OFFICIAL 2015 Team Tank thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 483, 484, 485 ... 891, 892, 893  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:
I hope the Buss Family realize that they do not carry the same weight as their father. He is and was the Lakers.

Players came to him to play.

I don't agree. All it will take is getting a star player and others will follow.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
I hope the Buss Family realize that they do not carry the same weight as their father. He is and was the Lakers.

I don't agree. All it will take is getting a star player and others will follow.

Yeah but is a top 5 pick in this years draft super star talent? I would say Towns, Okafor, and Russell are more likely to be busts compared to their hype. I don't even really like the kid but admittedly so Mudiay could very well have the most upside?

I'd rather trade the pick for a young proven RFA or for a max player on a great deal, like Cousins.

I just feel like we are keeping our top 5 pick this season.

It will suck if I am wrong either way.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Uh-oh...

Quote:
@KevinDing:

No Westbrook or Durant for OKC at Lakers tomorrow.

This could be a 4 game streak...

Like that announcer for the White Sox says You can put it ooonnn Theeeeee boaaaaaaard NO!
FromTheWestSideWithLove
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Winslow at #4 or 5 doesn't look too bad. future 2 way player? decent 3
Nick the Quick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

Yeah but is a top 5 pick in this years draft super star talent? I would say Towns, Okafor, and Russell are more likely to be busts compared to their hype. I don't even really like the kid but admittedly so Mudiay could very well have the most upside?

I'd rather trade the pick for a young proven RFA or for a max player on a great deal, like Cousins.

I just feel like we are keeping our top 5 pick this season.

It will suck if I am wrong either way.

the top 3 picks will be legit nba players and accumulate a handful of all stars between them (barring major injuries). the rest of the draft, i'm not so confident on.

either way, you can get a star player in the draft (but will take years to develop), but we will also have the opportunity to sign that guy in a year. good players will always want to play with other talented players.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

HALFTIME

TORONTO - 47
NEW YORK - 50

HALFTIME:
MEMPHIS - 48
MINNY - 46

Last edited by pio2u on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:

No, other players wants to play with the stars, I mean guys were willing to sign with Cleveland for god sake, to play with LeBron, or you think they wanted to play for Dan Gilbert. Just like FA were willing to come to the Clippers because of Griffin and CP3, not because they like the Donald.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

No, other players wants to play with the stars, I mean guys were willing to sign with Cleveland for god sake, to play with LeBron, or you think they wanted to play for Dan Gilbert. Just like FA were willing to come to the Clippers because of Griffin and CP3, not because they like the Donald.

As I said a few posts back...you explained it better. We just need a star FA and others will follow.
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

As I said a few posts back...you explained it better. We just need a star FA and others will follow.

One thing Jerry Buss did was take of his players. There is no evidence to say that Gilbert does. Buss was all about winning and do what it takes. There is uncertainty because he is gone. Nobody trusts his son because hasn't made the best decisions. Of course other players want play with others because its easier.

How do we get that the player when this team is crap? Nobody wants to play RIGHT NOW because they we dont have much. How do we attract that superstar when there is a lot of expectations to live up to here in LA? Its easier to grow them than get them somewhere else. It takes a special player to want to be here and take it to the next level than say Houston when the expectations are lower and there is not hardly any pressure to compete every year.
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Knicks might pull this off. THJR playing off the wall and Bargs... Bargs really proving himself out there. Not watching atm, though, 'cause Muse but yeah.
Potato-Mania
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

One thing Jerry Buss did was take of his players. There is no evidence to say that Gilbert does. Buss was all about winning and do what it takes. There is uncertainty because he is gone. Nobody trusts his son because hasn't made the best decisions. Of course other players want play with others because its easier.

How do we get that the player when this team is crap? Nobody wants to play RIGHT NOW because they we dont have much. How do we attract that superstar when there is a lot of expectations to live up to here in LA? Its easier to grow them than get them somewhere else. It takes a special player to want to be here and take it to the next level than say Houston when the expectations are lower and there is not hardly any pressure to compete every year.

The next star will come from the draft. I would say trade but we won't have the assets to package for that type of player. Players want to go play with a team that is established or a team with a star. Dwight wasn't interested in Houston till Harden proved he was a star, Shaq came here but we were a playoff team, Lebron went back to Cleveland where they had a nice young star in Kyrie and an asset in the first overall pick.

I think people need to stop thinking we are gonna get a superstar free agent to come here just because we are the Lakers. Why would anyone want to waste their prime?

I remember reading that Bron tried to get Bosh to Cleveland first, and he said no. I don't think stars were willing to go to Cleveland.
Nick the Quick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject:

i hope we get towns, then wright, and maybe trade back into the late first for hollis jefferson
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Knicks up by 7 with less then 2 minutes left, BTW.
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Potato-Mania wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

The next star will come from the draft. I would say trade but we won't have the assets to package for that type of player. Players want to go play with a team that is established or a team with a star. Dwight wasn't interested in Houston till Harden proved he was a star, Shaq came here but we were a playoff team, Lebron went back to Cleveland where they had a nice young star in Kyrie and an asset in the first overall pick.

I think people need to stop thinking we are gonna get a superstar free agent to come here just because we are the Lakers. Why would anyone want to waste their prime?

I remember reading that Bron tried to get Bosh to Cleveland first, and he said no. I don't think stars were willing to go to Cleveland.

I am not looking for the next superstar in the draft. A superstar takes time to develop if they develop at all. But I do agree with you.
AIRZOOMKOBE2k5
Star Player
Star Player

SemperMalum wrote:

Sadly we will not catch the Knicks
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

Johnson is in action tonight
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Knicks about to win. Would have been 1 game out for the #1 spot. Smh
Nick the Quick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:

he looks awful
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject:

SemperMalum wrote:

People on LG just love to jinx games.

Edit: Anti-jinx works. Bam. Knicks win.
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
SemperMalum wrote:

People on LG just love to jinx games.

Edit: Anti-jinx works. Bam. Knicks win.

Or was that first one really a jinx? We'll never know.
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Nick the Quick wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

he looks awful

Like I said earlier he needs to stay in for a at least another year. He is now where near ready.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Adreian Payne is shooting 28% on the year. I remember people saying he was a top 10 pick last year and the most NBA ready. Anyone ready to admit they were wrong?
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Adreian Payne is shooting 28% on the year. I remember people saying he was a top 10 pick last year and the most NBA ready. Anyone ready to admit they were wrong?

You know, he's probably had more DNP games then he's probably shot in the season. Can't hold that against him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:

how many games has he played in , 10?
he looks like he'll be a very solid rebounder, and i expect his jumper to come along. I've seen some nervous bricks.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

SemperMalum wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:

You know, he's probably had more DNP games then he's probably shot in the season. Can't hold that against him.

Or could be coaches pulling him because he's no good. He's bricking off the front iron out there. It's embarrassing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 483, 484, 485 ... 891, 892, 893  Next
Page 484 of 893
Jump to: