Gasol the Bull (and the Laker, the Spur, and the Grizzly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@ESPNStatsInfo: Pau Gasol had 26 points and 16 rebounds tonight vs the Kings.

He now has 3 straight 20-15 games for the first time in his career.

Pau Gasol is nice
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject:

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Dgj6zTLao

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
Quote:
@ESPNStatsInfo: Pau Gasol had 26 points and 16 rebounds tonight vs the Kings.

He now has 3 straight 20-15 games for the first time in his career.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
danzag wrote:

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
TDRock wrote:
danzag wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
TDRock wrote:
danzag wrote:

Pau Gasol is nice
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm a fan of Pau but we're going to need him to stink it up to night and help Minnesota get a win.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I'm a fan of Pau but we're going to need him to stink it up to night and help Minnesota get a win.

You'll be happy to know, then, that he is NOT playing tonight due to illness.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Atta boy Pau! Tossing the tank an assist!
nutella
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
22 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
TDRock wrote:
danzag wrote:

it's like he used to play tennis... did he, maybe when he's a kid?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
TDRock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Atta boy Pau! Tossing the tank an assist!

Didn't help. Minnesota laid a huge egg. Nobody bothered to rebound or box out and let the Bulls players move at will.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Great pass by Pau. Dude is clutch

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/play-day-etwaun-moore-060247626.html
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

Tidbit: Pau leads the league in double-doubles this year and has more than last year, 42 - 30, though he has played the same number of games.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
The biggest mistake that was made was not trading Pau sooner when we could have gotten something good in return. Instead we did nothing and let him go for nothing.

You mean trading him again.
yep.
Pau deserved better.
Think Pop or SAN didn't get great offers for Parker in the 2007-2010 era? I'm sure they did?
I'm sure that if the coaching staff weren't being changed that move doesn't happen.
For Pau it was like being fired and having to go back to work again. For Lamar too.

I said it then, and I say it now. That was one of the worst decisions Lakers ever made. I wasn't against a smart Lamar Odom trade, but dealing Pau was strike 1 in my faith in this FO regime bringing another championship to the. Lakers. See how many rings the Clippers are winning, guys?

People thought I was too attached to Pau as a Laker or something like that. All it was - the chemistry and winning formula Pau and Kobe had shown. It's rare you can find a 1-2 punch that works that well. We made a big mistake. Chris Paul is very overrated in my book, even though he's a fantastic player.

Indeed. Good PG's are found by the truckload these days. Good PF/C's are rare in this league. That makes them a valuable commodity.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
The biggest mistake that was made was not trading Pau sooner when we could have gotten something good in return. Instead we did nothing and let him go for nothing.

yep.
Pau deserved better.
Think Pop or SAN didn't get great offers for Parker in the 2007-2010 era? I'm sure they did?
I'm sure that if the coaching staff weren't being changed that move doesn't happen.
For Pau it was like being fired and having to go back to work again. For Lamar too.

I said it then, and I say it now. That was one of the worst decisions Lakers ever made. I wasn't against a smart Lamar Odom trade, but dealing Pau was strike 1 in my faith in this FO regime bringing another championship to the. Lakers. See how many rings the Clippers are winning, guys?

People thought I was too attached to Pau as a Laker or something like that. All it was - the chemistry and winning formula Pau and Kobe had shown. It's rare you can find a 1-2 punch that works that well. We made a big mistake. Chris Paul is very overrated in my book, even though he's a fantastic player.

Indeed. Good PG's are found by the truckload these days. Good PF/C's are rare in this league. That makes them a valuable commodity.

We had just been swept out of the playoffs, and Pau wasn't getting any younger. Odom would have been replaced by David West, who is just as good and probably better, so the trade was effectively Pau for Chris Paul.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Tidbit: Pau leads the league in double-doubles this year and has more than last year, 42 - 30, though he has played the same number of games.

It's amazing the difference Thibs makes.
With MDA coaching Pau, lakerland kept calling the Spainard washed up.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Dang Pau, 27 and 16, not bad amigo.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:

He had a good game, but he almost blew it in the fourth by being too passive Brooks saved that game for the Bulls. Pau finally engaged in OT. Bulls are reeling. They're missing Rose, Noah, Butler, and Gibson. Four of their best five players are out right now. Crazy.
lenouveau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

To see Pau in green is unbearable

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
focus wrote:

He had a good game, but he almost blew it in the fourth by being too passive Brooks saved that game for the Bulls. Pau finally engaged in OT. Bulls are reeling. They're missing Rose, Noah, Butler, and Gibson. Four of their best five players are out right now. Crazy.

I don't think he was passive, I think he was legit tired. Half the team is on the damn bench it's truly ridiculous.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
focus wrote:

I don't think he was passive, I think he was legit tired. Half the team is on the damn bench it's truly ridiculous.

You're probably right. Thibs has been leaning on Pau more and more as each player goes down. Fingers crossed Pau stays healthy.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
rwongega wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
BennyLava wrote:

yep.
Pau deserved better.

We had just been swept out of the playoffs, and Pau wasn't getting any younger. Odom would have been replaced by David West, who is just as good and probably better, so the trade was effectively Pau for Chris Paul.

Yep. You don't pay for past performance, and Pau wasn't a championship caliber 2nd option by the time we traded him. I also think that Chris Paul is overrated, but you trade Pau & Lamar for him 10 times out of 10 if you can. The Clippers not winning championships is a very poor point that doesn't hold water. It's not like we were winning championships with Pau.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
rwongega wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
BennyLava wrote:

yep.
Pau deserved better.

Yeah, and there's something called loyalty, team chemistry and giving guys who win rings for you more than 1 playoff defeat in a season where Bryant had played on 1 healthy leg and their HC was dealing with cancer.

I'm not promising that Gasol/Kobe would have gone on to win rings but we'd be where the Spurs were before they had this resurgence. BTW, trading Odom at some point was a given.

In the end you should value players who go the extra mile for you. What Pau did for the franchise in 2008-2010 was worth more than being dealt away 1 season after that triumph over Boston.

Chris Paul is a very good player but I disagree he was worth all that. Note, when I talked about this way back then and I talk about it now, I'm always considering more than the basic talent swap of Gasol vs Paul. It's far far more than that. The Gasol we had up to that point (Phil Jackson slapping him and all) was the guy that made everything work within the flow and balance of the team.

All that said, the biggest hit came from Stern because not only did the Lakers never get the same Pau Gasol that the current Bulls are getting, they didn't land an all-star PG in his prime as well. It's not lost on me what type of (bleep) Stern was and how much the veto hurt.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Chris Paul is a very good player but I disagree he was worth all that. Note, when I talked about this way back then and I talk about it now, I'm always considering more than the basic talent swap of Gasol vs Paul. It's far far more than that. The Gasol we had up to that point (Phil Jackson slapping him and all) was the guy that made everything work within the flow and balance of the team.

All that said, the biggest hit came from Stern because not only did the Lakers never get the same Pau Gasol that the current Bulls are getting, they didn't land an all-star PG in his prime as well. It's not lost on me what type of (bleep) Stern was and how much the veto hurt.

This. 1000x this.
I didn't actually see the Dallas playoff series the year before, but 2011 playoffs was just not what we saw before. Maybe FO thought this was the beginning of him losing it. Obviously premature in retrospect. But Stern had a long long term effect on us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 24 of 28
Jump to: