?". Excellent question. Then they started talking about "shenanigans" which ultimate they admitted was the tank. Its pretty obvious. No one can be that bad a coach. I would kinda feel sorry for BS if not for how poorly he handled Kobe.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Richmond wrote:
rybee wrote:
Clarkson set up a couple of open jumpers for Boozer and others that missed. Had a nice wraparound to Ed that he couldn't finish either.

That kind of doesn't make sense. You can't just make an assumption that every PG gets his guys to make shots. If that was the case Lin finishes in double figures for assists easily. Clarkson is not a very good PG and should be moved to the SG position.

This is why, as I've said before one needs to see the game and not just look at the stat sheet. How easy are the PG's set ups. How much do the other players move without the ball so the PG actually haw a target. And then of course there are games in which Hill will sink 8 from the top of the key and the PG looks like he's had a great game when in fact, SMH. But then he can only pass the ball to where the playeres are.
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Richmond wrote:
rybee wrote:

so why doesn't BS recognize that?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

option_nerd wrote:
Richmond wrote:
rybee wrote:

The FO, and Scott, want a PG, want Clarkson to be a PG. I'm sure they recognize his deficiencies but, they have plenty of time to improve them.
Richmond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject:

option_nerd wrote:
Richmond wrote:
rybee wrote:

Truth is we really don't know what's going on. Is the protected pick that important? Is Lin really not in the future? Is Clarkson really a PG? Does ANYONE believe Kobe will play (or last) another whole season?
Richmond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject:

option_nerd wrote:
Richmond wrote:
rybee wrote:

Truth is we really don't know what's going on. Is the protected pick that important? Is Lin really not in the future? Is Clarkson really a PG? Does ANYONE believe Kobe will play (or last) another whole season?
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

Clarkson was supposed to be the PG then just looked for his shot all game long for 18 pts and 1 assist, while Lin looked for his teammates as instructed and got 7 assists then promptly thrown under the bus after the game.

BScott on Lin's performance: "It wasnt good."

SMH
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

Byron usually likes to give his players freedom in offense... But it seems he never gives that to lin...
gold555
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I hate to joke that we are tanking, but not joke any more, it is
the fact.

BS tried all kinds of ways to make it; is it not obvious for you?

At this period, do you still expect Swaggy, Lin, Clarkson or whoever
to play for the right way leading win?
Therefore, any discussion to any players in the team is kinda meaningless.
Lin had a word for his feeling about D-league experience, that he hates
every one is playing for their numbers. But now the team is broken parts
and it seems no common direction sharing within the team. The only thing
each player can do is playing their numbers.

BS not even put Lin and Swaggy to play minutes, I can only believe that
they are not in Lakers' next season plan and no trading value.

BS: Lin played bad!
Lin: You want me shoot more?
BS: That will switch you with Swaggy.
Lin: Aggressive pass.....
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject:

gold555 wrote:
the fact.

Lin: I got 20 pts. this game.
BS: You should pass first and shoot last, get everyone involved. You just don't have the PG's intuition. We need the head of snake!
Lin: I have 7 assists this game.
BS: Where is your aggressive? the head of snake is better than you.
Lin: But he has 0 pts. and 0 assist.
BS: The most important we need is defense!
Clarkson: I have 20 pts.
BS: This is aggressive.
Clarkson: but I only have 1 assist.
BS: Not a big deal, know you can do better.

No offense, just for fun!
gold555
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
gold555 wrote:
the fact.

Lin: I got 20 pts. this game.
BS: You should pass first and shoot last, get everyone involved. You just don't have the PG's intuition. We need the head of snake!
Lin: I have 7 assists this game.
BS: Where is your aggressive? the head of snake is better than you.
Lin: But he has 0 pts. and 0 assist.
BS: The most important we need is defense!
Clarkson: I have 20 pts.
BS: This is aggressive.
Clarkson: but I only have 1 assist.
BS: Not a big deal, know you can do better.

No offense, just for fun!

Isn't it true?
Not only to Lin; He cannot let any spark to ignite the fire in this team.
At the same time, he makes every one looks bad.
The reason to say that, is to look back some big wins we had.
That is not allowed now.
vankenn
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject:

All starters combined this game for a grand total of... drum roll..

1 Assist

.. yea, one freaking assist. Nice team basketball there starters!!!! Everyone playing ISO? LOL

Freaking ridiculous. OMG
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject:

vankenn wrote:
All starters combined this game for a grand total of... drum roll..

1 Assist

.. yea, one freaking assist. Nice team basketball there starters!!!! Everyone playing ISO? LOL

Freaking ridiculous. OMG

then BS throws Lin under the bus after doing what he was told (pass the ball).

what's mindblowing is that his scapegoat is a benchplayer. Joke of a coach will say anything just to deflect any criticism with his coaching.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18
Jump to: