Jordan Hill... Return for 2015-2016?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Jordan Hill... Return for 2015-2016?

Kid isn't so shabby. Can board, money in mid range jumper, one of the most agile centers in the league. Nasty streak, and surprising post game. Would you guys want the kid to come back?
kwyitkilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Sure but for nowhere near his current contract
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Depends who they bring back. Will the Lakers get a legitimate center in the draft or free agency? Is Black or Davis coming back? All questions that will need to be answered.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject:

If Jordan Hill is playing for us next year, it'll be because another disappointing offseason caused us to go with plan B...or maybe plan C.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Money midrange? 37%?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject:

For PF or C we already have Kelly, Black, Sacre and Randle on contract. So unless they're traded in the off-season, they're coming back.

Our top priority should be to get a good defensive C. We can't have Hill's money get in the way of that.

If we were to bring back other bigs from this season, I'd rather we bring back Davis. He'd be cheaper than picking up Hill's option.

If we can't do that, then Boozer would be a better option than Hill.

But even without those two, after adding a center we won't have too many minutes to spread around. And then we would need to work on our next priority; SF.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject:

For vets min yes
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
For PF or C we already have Kelly, Black, Sacre and Randle on contract. So unless they're traded in the off-season, they're coming back.

Our top priority should be to get a good defensive C. We can't have Hill's money get in the way of that.

If we were to bring back other bigs from this season, I'd rather we bring back Davis. He'd be cheaper than picking up Hill's option.

But even without those two, after adding a center we won't have too many minutes to spread around. And then we would need to work on our next priority; SF.

Not necessarily true. They might keep Jordan as trade bait for next year if we don't land anyone.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers aren't gonna trade him in the summer. Sure I like to see him stay as long he's not a starter. I think he plays better off the bench.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject:

pls no
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:55 am    Post subject:

Maybe if he started shooting 37% from three and protected the paint.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

It could be a possibility. He would make a nice first big man off the bench at either C or PF. I do not think he is as over-priced as many do.

Also depends if the Lakers are picking a center with a top 5 pick. It would make more sense then. They would not have the luxury in cap room to bring in a free agent center and then pay Hill.

I do not see Boozer returning. He will move on to a playoff team and come off the bench. He has had a nice season and will get paid next year. Randle will be playing his mpg.

Patience in the rebuild would look something like -Center Towns/WCS, Hill and Sacre. PF= Randle, Black, Kelly then go all out for a starter level SF in free agency. Davis would be a nice re-sign but many are speculating he will be paid almost as much as Hill is getting. I would have no problem with creating a roster spot for him by trading Kelly. Will be interesting to see how many current guys are brought back.

I look at Lin in the same way. If Clarkson is developing and gaining the confidence of the team over the summer. Will they continue to go after a marquee FA PG? Lin on a slightly cheaper contract may be a good option.

So much depends on the top 5 pick, if they even get to use it! And if any of the elite free agents can be lured. For me the upgrade should be on a under 25yr old SF.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject:

No thanks.

100% no if team option ($9m). I think I'm 100% he's not back in that capacity.

50% if we miss out on everyone, and 1 year deal at 6m.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject:

There is no way in hell he comes back at $9 million...unless we lose our pick and no FA's want to come here. then we may have no choice. It'll be more of the same
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject:

HALF ASS HILL
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
There is no way in hell he comes back at $9 million...unless we lose our pick and no FA's want to come here. then we may have no choice. It'll be more of the same

It's a team option and we will not pick it up before free agency. No way we will lose $9m off our cap space right off the bat.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject:

I don't want any of these bums back! The only ones I want back from this year's roster are Clarkson, Kobe and Randle.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject:

Please no.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
I don't want any of these bums back! The only ones I want back from this year's roster are Clarkson, Kobe and Randle.

I don't mind T.Black and Kelly too. If Wes wants slightly above the vet's min, I don't mind offering it after we finish spending our cap space (we have early bird rights and he has a small cap hold).
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject:

I know it's a team option...I'm saying we wont pick it up...but we may sign him again if no FA's want to come here and we lose our pick. But please whatever we do Kelly and Sacre are 2 of the biggest pieces of u know what in the league...there's no way we should bring them back. Wes as a back-up 3 at the minimum and Davis at $2 million a year are the only bench guys I would consider. Clarkson comes back obviously.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
I know it's a team option...I'm saying we wont pick it up...but we may sign him again if no FA's want to come here and we lose our pick. But please whatever we do Kelly and Sacre are 2 of the biggest pieces of u know what in the league...there's no way we should bring them back. Wes as a back-up 3 at the minimum and Davis at $2 million a year are the only bench guys I would consider. Clarkson comes back obviously.

I agree. 0% chance we pick up his option. We'd renounce his rights and he's like a normal free agent to us. I'm not big on him at all.
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Ryan Kelly is garbage in comparison to Hill come on now. Someone like Tyson Chandler or Asik is what we need in the middle with IF Hill comes back slotting in at the 4. A Hill and Chandler frontcourt is a solid rebounding duo, or Asik instead of Chandler

Both would be solid upgrades as to what we have now. Boozer's gone, Kelly is too soft looks like hes never been in a fight in his life, Sacre is a career backup C and Tarik Black is massively undersized for the Center spot

The Center posistion needs investment
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject:

Blade wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Ryan Kelly is garbage in comparison to Hill come on now. Someone like Tyson Chandler or Asik is what we need in the middle with IF Hill comes back slotting in at the 4. A Hill and Chandler frontcourt is a solid rebounding duo, or Asik instead of Chandler

Both would be solid upgrades as to what we have now. Boozer's gone, Kelly is too soft looks like hes never been in a fight in his life, Sacre is a career backup C and Tarik Black is massively undersized for the Center spot

Hill/Chandler is a waste together. That's your entire offseason cap space right there.
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Blade wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Hill/Chandler is a waste together. That's your entire offseason cap space right there.
Yeah your right, Well Id look at Thomas Robinson to bring in along with a 7'0 center like Asik or Chandler. They have to get a Center this summer, Someone who can protect the rim and alter shots. Both would fit the bill if the price was right especially Asik
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject:

Blade wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Blade wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Yeah your right, Well Id look at Thomas Robinson to bring in along with a 7'0 center like Asik or Chandler. They have to get a Center this summer, Someone who can protect the rim and alter shots. Both would fit the bill if the price was right especially Asik

Asik has been highly disappointing. Not sure I'd sink 12m+ in a guy who can't score to save his life.

The top guy I'm going for is Deandre Jordan, who likely re-signs.

If he's off the table, Robin Lopez (good mix of age, defense/offense, not a liability at the FT line). I think he can be had for $12-13m.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: