Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 343, 344, 345 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
The Kings trading Cousins is pure pipe, probably the most pipe Ive seen all season. Cousins is the new age Charles Barkley.

He is that is the perfect comparison. That said it will not work between him and Karl, he "will" get traded, stamp that! Its just a matter of when. Maybe they wait for the new stadium to go up, when is that?

I don't get the comparison at all. Unless he starts jacking up threes.

I agree though people need to settle down on these trade hopes.

Barkley was a 26% 3pt shooter, what are you talking about?????

Barkley was a 22/11 guy. Cousins right now is a 19/10.5 guy, there are other similarities.

Last edited by Tony Anapolis on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Can someone please answer me how we are talking about trading for Cousins now when the trade deadline passed? I'm sure I'm the only one here that is confused???

They mean in the offseason, and that because George Karl is now the coach and GM he'll apparently gut the team to stage a Nuggets reunion party . I don't believe it either.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
The Kings trading Cousins is pure pipe, probably the most pipe Ive seen all season. Cousins is the new age Charles Barkley.

He is that is the perfect comparison. That said it will not work between him and Karl, he "will" get traded, stamp that! Its just a matter of when. Maybe they wait for the new stadium to go up, when is that?

I don't get the comparison at all. Unless he starts jacking up threes.

I agree though people need to settle down on these trade hopes.

Barkley was a 26% 3pt shooter, what are you talking about?????

yeah he shot way too many of them. Cousins doesn't shoot any. That's in part why I don't get the comparison.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Trade rumblings do not abide by a league-imposed deadline. Rumors are a year-round staple in the NBA, with the flow of information and chatter constant, even after the zero hour has passed.

That's the situation in Sacramento as of now. The Feb. 19 trade cutoff is dead and done, yet sources tell Bleacher Report's Howard Beck the threat of inevitable change is alive and well

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2379676-demarcus-cousins-should-be-this-offseasons-prize-on-the-trade-market
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:

We did trade for Barkley.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:

I doubt it. Randle and our first would be better than anything the Pelicans got for CP3. Shoot, that is better than what we got for Shaq are you serious?

Karl wants players that fit his system, probably won't be big names, that is his M.O. We are one of the best options to facilitate a deal between them and Denver, only if we have top five pick though. Denver will trade Karl a Lawson and Faried if we give them our first pick, don't forget the Kings will also have a lottery pick as well. They could be adding 3-4 key pieces by sending Cousins out now.

Look what Minny got for Love, that is what a Cousins deal will be based off of. The Kings will ask for more than the Wolves got.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Trade rumblings do not abide by a league-imposed deadline. Rumors are a year-round staple in the NBA, with the flow of information and chatter constant, even after the zero hour has passed.

That's the situation in Sacramento as of now. The Feb. 19 trade cutoff is dead and done, yet sources tell Bleacher Report's Howard Beck the threat of inevitable change is alive and well

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2379676-demarcus-cousins-should-be-this-offseasons-prize-on-the-trade-market

The Kings could trade Cousins after their season is over as long as no potential FAs are involved.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

We did trade for Barkley.

Just like we traded for cp3. Nice try Skip.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject:

If there is any fire to the Cousins smoke, you have to wonder how far LA would go. I know we love Clarkson, but if Denver is involved you have to wonder if a scenario would happen where they would accept picks, the top 5 and Clarkson. Could Clarkson's value improve enough and would Randle's injury throw any doubt to sway that decision? I guess it's wishful thinking but Randle and Cousins together would be amazing!

I'm still not sure if there is anything to Karl getting his former players, but Denver would need a big and guard to replace them. If LA's pick ends up at 5 and Denver takes say Myles Turner (WCS altitude issue remember), they'd need a guard too. Maybe they take Clarkson, Houston's 1st and LA's high 2nd. That may sound like a lot, but they can build a backcourt in free agency the next few years around that potent big combo.

After taking Cousins, I'm guessing 9 million and the room exception to land about 3 players. I wonder then if it's possible if Marco Belinelli and Rondo on a showcase deal split the 9 and they keep Wes Johnson for the 2.8M room ex.

Rondo/vt min
Bryant/Elllington
Belinelli/W.Johnson
Randle/Kelly
Cousins/Black/Sacre
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

It's a shame Cousins it's a headcase though, i dont quite believe he will ever fulfill his potential due to the fact. Then if you add to the equation that our roster is worse than the King's, it's quite the pipe dream. Even more so cause the only FA that we seem to be able to sign quite easily is Rondo, another extreme headcase.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
If there is any fire to the Cousins smoke, you have to wonder how far LA would go. I know we love Clarkson, but if Denver is involved you have to wonder if a scenario would happen where they would accept picks, the top 5 and Clarkson. Could Clarkson's value improve enough and would Randle's injury throw any doubt to sway that decision? I guess it's wishful thinking but Randle and Cousins together would be amazing!

I'm still not sure if there is anything to Karl getting his former players, but Denver would need a big and guard to replace them. If LA's pick ends up at 5 and Denver takes say Myles Turner (WCS altitude issue remember), they'd need a guard too. Maybe they take Clarkson, Houston's 1st and LA's high 2nd. That may sound like a lot, but they can build a backcourt in free agency the next few years around that potent big combo.

After taking Cousins, I'm guessing 9 million and the room exception to land about 3 players. I wonder then if it's possible if Marco Belinelli and Rondo on a showcase deal split the 9 and they keep Wes Johnson for the 2.8M room ex.

Rondo/vt min
Bryant/Elllington
Belinelli/W.Johnson
Randle/Kelly
Cousins/Black/Sacre

Rondo on a showcase deal? Perhaps.

I just do not think Clarkson and our 1st at 2 to 5 would be enough for Cousins. Perhaps if the pick was #1 and Clarkson along with the Rocket pick, a very slight chance.

I think it would take randle and our top 5 pick to land Cousins.

Headcase? Well, do you roll the dice? He puts up numbers, 24 and 12, that cannot be denied, and still not even at the beginning of his prime at 24. Can he be enough to get KD's attention in 16'?
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
It's a shame Cousins it's a headcase though, i dont quite believe he will ever fulfill his potential due to the fact.

What is his potential? 28 and 14? he is at 24 and 12 now with a headcase label. He is still just 24, a few years away from beginning his prime.

Are the lakers better off with him or randle and our top pick?

Okafor/randle or Towns/randle? I would like over just Cousins. But a 4th or 5th pick and randle?

What would KD or Westbrook like? Someone ask them....
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

Rondo/vt min
Bryant/Elllington
Belinelli/W.Johnson
Randle/Kelly
Cousins/Black/Sacre

I just do not think Clarkson and our 1st at 2 to 5 would be enough for Cousins. Perhaps if the pick was #1 and Clarkson along with the Rocket pick, a very slight chance.

Headcase? Well, do you roll the dice? He puts up numbers, 24 and 12, that cannot be denied, and still not even at the beginning of his prime at 24. Can he be enough to get KD's attention in 16'?

That's the gamble you'd be taking. You're trading for a player with a very reasonable contract and raw talent though, so if it doesn't work out they'll still get value for Cousins.

You take that leap of faith to have a solid team to land Durant. As far as Rondo has fallen, he will get Durant the ball and Cousins will draw doubles inside at times freeing him up even more. You don't make the move for Durant specifically, but you have a better shot at him. Then there's Kobe, maybe he returns for one year and a cheaper deal to recruit Durant.

I agree that it will likely take Randle and the (hopeful) top 5 pick. I just hope that Clarkson's stock improves enough to take his place and is a better fit. If Clarkson pans out, you'll have to pay him in 2016 while Randle will still have 3 mil that year and two cheap years to follow. I know there are a lot of hypotheticals, but find a way to keep Randle and land Cousins and there is A LOT you can do on both sides of the ball.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject:

It will take at least a top 3 pick and Randle to get Cousins. The Kings probably would want Clarkson too. That's just too much for someone who's never made the playoffs.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

Rondo/vt min
Bryant/Elllington
Belinelli/W.Johnson
Randle/Kelly
Cousins/Black/Sacre

That's the gamble you'd be taking. You're trading for a player with a very reasonable contract and raw talent though, so if it doesn't work out they'll still get value for Cousins.

You take that leap of faith to have a solid team to land Durant. As far as Rondo has fallen, he will get Durant the ball and Cousins will draw doubles inside at times freeing him up even more. You don't make the move for Durant specifically, but you have a better shot at him. Then there's Kobe, maybe he returns for one year and a cheaper deal to recruit Durant.

I agree that it will likely take Randle and the (hopeful) top 5 pick. I just hope that Clarkson's stock improves enough to take his place and is a better fit. If Clarkson pans out, you'll have to pay him in 2016 while Randle will still have 3 mil that year and two cheap years to follow. I know there are a lot of hypotheticals, but find a way to keep Randle and land Cousins and there is A LOT you can do on both sides of the ball.

If I had the choice Okafor and randle or Cousins? I would go Okafor/Randle. Towns/Randle or Cousins? Real iffy.

Thing with Rondo on a showcase deal is by the time he shows up well, he will want more for 16', how do you pay him,Cousins and KD then?

Kobe taking less is what I would love to see in 16', pass the torch to Durant. Perhaps with Kobe taking less still playing at a good level, and Cousins along with Clarkson growing up even more so a chance at KD is possible.

You have to think about what other options are there? Building from within? Would a T.Harris and Dragic signings along with randle and our (hopefully) top 5 pick be enough for rings? And when? Dragic will be young enough in 4 years when our top 5 pick and randle are ready for stardom. Along with T.Harris there is a chance. But.....

Cousins and Durant sure sounds better...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Assuming we don't get a top 5 pick this year, what is the plan? Iirc we have around 28m or so to spend in that scenario.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Assuming we don't get a top 5 pick this year, what is the plan? Iirc we have around 28m or so to spend in that scenario.

I would be inclined to zero in on robin Lopez or Jordan, along with a combo guard or a wing.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

Rondo/vt min
Bryant/Elllington
Belinelli/W.Johnson
Randle/Kelly
Cousins/Black/Sacre

Looks like I am in the minority here. No way in hell do I want the Lakers to use all those assets to acquire Cousins! Keep the assets and develop the talent.

Perhaps I am overly optimistic about Randle. but I think he will be a dynamic young PF. Clarkson is growing before our eyes. I'm interested in seeing him with an off-season to get stronger and better at his craft. Then adding a top 5 pick of Towns, Okafor, WCS or Russell to the mix. IMO that is a nice solid foundation to build from.

Also add a free agent this off-season. Lakers have enough money to land one solid under 25 yr old SF, PG or big man as needed. Mix in a few min vets, re-sign a couple players for continuity and a Kobe on his retirement run.

That overall team of young players with a year of experience seems like a much more attractive free agent location for a Durant then a Rondo/Cousins clusterf**k. JMO.
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

What you going offer Sacramento for Cousins?

Randle and this top 5 pick?

We dont have anything else to offer
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I would be inclined to zero in on robin Lopez or Jordan, along with a combo guard or a wing.

This is something that fans should brace for. It's not a complete failure if we don't get the pick (though it would hurt the future tremendously). We would have room for a max and a mid tier free agent and the room exception plus our houston pick.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This is something that fans should brace for. It's not a complete failure if we don't get the pick (though it would hurt the future tremendously). We would have room for a max and a mid tier free agent and the room exception plus our houston pick.

Yeah but with the last 2 years being as painful as it is, we better get that top 5 pick... now if Clarkson does develop into a good starting PG, Randle at PF, Rookie top 5 Center, Kobe at the wing and sign another FA at wing...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah but with the last 2 years being as painful as it is, we better get that top 5 pick... now if Clarkson does develop into a good starting PG, Randle at PF, Rookie top 5 Center, Kobe at the wing and sign another FA at wing...

Of course we should get the pick. But fans should also brace for the chance we lose the top 5 pick too. Celtics were #4 last year and they fell to 6. Denver and Orlando are a few games back but not beyond the realm of possibility that they sneak into bottom 5 too.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We can't fall out of the 4 spot. At the 5 spot, we're really taking a chance. At the 4 spot, the pick has fallen out of the top 5 a total of 3 times since 2000, I believe; most of the time if falls down, it goes down a spot.

Now, the 3 spot is where it is at; it's only fallen out of the top 5 a total of 1 time since 2000 and won the lottery a total of 3 times. It has a higher chance of finishing in the top 3 while the top 4 doesn't, obviously. Point? Stay at 4 and try to get to 3 by the end of the season.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
It will take at least a top 3 pick and Randle to get Cousins. The Kings probably would want Clarkson too. That's just too much for someone who's never made the playoffs.

Kevin love never made playoffs and is not as dominant as cousins yet cost 2 1st pick and a 1st rounder

I will happy trade top 5 + randle/clarkson. Its or for randle, clarkson.
Have the deal in place by draft and execute on july 10-15.

We will have our cap space intact if we do it this way.

Sacramento is a MESS
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

Id go after Rondo for about $9million per then Id look at someone like Jordan or Lopez for that 5 spot. Id even look at seeing what it would take to bring Brook here also. Maybe throw Hill at Brooklyn because Lopez is a scorer down low and last I read they were open to trading him, OKC were intersted in getting him, Id also look at Josh Smith on a pro-rota deal also for athleticism and floor space so you would have something like this

Rondo
Kobe
Smith
Randle
Jordan/Lopez/Lopez

You could easy get the above with the amount of cap space we have, Their are a ton of veterans out there that you could sign for the minimum to fill out the roster and make a real go of it next season

Last edited by Liam_x7 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 343, 344, 345 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 344 of 2526
Jump to: