Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
catman2u wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Draft Russell, resign E. Davis, should get a good deal. Sign Brandon Knight in free agency, also sign T. Harris, and R. Lopez. L A look like this next year.

Knight/Russell/Clarkson
Bryant/Clarkson/Russell/Young
Harris/Kelly/Young
Hill/Randle/Davis/Kelly
Lopez/Sacre/Black

This team is not great, but I think it is a best case scenario this offseason. I believe this will put them at about 76.5 million with two open roster spots and a late first rounder, and I think a early second? Can they work the money idk, what do you say?

SALARY CAP SAYS HI.

Money really isn't the issue. The Lakers have so much money they afford the penalty if there was a player to sigh that would actually help, want to play under our idiot coach.
As much as I think Randle was a great pick and has incredible upside talent, sadly he may also be another Bill Walton, Gred Oden ...

No. You have a salary cap. Lakers can only go up to around 67m with a 3m room exception. It's not about the money but the salary cap.

Yep, you can go way way over the cap to sign your own players (see the 2010 roster) but you can't go over it to sign new ones.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject:

option_nerd wrote:
catman2u wrote:
Captain America wrote:
ggeasy wrote:
RichD wrote:
Clarkson is trash.

That's a bit of an exaggeration is it not? He had a great early game and fell off later. Overall he was decent and at least outplayed his counterpart in Payton.

Yea I don't get why people/commentators pick Clarkson apart so much, he's outplaying a lot of other rookies that were drafted ahead of him. As a mid-2nd round pick, I actually think he's exceeding expectations. No one is NBA ready coming out of college these days so I would just let him continue to develop, he has the potential to be a starting combo guard in this league.

Exceeding expectations? So? Can he play PG is the question and I say NO. Trying to groom him at a position he doesn't seem comfortable with makes no sense. At the very least send him to the No D League if turning into a PG is the plan. Also he shouldn't be compared to the players coming to the NBA. Clarkson played 4 years of college. The problem is so many players are opting for the draft after one or two years when the clearly don't have so many basics. And lastly if BS is so bent on playing JC, then why not Lin-PG, JC-SG, Ellington-SF, ED Davis PF and Bill Russell at 80 would probably be better than Sacre. Which two guards with speed I think it could open up driving lanes but that would require created coaching.

can you forward this message to Byron Scott? i don't think he knows this.

Well you are mistakenly assuming we are trying to win... So I think that's where the confusion lies... And for the record I never said Clarkson was top tier talent but 4 years of college is still a lot different than NBA competition was of course there will be a learning curve. I think at the very least he could be a JR smith-lite off the bench even if he's not a franchise-type player.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
option_nerd wrote:
catman2u wrote:
Captain America wrote:
ggeasy wrote:
RichD wrote:
Clarkson is trash.

That's a bit of an exaggeration is it not? He had a great early game and fell off later. Overall he was decent and at least outplayed his counterpart in Payton.

Yea I don't get why people/commentators pick Clarkson apart so much, he's outplaying a lot of other rookies that were drafted ahead of him. As a mid-2nd round pick, I actually think he's exceeding expectations. No one is NBA ready coming out of college these days so I would just let him continue to develop, he has the potential to be a starting combo guard in this league.

Exceeding expectations? So? Can he play PG is the question and I say NO. Trying to groom him at a position he doesn't seem comfortable with makes no sense. At the very least send him to the No D League if turning into a PG is the plan. Also he shouldn't be compared to the players coming to the NBA. Clarkson played 4 years of college. The problem is so many players are opting for the draft after one or two years when the clearly don't have so many basics. And lastly if BS is so bent on playing JC, then why not Lin-PG, JC-SG, Ellington-SF, ED Davis PF and Bill Russell at 80 would probably be better than Sacre. Which two guards with speed I think it could open up driving lanes but that would require created coaching.

Well you are mistakenly assuming we are trying to win... So I think that's where the confusion lies... And for the record I never said Clarkson was top tier talent but 4 years of college is still a lot different than NBA competition was of course there will be a learning curve. I think at the very least he could be a JR smith-lite off the bench even if he's not a franchise-type player.

JR Smith is a 35-40 plus 3 point shooter. Has/did Clarkson shoot anything like that in any of his four years at school?
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
Captain America wrote:
option_nerd wrote:
catman2u wrote:
Captain America wrote:
ggeasy wrote:
RichD wrote:
Clarkson is trash.

JR Smith is a 35-40 plus 3 point shooter. Has/did Clarkson shoot anything like that in any of his four years at school?

I said JR smith-lite lol, if he works realllllly hard he could be a JR smith type. Even if he's not as big and athletic.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
catman2u wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Draft Russell, resign E. Davis, should get a good deal. Sign Brandon Knight in free agency, also sign T. Harris, and R. Lopez. L A look like this next year.

Knight/Russell/Clarkson
Bryant/Clarkson/Russell/Young
Harris/Kelly/Young
Hill/Randle/Davis/Kelly
Lopez/Sacre/Black

This team is not great, but I think it is a best case scenario this offseason. I believe this will put them at about 76.5 million with two open roster spots and a late first rounder, and I think a early second? Can they work the money idk, what do you say?

SALARY CAP SAYS HI.

Money really isn't the issue. The Lakers have so much money they afford the penalty if there was a player to sigh that would actually help, want to play under our idiot coach.
As much as I think Randle was a great pick and has incredible upside talent, sadly he may also be another Bill Walton, Gred Oden ...

No. You have a salary cap. Lakers can only go up to around 67m with a 3m room exception. It's not about the money but the salary cap.

Yep, you can go way way over the cap to sign your own players (see the 2010 roster) but you can't go over it to sign new ones.

Trade off Harris and Shumpert. That might be doable? I think that trade off helps as far as being built for a superstar to come in and takeover. It hurts tradeable assets. You would hope we could sign Durant to this team, and trade Randle, probably Knight and Hill for D. Cousins.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JLin is worst the Fisher when it comes to finishing

Auto correct at its best.

Not English 101, game thread.
Lin is worst than Fisher at finishing? Who is Fisher? You mean a retired player now coach for Knicks? See what you typed makes no sense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22
Jump to: