OFFICIAL NICK YOUNG THREAD....He signed for 1 year with GSW....Goodbye Swaggy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject:

Unthinkable before the season started, but Nick Young is obviously the best player on the Lakers I don't know if that's more of a compliment to Nick Young or a mark of shame for Kobe.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Unthinkable before the season started, but Nick Young is obviously the best player on the Lakers I don't know if that's more of a compliment to Nick Young or a mark of shame for Kobe.

He has made a career out of being a good player on bad teams.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject:

just what the team needed? we still stink.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject:

It seems like he has more of a chip on his shoulder this season. I don't see him smiling and celebrating on the floor as much, even when he goes off and hits a few. Maybe he needs that stuff to play better.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:

How is Nick better than Kobe?
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
where24happens wrote:

How is Nick better than Kobe?

Don't know about being best on the team, but stuff like this is hella fun to see

Over the head circus shot
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujyj8zAgAhs

Just inside half court
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lLhrb81Jr8U
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject:

so.....what's the deal with his injury?
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:

Hahahaha...this is just too funny.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject:

SWAGGY-P?

Quote:
After a disappointing season for both the Lakers and Young, it would not be surprising to see him dangled in summer trade talks.

Yes, no, maybe? link
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject:

So what is the consensus here with Nick Young? Keep him or try to trade him this offseason? He has a fairly decent contract for his talent level. He and Byron are like oil and water. Assuming Bryon stays on for next season what do we do? If you want him gone then would you be willing to include a draft pick to move him? That is what it will probably take. Or just accept his happy go lucky clown act for another season. I doubt he is going to change much.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
So what is the consensus here with Nick Young? Keep him or try to trade him this offseason? He has a fairly decent contract for his talent level. He and Byron are like oil and water. Assuming Bryon stays on for next season what do we do? If you want him gone then would you be willing to include a draft pick to move him? That is what it will probably take. Or just accept his happy go lucky clown act for another season. I doubt he is going to change much.

Pay the rest of his contract and cut him.....
Do a Josh Smith.
Sorry, but I believe he is a big locker room cancer.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject:

There is a high chance that young gets traded to a team that needs to spread the floor.. I'm not sure if young for Gerald Henderson works under the trade checker but I can see something like that going down.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Let BS deal with this loser clown, not willing to giveaway more assets for another mistake. I'll tolerate his dumb antics if I can watch Randle/Clarkson/top5/Kobe/whatever FA. He'll be on a short leash for sure though, with more talent coming next year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject:

Who wants this guy anyways? Hey, 3 more years at $5m per...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
There is a high chance that young gets traded to a team that needs to spread the floor.. I'm not sure if young for Gerald Henderson works under the trade checker but I can see something like that going down.

Henderson is a FA so he can't be traded unless it is a S&T.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject:

Nick young would look good in a Spurs uniform they might need someone to spread the floor especially if green walks in FA.
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

keep him I guess, he may be gone after his comments the other day, they asked him something to the effect "do you listen and learn from coach scott" and he said "naw, I don't need that" or something really effed up. I'm tired of his stupid interviews, I lose brain cells every time he says anything.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
32 wrote:

Do a Josh Smith.

Wow. That would be pretty drastic.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
32 wrote:

Do a Josh Smith.

Wow. That would be pretty drastic.

Not really. But only if he's really becoming that big of a distraction, which I don't think he is. That $15m will be spread so thin over 5-6 years that we wouldn't be affected too much cap space wise.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

$5 Million is actually pretty reasonable. Especially with the big spike in player salaries set for the 2016-17 season. He is still in his prime. Great scorer off the bench. I think a team would be willing to take him to make salaries work if the Lakers get involved in a big trade. Or possibly dangle our late first rounder or early 2nd rounder as trade bait.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

I would keep him as he is a good 6th man. His trade value is at an all time low so we would have to include a draft pick for another team to take him which is counterproductive to our rebuilding efforts.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

$5 Million is actually pretty reasonable. Especially with the big spike in player salaries set for the 2016-17 season. He is still in his prime. Great scorer off the bench. I think a team would be willing to take him to make salaries work if the Lakers get involved in a big trade. Or possibly dangle our late first rounder or early 2nd rounder as trade bait.

Not worth trading our picks to get him off the team. I gather they will keep him next year and proceed accordingly.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

His antics might not seem bad if next season is a better one.

Aside from the Boston celebrations, i dont mind him much.

I think hes likeable in thr lockeroom and is probably just fed up with the scott, old school, mentality.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Not worth trading our picks to get him off the team. I gather they will keep him next year and proceed accordingly.

I don't think his contract will be hard to move.... it's very cap friendly and a lot of teams these days value someone who can spread the floor... the problem is... Scott doesn't like him very much.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

Easy solution with Nick Young.

Put together a better team next year that has enough talent so that he isn't the 2nd best player on the darn team and can remain a 6th man.

If you want success then you need a team talented enough for Nick young to be the 4th or 5th most important player or 3rd at MOST.

But we haven't. He was our best player last tree AR and this year our 2nd best next to Kobe and currently is still the 2nd best but not playing.

Change that..and you'll start to benefit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 35 of 83
Jump to: