Starters vs S(cr)ubs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggeasy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:

Lin at best is a decent point guard, he will never be the starting point guard for a championship team, he would however make a nice backup on one.

As my favorite singer used to say, never say never!
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
KobesRevenge wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
^
a nice analysis. another Lin's strength is running fast breaks. Lin is probably as good as anybody running an uptempo fast break offense... when the lakers' defense got a lot stops and steals and put the ball in lin's hand and run, watch out, a lot of easy baskets from Lin and his passes...

I agree with you. There are a lot of strengths (and weaknesses) that Lin has that I left out. I just wanted to list what I thought was his main problem on this team.

Stats show Lin is elite as a ball handler in the P&R. Davis tested out at 95 percentile last year as the roll man in the P&R. That is elite as well. Stats also show that Lin is mediocre in ISOs. So that does Scott do? He separates Lin & Davis for most of the season and has Lin ISO most of the time.

Lin also does well in an uptempo offense. We just don't have anyone running the floor. Coaches decision. This is also a problem for Lin, but I don't believe its his main one.

Lin has also become a decent spot up shooter. Much better than his Linsanity days. But how often have you seen him wide open waving for the ball from the 3 point line while Kobe shoots a long 2 over a triple team?

Lin at best is a decent point guard, he will never be the starting point guard for a championship team, he would however make a nice backup on one.

I totally disagree. If he played with Lebron and Bosh, he could be. I even think he'd do the job with SA with Ginobili, Duncan, Leonard, etc. in place of Parker.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
KobesRevenge wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
^
a nice analysis. another Lin's strength is running fast breaks. Lin is probably as good as anybody running an uptempo fast break offense... when the lakers' defense got a lot stops and steals and put the ball in lin's hand and run, watch out, a lot of easy baskets from Lin and his passes...

I agree with you. There are a lot of strengths (and weaknesses) that Lin has that I left out. I just wanted to list what I thought was his main problem on this team.

Stats show Lin is elite as a ball handler in the P&R. Davis tested out at 95 percentile last year as the roll man in the P&R. That is elite as well. Stats also show that Lin is mediocre in ISOs. So that does Scott do? He separates Lin & Davis for most of the season and has Lin ISO most of the time.

Lin also does well in an uptempo offense. We just don't have anyone running the floor. Coaches decision. This is also a problem for Lin, but I don't believe its his main one.

Lin has also become a decent spot up shooter. Much better than his Linsanity days. But how often have you seen him wide open waving for the ball from the 3 point line while Kobe shoots a long 2 over a triple team?

Lol, starting pg of for a championship team means precisely nothing. Lin is better than many starting pg of championship team, while at the same time is no where near many pg's that had never won any chip
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: