Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
I was half expecting for Boyd to get killed but part of me knew it wasn't gonna happen that way if he was gonna die. Too much tension, if they kill off a main character it'll be a quick death.

Loretta has got some balls on her. She is gonna play a big part in how everything ends between Ralyan, Boyd and Markham AKA the Dude's narrator, IMO.

Yeah, the scene that had me on edge was the last one with Boyd and Ava. I expected him to sit down and quickly shoot her dead as she tried to talk her way out.

Wow good call. I think it further pointed out Boyd's weakness for Eva. When using Eva, I don't think Raylan was banking on Boyd not finding out, he was banking on Boyd's blind desire for Eva to bring him down. If he wasn't going to shoot her after snitching, and now her uncle attempted to kill him (twice) it's not going to happen. We already ended up back at Bulletville, if we end up back at the table one thing that won't happen is Boyd offing Eva...unless Raylan's knocking her boots that is.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject:

Predictions:

Raylan gets into a quick-draw gun fight with Marcums man from Colorado.

Marcum ends up killing someone close to Raylan (hope it's not his wife/kid)

Raylan and Boyd begrudgingly team up to get Marcum.

Raylan ends up back in Miami, where it all began

Boyd ends up back in Harlen, harvesting weed.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject:

shiiiiieeeeettt
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Predictions:

Raylan gets into a quick-draw gun fight with Marcums man from Colorado.

Marcum ends up killing someone close to Raylan (hope it's not his wife/kid)

Raylan and Boyd begrudgingly team up to get Marcum.

Raylan ends up back in Miami, where it all began

Boyd ends up back in Harlen, harvesting weed.

Bolded ones look very likely after tonight.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Marcum hasn't shown enough of his wrath so far. He knows how loyal Boon is and if he used up the people of Colorado, Boon will be no different. I still think Boon doesn't take down Raylan but Boon gets killed "unjustified" Maybe Marcum cleans up or actually swaps his gun for a toy (sort of unrealistic but it would be funny given the references). It seems Marcum needs Raylan to catch "fugitive #1" to get his money, but he can't take all that land from those people with Boyd and Raylan still around. So maybe we end up with a showdown of the three with Boyd somehow being the non-fugitive. This is crazy, anything can happen and with Limehouse around anyone could leave in theory but none of them will really leave Harlan alive. They really brought it this year, enjoying the ride.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Marcum hasn't shown enough of his wrath so far. He knows how loyal Boon is and if he used up the people of Colorado, Boon will be no different. I still think Boon doesn't take down Raylan but Boon gets killed "unjustified" Maybe Marcum cleans up or actually swaps his gun for a toy (sort of unrealistic but it would be funny given the references). It seems Marcum needs Raylan to catch "fugitive #1" to get his money, but he can't take all that land from those people with Boyd and Raylan still around. So maybe we end up with a showdown of the three with Boyd somehow being the non-fugitive. This is crazy, anything can happen and with Limehouse around anyone could leave in theory but none of them will really leave Harlan alive. They really brought it this year, enjoying the ride.

Markham comes across to me as the ruthless dictator who isn't exactly great at being "hands-on," sort of like Samuel L Jackson's character in Kingsman. He may be evil incarnate, but like he says, he needs surrogates like Boon to really exact his "wrath."

Besides Boon though (who I think is a great character -- mega props to that actor), I'm intrigued by the whole Ava thing. Glad they stopped (bleep) footing around with her and Boyd. The way things are, it looks like Boyd and Raylan will be working together again a la season 1, rather than end up in a fight to the death between themselves (as Raylan and Tim talked about this episode).
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject:

"I'm not sure where to start"
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Where there's a Wynn, there's a way!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject:

Who was Boyd following at the end of the episode?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Good penultimate episode. They really want us to hate Boyd. Good news is it looks like Raylan is going to go out Jack Bauer season 8 style.

I say the show ends with him and Boon stalemating on a quick draw, with Boon missing and Raylan getting the headshot. Final line of the show: "it was justified."
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Who shot boyd? Raylan or bob?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Who shot boyd? Raylan or bob?

Neither, Boyd shot Bob and then got hit by the blast wave of a TNT explosion.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject:

Would say I can't wait for next week but it's ending too soon!! With every thing that Boyd has dodged in the past few episodes, his pearly whites almost did him in lol. Anyone notice what Ava dropped? Plastic ties, gator teeth, phone, something else? It was too dark but they zoomed in on something.

Big shin dig goin down in a week though!!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

Boyd's conversation in the car with Eli(from boardwalk empire) was great. Talking about playing by the rules. And ending it with "I'm an outlaw." That was awesome.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Man, how can a "happy" ending leave me feeling so sad.

"We dug coal together."

I had a feeling, like most, that Raylan and Marcum's cowboy would have an old west shootout. And after last episode when he shot that kid Loretta was with and said that the kid wasted time trying to go for a headshot, I knew that that would probably foreshadow something. And that's why he lost, he went for the headshot(almost got it though) while Raylan just shot to put him down. Always one step ahead.

Kind of sucks that Raylan and Winnona didn't end up together but it makes sense.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject:

At least he didn't end up working in a logging camp

And I really loved the quickdraw fight. They both drew and fired basically simultaneously, but Raylan got to show off his superpower one last time: accuracy. Even with the sun in his eyes he drilled Boon in the heart.

Boon showed he wasn't all talk as well. Raylan has never lost a quickdraw before in terms of speed, but Boon proved to be just as fast if not a hair faster. Just he overcompensated for the hat, which was a nice touch. A few CMs lower and Raylan is dead.

All in all a great series finale, but also a saddening one despite the fact that no main characters died. It really brought it all back to the pilot episode. As they say, the more things change, the more they stay the same...
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Nice observation. I didn't even think about the hat being a factor but you make a good point.

My heart dropped into my stomach for a second when Boon's truck showed up as the song "you'll never leave Harlan alive" played. They got me scared, lol.

And it really did come full circle with the Boyd/Raylan confrontation. Raylan making him draw on him so he could put him down, just like the first scene of the pilot episode. I like how they hate each other but deep down, have an unspoken respect for each other. Really one of the best relationships I've seen on tv be of how complicated it was and the depth of each character along with their history. I'm really gonna miss it.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Have to agree with you guys said more or less. The end with Boyd and Raylan, just on point. Best series finale I've ever seen. And definitely the very best very end of a series finale. Satisfying, and will be satisfying to watch the series again in 5 years or so. Was rooting hard for Ava to come out ok. Loretta putting her foot down, yes. He had it coming.

Markhams death was about right, wonder what happened to Bob, and how Loretta ended up. And Wynn, so funny and creepy all along these seasons. And he surfs away.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Watched the first episode right before the finale, it was good closure on a great series. It was sad having to see it go, they totally rebounded from last year and then some. The shootout was well done and realistic. I'm a bit confused on Rachael sending the California newspaper clipping to Raylan. She mostly went by the book, but even if she did it as a favor for him someone must have forwarded it to her and still not closed the deal. The Boyd/Raylan scenes were great. There were so many characters that were "all in" but they still gave them a lot of the finale. After BrBa, this was the best show left on TV IMO.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Have to agree with you guys said more or less. The end with Boyd and Raylan, just on point. Best series finale I've ever seen. And definitely the very best very end of a series finale. Satisfying, and will be satisfying to watch the series again in 5 years or so. Was rooting hard for Ava to come out ok. Loretta putting her foot down, yes. He had it coming.

Markhams death was about right, wonder what happened to Bob, and how Loretta ended up. And Wynn, so funny and creepy all along these seasons. And he surfs away.

Boon's death also served as Loretta's coronation as new Queen of Harlan
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject:

^ Yeah, I was happy to see Loretta finally get to have revenge on Boon while simultaneously paying Raylan back by saving his life after he's saved hers a few times. I was half expecting an Iron Man 3 type dialogue between the two: "I saved your life"
"Yeah. A: Saved you first, B: Thanks, sort of, and C: If you do someone a solid, don't be a yutz, alright? Just play it cool otherwise you come off grandiose."

Loretta definitely played it cool.

Also, when Boyd asked Ava "why?", it makes you completely forget about him being the bad guy outlaw and you feel bad for him. She kind of humanized him and he was gonna give it all up but ironically she was the only one didn't see that and crossed him thinking he'd do it to her when she was the one person he never would have done that to. It was really beautifully written, their relationship.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:12 am    Post subject:

Good series finale. Great show overall. I will miss it.
Raylan and Boyd were great characters.
Alot of good monologues through the years. Alot of cop shows bore me, but this was the rare exception.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

It's the morning after, and I hit a new wave of sadness. This is one of the few shows that I "found" and that few others knew about despite it's greatness.

Part of me still can't believe it's over for good! Maybe we'll get an encore season on Netflix in five years
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject:

The final scene was great, although a bit of a Broke back situation, to quote the Zen Master. Anyone else find Raylan's teary-eyed response more personal than simply digging coal together?

I was almost preparing for Raylan to die at that shootout and Ava and LeAnn to split that money up, but was happy they went the way they did. Solid show, solid series.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: