Shelburne answers: "Who Jim Buss would draft if we had the #1 Pick"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject:

RMurphy_22 wrote:
Okafor is really growing on me if we had 1st pick. He seems to have the ability to make an immediate impact and still have a lot of room to grow in the future. Even with he's defensive weakness, I'll gamble he learns to play NBA D and lives up to the hype.

They would draft him 1. I don't think it's any question. Still have the bigman rules mentality. Just like they went with a much rawer Big Drew the first chance they could.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
kikanga wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
If the Lakers have the #1 pick, I do not care for the upside pick. I want a stable cornerstone/foundational player like Jahlil Okafor who can average 18 pts and 10 reb for this Laker team.

18/10 doesn't matter to me if the guy is playing defense like Pau Gasol the past few years he was here. Pau was an 18/10 player too.

You and Voices got no love for Pau. Don't be like that! He was a critical piece in 2 championship teams and 3 finals appearances. He outplayed Kobe multiple times for stretches of seasons and playoff series.

I got no love for the player Pau became. I love him when he cared, but there came a point in the 2011 season when he just stopped giving a (bleep), and it mostly showed in his defense. Our Center defense these past years has soured on me guys that can't protect the rim.

Can't knock that assessment. It's so easy to forget that there were 2 Paus because even now he's capable of a 20/12 game with the Bulls. However, if you watched a 2008-10 video of Pau, you'd immediately see the difference, even though he had his soft games here and there back then. One of the differences is that he could go back to Gastrong the next game to make up for it. By 2011, he was done caring, I think. On the day we got him, I called friends and Lakerfan family about the glorious trade and stated, "We're gonna win a title again, no doubt." (I said it that day, yes Sir, I'll testify in open court that I knew right then, on 2/1/08). Sending Kwame to purgatory was the icing on the cake. Remember that gm vs Phx where the crowd finally gave it to him? Man, he was feckless that night, he blew a 2 handed open dunk iirc. Had about 4 TOs in a row. Kobe called the booers idiots, but I think he knew deep down what the deal was. He got too much sh for not supporting lousy teammates that he had to overextend his support to Kwamay and Luke.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

CaliRyderX wrote:

I have no faith in Jim Buss and Mitch Kupcake.

Considering that you have shown that you have no idea what is going on in the Laker's FO, that has little meaning.
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:

I have no faith in Jim Buss and Mitch Kupcake.

Considering that you have shown that you have no idea what is going on in the Laker's FO, that has little meaning.

That is your opinion, however I still don't have any faith in Jim Buss and Mitch Kupcake.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: