Kobe: "I tried teaching Dwight"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Kobe would make a great teacher for someone who is cut from the same cloth as he is.

But different people need different managerial styles in order to maximize their effectiveness. That's a trait the greatest leaders have.

Kobe is/was a good leader but not great because he only has 1 gear in that regard.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Nick the Quick wrote:
to me it's crazy that someone wouldn't be open to lessons from a great. even if you don't agree with every little piece, you can take plenty of things away and put them into your own philosophy. but to not even give it a legitimate shot is insane.

What could he have gained in the last two years staying and being Kobe's teammate over Harden? To win in this league you need talent. I promise you, if roles were reversed and LA had the head coach Dwight believed in, and Kobe was in prime (even with same hard ass attitude) and Houston comes calling, he stays. Number one reason Dwight walked is being proved right now. While he's hurt, his team is still a playoff team as James is playing like a MVP. Meanwhile Kobe has been a shadow of himself playing what 40 games in 2 seasons, our FO is not on the same page as what to do and the organizations best bet is tanking for quality draft pick that can change the course of the franchise.

Seriously do people still think Dwight made the wrong choice or would have become a champion playing with this Kobe? What has Kobe's amazing guidance done for Lin? For Young? You win with talent. No matter how much they may not have gotten along, if you have the right coaching staff and talent, you win a lot of games. That's all it's about. If Kobe is in his prime and they have the coach Dwight wants, he stays as would any star. Simple as that.

No this isn't true by any means. Just an assumption. He's weak minded..he leaves regardless knowing he will never get along with Kobe.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
That leadership/lockerroom style may have worked for you Kobe, but plenty of other styles have also worked. Look no further than the last 4 title teams, with the latter having won 4 others in the previous decade.

You're kidding, right? The Spurs are all nice guys in public but you know those are some intense practices. Just recently Tony Parker admitted Pop literally made him cry.

There are no goofball champions.

It's all moot anyway, because Kobe was trying to teach Dwight how to lead a team. Now that he's on Harden's team he can clown around and grab wieners all he wants and no one will really notice or care.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe: "I tried teaching Dwight"

Travers wrote:
55 wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/2/26/8116095/kobe-bryant-dwight-howard-lakers

Quote:
I tried teaching Dwight. I tried showing him. But the reality is that when you have a perception of what it is to win a championship - and most perceptions of what it's like to win are a very outgoing, very gregarious locker room where you pick each other up and you're friends all the time. That's the perception. And I think that's what his perception was of what the idea is. But when he saw the reality of it, it made him uncomfortable. And it's very tough to be able to fight through that, to deal with that challenge. And I don't think he was willing to deal with that uncomfortable and combative nature.

Good riddance!

I'd say there's not only one way of leading, Kobe's bread and butter not necessarily Dwight's. Dwight had lead his Magic to conference finals, finals...... without all star teammates' help and brilliant coach like Phi. Put into same situation, I wonder if Kobe can lead Magic that far. Kobe's record without Shaq and Gasol is far from convincing, either missing playoff or fighting for last spot.

Well that's definitely true, but Dwights accomplished more with less because he plays center which is a much more critical position than a guard spot. I've always said you can't win without controlling the paint and most of the time that holds true. Kobes been blessed to play alongside several hall of fame bigs, but the same argument could be made for Dwayne Wade's accomplishments. One of the few guards that's truly taken over games without dominant bigs was Michael Jordan, and even he had Rodman to control the glass. Cartwright wasn't a slouch either.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
That leadership/lockerroom style may have worked for you Kobe, but plenty of other styles have also worked. Look no further than the last 4 title teams, with the latter having won 4 others in the previous decade.

You're kidding, right? The Spurs are all nice guys in public but you know those are some intense practices. Just recently Tony Parker admitted Pop literally made him cry.

There are no goofball champions.

It's all moot anyway, because Kobe was trying to teach Dwight how to lead a team. Now that he's on Harden's team he can clown around and grab wieners all he wants and no one will really notice or care.

Yeah I don't think Pop would of liked a goofball like Dwight tbh.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject:

Bryant taking a page from Jackson's playbook and saying semi-controversial things to drum up attention to a new product he's peddling.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: