The Kevin Garnett Effect (and Kobe)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I also think that because KG is going to be a future owner of the team, those players are going to shape up now....no more screwing around, etc.

I don't think that's it. You had a crappy team filled with young players. Suddenly, a respected Hall of Famer, ring winner -- who has an exurberant personality -- is thrown into the mix. It's not surprising everyone is energized and affected by Garnett. I don't think it has anything to do with the possibility of him being a owner.

As to the OP, I don't think this means anything as far as Kobe. Kobe has been around as longer than anyone on the Lakers. His personality is not going to change. I don't see how he can come in and suddenly make a bigger impact, other than being healthy enough to stay on the court.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Minny is more talented than the Lakers at this point. They are back to full force with the return of Rubio and the addition of KG. They will win more games than the Lakers.
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

so kobe should show up and sit on the bench and have his every move or glance analyzed ..if he talks in the hddle, hes trying to coach and over shadow byron...anything he does would be criticized...at least he was there at some point, we havent seen nash at all...not once
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Is J.K. Simmons a good mentor in the movie Whiplash? If you think "Yes", well it's a bleeping movie!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject:

ignardlakerfan wrote:
so kobe should show up and sit on the bench and have his every move or glance analyzed ..if he talks in the hddle, hes trying to coach and over shadow byron...anything he does would be criticized...at least he was there at some point, we havent seen nash at all...not once

Exactly my point. Nash is killed for that. Oh the indignity of having guys like kobe and nash show up at games.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ That's when he was actually in practice/games. I haven't seen him in Staples since...Pau Gasol came by and it seemed it was only to say hi to him.

I agree with C-Dawg that it may seem pointless. But there are certainly lessons to be drawn from KG IMO for Kobe next year if he's not the dominant Kobe. There is a lot of great stuff for Kobe to pass on to the next Lakers group.

Well he is injured and KG is not. I remember back with Boston when KG missed a season he did not want to come to the games and sit on the bench. He eventually came to the playoff games I believe. And say what you will about Kobe but he did show up to the final Spurs/Lakers game playoff game on crouches 2 weeks after Achilles surgery.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject:

We can't have any added structure or leadership this season. We have games to lose.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
We can't have any added structure or leadership this season. We have games to lose.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:

fair point!
hollandog
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Kobe says just pass me the ball and get the f**k out of my way.
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject:

one is positive while the other is negative
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

Here's the latest snippet in a mountain of evidence about Kobe's mentoring. Those who genuinely and honestly want to know will appreciate it, those who don't won't and I couldn't care less.

Full article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2378820-a-season-lost-julius-randle-readies-his-mind-and-body-to-lead-lakers-from-abyss

Snippets:

Quote:
Repeatedly and without solicitation, Randle, during the interview with B/R, references tips Kobe Bryant has given him for this process as his keystones.

"One of the things I learned from Kobe: You focus on what you're dealing with now," Randle said. "Of course, you know the big picture, but I was just focused on what I was dealing with now. Getting the swelling out of my leg. Whatever I needed to do to build toward something. I was focused on the details more than looking at the big picture.

If you look at the big picture, you start losing your focus on the little things." Randle is also hopeful he will be able to work out in earnest this summer with Bryant, who will be looking to complete his own recovery from a torn rotator cuff.

Bryant previously vowed to stay on Randle during recovery, and Randle said Bryant has via talks and texts: "Seeing if I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. Going about my craft the right way. Building toward something. I learned that stuff from him."

Quote:
The kid who isn't even playing believes more than ever that he is worthy of Bryant passing him the torch.

"I'm paying my dues right now, doing whatever I have to do to be ready," Randle said. "But, of course, it's something you think about: Who wouldn't want to be in his position? Kob came in and paid his dues and eventually became the guy for the Lakers and someone they built around. Of course, that's something you think of as far as what you want for this organization and winning and what you want for yourself and your team.

"That's another thing I've learned from him: how he carries himself, what does he do, what's his mindset. So when you're put in a position or given an opportunity, you know how to be ready to approach it."

Nash is taking a similar approach with Clarkson
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: