Daniel Orton kicked out of PBA for insulting Manning Pacquiao

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isaiah
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Las Vegas (formerly from Metro Manila, Philippines)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Daniel Orton kicked out of PBA for insulting Manning Pacquiao

Quote:
In 2010, former Kentucky player Daniel Orton was selected in the first round of the NBA Draft. Now he's looking for work after the Philippine Basketball Association has released him for comments he made about Manny Pacquiao. You see, the boxing legend is attempting to become a pro basketball player in his home country and YOU DON'T INSULT MANNY PACQUIAO IN THE PHILIPPINES.

[url=LINK]http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/2/24/8103231/former-nba-player-kentucky-daniel-orton-filipino-philippine-basketball-association-manny-pacquiao[/url]

Yes, so this actually happened. I'm Filipino, grew up in the Philippines, but never supported this league. And now with Manny in it as a PLAYER-COACH, it's become that much more of a circus. Now this happens.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject:

Is Manny finally retiring from boxing after he collects his share of the national ransom of may 2?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject:

If Magellan were around today the Philippines would probably kill him again if it came between him and Manny.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject:

IMO even with that ugly jump shot, Pac can be a highly efficient player. If he goes to the basket and you foul him, not only can he kick your butt and he doesn't have to. Your own teammates will pound on you first.

The way the league protects his image, i would surmise he gets the ultra Jordan/Wade/Harden treatment.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
If Magellan were around today the Philippines would probably kill him again if it came between him and Manny.

His fans make Lin fans tolerable.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:

His fans make Lin fans tolerable.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Lots of no name players being brought up lately in this forum. Maybe I should talk about my local rec league.
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Don't these foreigners know?

Manny is God incarnate in the motherland. He can do no wrong! He can do it all! Sing, act, now play ball / coach. He's also a congressman... and eventually he'll be President... so we all might as well bow down to him.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: