No
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: James O'Keefe exposes Cornell's pro-ISIS stance

O'Keefe's idea of investigative journalism = Beating up on some overweight paper-pusher who goes to work in a pullover sweatshirt.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: James O'Keefe exposes Cornell's pro-ISIS stance

CandyCanes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-wF9FVxV9w

O'Keefe's idea of investigative journalism = Beating up on some overweight paper-pusher who goes to work in a pullover sweatshirt.

When's your upcoming flight to Turkey?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Ah, I knew I could smell the anti-patriotism in Ithaca, this must be the source.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm not really sure where to start. Sending ISIS "freedom fighters" care packages is a big red line IMO. Sending distressed families of ISIS care packages isn't particularly horrible. Except how would they know these families aren't just as devoted as their twisted family members? I know it's just a big hypothetical setup by this "undercover reporter" but I find it kind of ridiculous to target an assistant dean who's job it is to support/encourage students to think outside the box. Millions of human lives have been lost due to lack of communication/education throughout our worlds history. It's both morally and ethically healthy to be well informed in any situation. Especially war.

Personally, I would be happy as hell to see an ISIS militant struggle to explain their barbaric values to a large group of American Ivy League students. I say bring him/her over.

I feel bad for this faculty member at Ithaca, and I find it despicable to see this journalist and his cronies attempting to vilify him.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: James O'Keefe exposes Cornell's pro-ISIS stance

rwongega wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-wF9FVxV9w

When's your upcoming flight to Turkey?

I leave tomorrow.

(Actually going to Brooklyn because I see no point in going back to Santa Clarita for eleven days of Spring Break. The flight is horrendous.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
I'm not really sure where to start. Sending ISIS "freedom fighters" care packages is a big red line IMO. Sending distressed families of ISIS care packages isn't particularly horrible. Except how would they know these families aren't just as devoted as their twisted family members? I know it's just a big hypothetical setup by this "undercover reporter" but I find it kind of ridiculous to target an assistant dean who's job it is to support/encourage students to think outside the box. Millions of human lives have been lost due to lack of communication/education throughout our worlds history. It's both morally and ethically healthy to be well informed in any situation. Especially war.

Personally, I would be happy as hell to see an ISIS militant struggle to explain their barbaric values to a large group of American Ivy League students. I say bring him/her over.

I feel bad for this faculty member at Ithaca, and I find it despicable to see this journalist and his cronies attempting to vilify him.

"Assistant Dean" is not a high-ranking position at all. The guy is a glorified paper-pusher. It would be like if he interviewed the Lakers' video coordinator and claimed that he represented the entire organization.

I don't even think he knew what the "journalist was talking about. The "journalist" never even directly said "ISIS," though he did mention HAMAS at one point.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject:

Ah, YouTube journalism.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

You know that you guys would be all over this if it was some liberal guy doing this at a conservative-leaning institution.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject:

Below is a link to a "gotcha" moment worth thinking about ...

http://greenpeaceblogs.org/2015/03/24/lobbyist-claims-pesticide-safe-drink-refuses-try/

Wouldn't our nation (and the world) be a much healthier, enriching place if citizens like O'Keefe and Dr. Moore wandered over to a gorge somewhere (maybe Ithaca, maybe elsewhere) for a moment of introspection ... ?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
You know that you guys would be all over this if it was some liberal guy doing this at a conservative-leaning institution.

I'm pretty sure Michael Moore has done something similar, he's about the same level as O'Keefe.

Regardless of ideology, what these guys do is pretty disingenuous. It's the equivalent of making up a thesis that fits your agenda, and only taking note of sources that comply with your argument. Easy, lazy, but bombastic enough to usually garner some notice until your methods are placed under a microscope.

Last edited by Don Draper on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I'm pretty Michael Moore has done something similar, he's about the same level as O'Keefe.

Regardless of ideology, what these guys do is pretty disingenuous. It's the equivalent of making up a thesis that fits your agenda, and only taking note of sources that comply with your argument. Easy, lazy, but bombastic enough to usually garner some notice until your methods are placed under a microscope.

Confirmation bias ... I guess we all fall victim to this defect at times, but O'Keefe is a real exemplar.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

You mean ISIS isn't a fraternity?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
You mean ISIS isn't a fraternity?

It stands for "I skidaddle into sex"
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I'm pretty sure Michael Moore has done something similar, he's about the same level as O'Keefe.

True.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: