jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I wonder how they felt when they found out they were punked?

I'm sure they were in on it. They call themselves the "Men in Blazers" and do a lot of satirical soccer analysis. They're pretty funny.

Yeah. I also don't see Pacquiao as the type of guy that would punk someone like that. He's too much of a nice guy.

When I showed it to my wife I prefaced it as a "skit".

Yeah, that's true. It could've been scripted. Still couldn't stop laughing, when seeing it.

Now that you guys mentioned it, it does seem scripted. Still pretty funny though.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:36 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
He shouldn't have been let go in the first place ......

I thought Garcia quit. He was working Bey's corner and left it during the fight to wrap Floyd's hands. Floyd said because it was the biggest fight of Bey's career he thought it only right for Garcia to stay with him. I don't think Floyd fired him, I thought he quit out of pride.

Yeah, I remember it being a little bit of both. Like, Floyd told him he didn't need him to wrap his hands anymore, but on top of that Floyd also made a statement saying that it's the best he's felt his hands wrapped ever. So, to a certain extent, Floyd made implications that maybe Rafael wouldn't wrap his hands for his future fights, but never really let him go. Rafael probably took that as if Floyd not needing him anymore and decided to "retire." All in all, there seemed to be a lot of confusion and differences after the 2nd Maidana fight, but at the end of the day, I don't think anybody wants to be left out in the cold for this payday.

How are the guys on the team normally paid in boxing?

<--Only watches a huge fight event here and there.

Varies. Top trainers will probably get between 3-5% of the fighters purse. Some may go a little higher. That's for eight weeks. Cut men will usually get a flat fee and comp tickets. No need in paying that dude if the fighter doesn't get hit. I know Floyd probably takes care of Garcia. Now if you had a guy like Gatti or Gabe Rosales, who splits their skin when they sneeze, cut man might be paid a little more.

Strength coach and chef are probably paid like regular employees, especially like Floyd's, whom he can afford to pay year round. Some just pay for that camp and then will bring them back once the next camp starts. That's why you see Roach wanting to fight Floyd because he knows out of Manny's 80M, he's probably gonna see maybe 4-6M. Not bad.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject:

Freaking genius way to advertise!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2385879-report-celebrities-can-have-free-tickets-to-mayweather-pacquiao-if-they-are-ads

I guess we'll have to keep an eye out for celebs in the front rows that have ads splattered all over their clothes!...

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject:

Seriously? I didn't know that Bieber is gonna make his pro debut as a boxer on the undercard...hahaha

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Justin-Bieber-challenged-fight-Britain-s-worst/story-26124772-detail/story.html

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject:

Roy Jones apparently sending one of his fighters over to Wild Card to potentially help Manny as sparring partner.

http://rp1.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/03/05/15/roy-jones-offers-help-pacquiao

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Seriously? I didn't know that Bieber is gonna make his pro debut as a boxer on the undercard...hahaha

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Justin-Bieber-challenged-fight-Britain-s-worst/story-26124772-detail/story.html

The Beliebers may tune into the Showtime pre dights to see him scrap.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

I'd tune in, just to see him get KTFO!...lol

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject:

Stylistically, I think I found a fight that could end up similar to Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Stylistically, I think I found a fight that could end up similar to Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

there's no way Floyd drops manny in the first round.. but I see what you're saying.

B-hop has more power than floyd..
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

there's no way Floyd drops manny in the first round.. but I see what you're saying.

B-hop has more power than floyd..

Oh, I'm not saying knockdowns will happen at all, but just stylistically, the advantages for both fighters are very similar:

Hopkins was the better defensive fighter than Calzaghe. Great technician and counter-punching. Calzaghe was offensive minded fighter with a good combination of speed and power, southpaw, and threw punches in bunches. The biggest difference between that fight vs. Manny and Floyd, is that there really isn't a noticeable speed advantage from either side, whereas Calzaghe was seen to have the speed advantage when he fought B-Hop.

Granted, Hopkins was already supposed to be on the "down-side" of his career, but he proved to be one of the greatest by what he's done in the past few years. And that fight with Calzaghe was still a split decision...very close.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

So he actually is going to fight somebody? I gotta see this!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Floyd Mayweather Jr. will be too good for Manny Pacquiao on May 2

LINK

Quote:
Mayweather will have more to do with how this fight unfolds than Pacquiao because he is one of the most gifted all-around boxers in half a century. If Mayweather wants this fight to contain some toe-to-toe exchanges, it will. If he doesn’t, it won’t. But again, the feeling here is that Mayweather won’t want to use a stage of this size to go out there and put people to sleep.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

I think Mayweather will be too good for Manny. At any point in time I think Floyd would be the better of the 2, but it would've been closer had they fought in their primes.

Manny has regressed at this point more than Floyd has, I definitely feel like Floyd has an advantage in this respect.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Floyd Mayweather Jr. will be too good for Manny Pacquiao on May 2

LINK

Quote:
Mayweather will have more to do with how this fight unfolds than Pacquiao because he is one of the most gifted all-around boxers in half a century. If Mayweather wants this fight to contain some toe-to-toe exchanges, it will. If he doesn’t, it won’t. But again, the feeling here is that Mayweather won’t want to use a stage of this size to go out there and put people to sleep.

From the article

Highly disagree.if mayweather wants this fight to contain some toe toe it will if he doesn't it won't . The would mean being on your legs for 12 rounds and I don't think he has it in him anymore. After the first maidana fight he said he wanted to give the fans a fight. Bull. He doesn't have the legs to move 12 rounds anymore. Old mayweather with his legs no way. This mayweather their is a chance
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Mayweather is going down.

People underestimate Pacquiao. I hope Mayweather is one of those people.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

I don't think he will. I think both fighters will train hard for this fight.

On a side note, Pacman is -240. I think I'll be laying for sure. Odds will be tighter close to fight night.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I don't think he will. I think both fighters will train hard for this fight.

On a side note, Pacman is -240. I think I'll be laying for sure. Odds will be tighter close to fight night.

holy crap.. I'm jumping on that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

Skip and Screamin A interviewed Manny today

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

Don't forget. Live Press Conference available for streaming, for those not able to access TV broadcast:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/12173/floyd-manny-presser-live-on-sportscenter

Only 1 hour and 2o minutes until I feel a little better about where this fight is. Still remaining skeptical, until they're face to face, but it doesn't stop me from tracking all the news and vids....LOL

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

Gotta love Brother Naazim! He always tells it like it is, no bias, no b.s., no excuses! And, he remains respectful. Brother Naazim is an awesome example, of someone who knows his stuff and also is an inspiration story, having come back from his stroke to do what he's done with Bernard.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Showtime's live Youtube link for the presser today (starts in about 15 min):

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Published on Mar 11, 2015
Manny Pacquiao shows off his shadow boxing in the street as he begins second week of training for Floyd Mayweather fight.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Channel 221 on your Directv dial and ESPN
Arum is brutal.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject:

did anyone see floyd sr get to the podium? the youtube link seems to have skipped it.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Ken Hershman messed up. He said that Manny made his US debut with Floyd headlining the card...that's wrong. It was Oscar who was headlining.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 10 of 59
Jump to: