COMPLAINTS ABOUT POSSIBLY LOSING PICK HERE ---->
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
D'Antoni's only chuckle is that he'll never coach again. Worst coach in the history of the game.

I would say the guy before him and the guy after him line the bottom of that barrel. I put MDA at a Del Harris level, good coach but not good enough to win it all.

Not good enough to win it all? He wasn't good enough to win one playoff game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
So Howard having the highest number of touches of any center ever in MDA's coaching career wasn't adapting to his talent? I disagree. Talent without fit doesn't win, we see that often in sports. And Pau and Dwight were a horrible fit. Horrible. At least with Pau and Bynum we had LO to play with one while the other sat. We didn't have that this time. And Dwight did leave because he didn't want to play with Kobe, he didn't want to play with Kobe's expectations of him.

Dwight got most of those touches after Kobe took over the system from MDA. That wasn't MDA's system.

And more like Pau and MDA were a horrible fit. Pau camped out shooting jumpers and complaining about his role in the system. MDA meanwhile firing back at Pau and saying he could post up whenever he wanted, remember that? Great respect going on there.

Got it. When he did change his system Kobe gets credit and MDA gets criticized for being inflexible. Pretty much SOP around here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
D'Antoni's only chuckle is that he'll never coach again. Worst coach in the history of the game.

I would say the guy before him and the guy after him line the bottom of that barrel. I put MDA at a Del Harris level, good coach but not good enough to win it all.

Not good enough to win it all? He wasn't good enough to win one playoff game.

Uhh, he actually won playoff series. Some against Phil and Kobe.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
So Howard having the highest number of touches of any center ever in MDA's coaching career wasn't adapting to his talent? I disagree. Talent without fit doesn't win, we see that often in sports. And Pau and Dwight were a horrible fit. Horrible. At least with Pau and Bynum we had LO to play with one while the other sat. We didn't have that this time. And Dwight did leave because he didn't want to play with Kobe, he didn't want to play with Kobe's expectations of him.

Dwight got most of those touches after Kobe took over the system from MDA. That wasn't MDA's system.

And more like Pau and MDA were a horrible fit. Pau camped out shooting jumpers and complaining about his role in the system. MDA meanwhile firing back at Pau and saying he could post up whenever he wanted, remember that? Great respect going on there.

Got it. When he did change his system Kobe gets credit and MDA gets criticized for being inflexible. Pretty much SOP around here.

Kobe changed it. Why should MDA get credit for something he didn't do?
And there is no SOP. Just you trying to twist facts to win an argument.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
DimesnD wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
King Randle wrote:

He's not that bad.

agreed. Not the worst. But he was no scapegoat. Desperately wanting to win with his system at all costs. Far worst than Scott. MD had the players for while and didn't do anything with it - misusing his team's strength. MD brought it on himself.

IMO Scott knows the stakes -he's pacing his wins to be marginally in/out of the top 5 barrier. The substitution pattern suggests such - recent win streak had to do with his better players finishing winnable games.

yup. In my eyes, Scott > MDA > Brown.

Mike Brown was simply awful.

2 of those 3 coaches made the Finals. People used to think more highly of Scott around here because he made the Finals twice. That shows how bad the East really was in those years.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
DimesnD wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
King Randle wrote:

He's not that bad.

agreed. Not the worst. But he was no scapegoat. Desperately wanting to win with his system at all costs. Far worst than Scott. MD had the players for while and didn't do anything with it - misusing his team's strength. MD brought it on himself.

IMO Scott knows the stakes -he's pacing his wins to be marginally in/out of the top 5 barrier. The substitution pattern suggests such - recent win streak had to do with his better players finishing winnable games.

I thought Kobe compromised his beliefs and system quite a bit by completely taking over and becoming de-facto head coach when he was here. Especially in the second half of his first season.

Fixed it for ya. You're welcome
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
I can't really grade Byron with this roster. D'antoni for a while had Dwight Howard, Gasol, and Kobe(playing like he was in his prime). Scott has Boozer, Lin, and Young.

This. Also he should get credit for handling Clarkson the right way. And glad the tank is back on track.

Also if Lin is used as 3rd guard you could do worse especially if he takes a paycut.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yeah. There are no mentions of the fact that MDA was never able to get the team to play his style of play either. That style doesn't start with the SG, it starts with the PG. The writing was on the wall when Nash had his worst game in as many minutes in his first game as a Laker since Kwame Brown was a Laker.

Pretty sure MDA likes to play through a point guard.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject:

And he started running the ball through Howard in the post. It was a negative for the team, but he was trying to keep him happy. Of course looking at actual game logs debunks the "Kobe changed the offense" myth that many here like to spout. It just isn't supported, at least not based off of Howard's touches in the paint. Which was the point of my post.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Exactly. D'antoni is a pretty decent coach if you compare him to guys like Brown and Scott.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Just stop following the Lakers until next season.

There will be about 5 of us left here to celebrate every win.

Can this man get a prize? This man deserves a prize.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
And he started running the ball through Howard in the post. It was a negative for the team, but he was trying to keep him happy. Of course looking at actual game logs debunks the "Kobe changed the offense" myth that many here like to spout. It just isn't supported, at least not based off of Howard's touches in the paint. Which was the point of my post.

And looking at the actual games debunks the myth that Kobe didn't change the offense.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

And looking at the actual games debunks the myth that Kobe didn't change the offense.

I don't think there is any dispute that the offense changed. It's about who changed it and why. Not sure kobe was the one deciding to feed the ball to Howard in the post.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject:

Kobe supposedly did tell Gasol to plant himself in the low post no matter what, against MDA's wishes, and then MDA went with it when it worked. Not sure if that's what people are referring to.

But anyway, that doesn't change that MDA, with his flaws, was still better than the other two head coaches around him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Kobe supposedly did tell Gasol to plant himself in the low post no matter what, against MDA's wishes, and then MDA went with it when it worked. Not sure if that's what people are referring to.

But anyway, that doesn't change that MDA, with his flaws, was still better than the other two head coaches around him.

MDA may end up in Denver. He & Lawson would work but it would hurt Faried's career because he's not a "stretch" player.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

MDA may end up in Denver. He & Lawson would work but it would hurt Faried's career because he's not a "stretch" player.

He would put Faried in the "Ceballos area" on the baseline, where he'll be fine.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

If you choose to believe that Kobe changed it and not MDA to support your fantasy that Kobe is responsible for all things great with the Lakers, then you won't change your mind. If you look at things rationally, you will see that MDA changed his offense to a large degree to work in Howard. Bias is a strong feeling though, and reality often is skewed by it. Look at MDA's offense in Phoenix and NY, and then LA. If you think they were the same, then you really aren't looking.
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rEbAwxHCTp4

I'm already locked n loaded for 2016 tank if we lose pick.... Diamond Stone..
Andrew Bynum 2.0 may be a good fit
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

(bleep) everybody who balled out of control during the 3 game winning streak.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:

I feel much better now!
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:

I feel much better now!

Me too
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12
Jump to: