Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

I have no problem waiting either. But still I want to get back as quickly and efficiently and possible. I hate losing and being the butt of jokes.

Our fan base looks like a bigger joke when they root to lose.

All smart fans in the league know that the Lakers news to lose to keep the pick. Our fans look like a joke as they celebrate wins that hurt the team!

Nope.

When a team is doing bad and the fans still support them and cheer for them, the fans don't look like a joke. The team might look like a joke because they're bad... but the fans are seen as loyal.

When they root to lose to try to artificially jump spots to get a better chance at a higher pick... that's just pretty pathetic. It's what I would have expected from Clippers fans a while back. It's the stuff Lakers fans would laugh at and say we'd never stoop that low.

Respect. I could care less about draft picks if it means sacrificing the integrity of our franchise
Quartz888
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

It is exciting to watch players giving their all to win.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

I have no problem waiting either. But still I want to get back as quickly and efficiently and possible. I hate losing and being the butt of jokes.

Our fan base looks like a bigger home when they root to lose.

Its the big picture thing. Lose now and win later. Okafor, Towns and Russell are really good prospects and would help the franchise a lot. But Mitch might have something up his sleeve on draft night.

Its kill the one to save the many type of thinking.

But it's not.

Missing out on a top 5 didn't guarantee bad things will happen. Getting it doesn't guarantee food things will happen.

It requires a blind man and/or a very dumb one to fail to recognize that the L column is the true Win column this season. If you weren't able to see that since the beggining of the season, there's no excuse not to see it since at least December of 2014.

So, yeah i'm saying you're the fake fan, and that you're rooting for the Lakers to lose in reality, winning meaningless regular season games. You're thinking like dumbscott, you're part of the problem.

smh

This is the type of behavior I would have expected from perennial losers like the Sterling Clippers. The fact that some Lakers fans haven't only stooped this low, but have resorted to calling those who want us to win as "fake fans" speaks volumes.

You dont see a person's (or an organization's) character when times are good. Instead it reveals itself in times of adversity.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

Our fan base looks like a bigger home when they root to lose.

Its the big picture thing. Lose now and win later. Okafor, Towns and Russell are really good prospects and would help the franchise a lot. But Mitch might have something up his sleeve on draft night.

Its kill the one to save the many type of thinking.

But it's not.

Missing out on a top 5 didn't guarantee bad things will happen. Getting it doesn't guarantee food things will happen.

It requires a blind man and/or a very dumb one to fail to recognize that the L column is the true Win column this season. If you weren't able to see that since the beggining of the season, there's no excuse not to see it since at least December of 2014.

So, yeah i'm saying you're the fake fan, and that you're rooting for the Lakers to lose in reality, winning meaningless regular season games. You're thinking like dumbscott, you're part of the problem.

smh

This is the type of behavior I would have expected from perennial losers like the Sterling Clippers. The fact that some Lakers fans haven't only stooped this low, but have resorted to calling those who want us to win as "fake fans" speaks volumes.

You dont see a person's (or an organization's) character when times are good. Instead it reveals itself in times of adversity.

It's just a sign of the times. Everyone ONLY wants to be Goliath, and if they're David, instead of wanting to try to beat Goliath, they're scared to even enter the ring. Once upon a time if you gave folks the choice of which is the better high - Being David and slaying Goliath? - or being Goliath and beating down David as everyone expects you to do? Folks would easily say they'd choose being David. Now we're in the lazy "Easy Path Only" times and folks can ONLY support Goliath.

I throughly enjoyed watching Odom overcome his past and morph into a champion, then watching Artest get added to the mix (although I pigheadedly hated the move at the time) to overcome his past as well. Part of the joy of watching that Lakers squad turn itself into champions was remembering things like the Smush, Luke, & Kwame playing their hearts out and the team getting one step better. Then watching Gasol get added to the mix to almost fininsh the development of that team. Then the arrival of Bynum being the force that put us over the top. That progression from the "Almost Upset" vs Phoenix against all odds; to that first loss against Boston after Gasol mania - to finally achieving the goal. I've very much looking forward to the new cast of characters that will build to it all over again. One draft pick is but a pea in the ocean in that process. It isn't the end all be all that many make it out to be. It won't be what makes, nor stops, the process.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:

Also, the reason many of us want to tank this year is so we are NOT IN THE SAME position next year. We fully expect the Lakers to be better next year, and the pick will hopefully not be as good.

Deja vu (that's for those of you who are old enough to remember last season).
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Then watching Gasol get added to the mix to almost fininsh the development of that team. Then the arrival of Bynum being the force that put us over the top.

Are you saying that we drafted Bynum after we traded Kwame for Gasol?
Funny, I remember Gasol being added to the team after we drafted Bynum, due to Bynum's knee injury/injuries.
And Gasol was the force that put us over the top, by helping us win regular season games while Bynum sat out.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Then watching Gasol get added to the mix to almost fininsh the development of that team. Then the arrival of Bynum being the force that put us over the top.

Are you saying that we drafted Bynum after we traded Kwame for Gasol?
Funny, I remember Gasol being added to the team after we drafted Bynum, due to Bynum's knee injury/injuries.
And Gasol was the force that put us over the top, by helping us win regular season games while Bynum sat out.

No. Bynum finally being an uninjured and capable presence was the final piece tothe puzzle to push them over the top. I'm not commenting on the chronological arrival, but rather at which point each players contributions pushed the team to the next level. Lack of a healthy competent Bynum left the team unable to get past the Celtics the first go around - even with Gasol. But a more healthy more competent Bynum was the last piece to get the team over the hump the second go around.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19
Jump to: