It's gonna be sad watching Kobe's last year on a miserable team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
I am not convinced that next year we will be fielding a miserable team.
If things fall right and we keep the top 5 pick, and the FO can land another Jordan Clarkson with our later picks, next year we could have a very young and exciting team to watch. They may not compete right away but that would be a fun group to watch develop and we would be building toward something, instead of watching a group of one year rentals trying to get theirs.

I pay way to much money for season tickets to watch a young team which needs to develop......two years with no stars on it and now watch a team develop.....that wont work

But that is what we have. The days of spoiled fans are over, just as they were in 1991.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
Next season depends on a FA acquisition. It's unlikely that an improved Clarkson and two rookies (Randle included) will have us contending for the 8th seed without a marquee FA signing.

I think the 8th seed is a lofty goal (though it would make me very happy). I think a .500 record next season would be a great step forward.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

Towns
Love
Randle
Kobe
JC

Should be fun to watch atleast.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:

I'd say we have no idea what kind of team we'll have. We just have a bunch of questions:

1. Will Kobe be able to play - and for how well and how long?
2. Will Randle actually turn into anything?
3. Will Clarkson keep up with his promising start?
4. What draft picks will we get … and how long will they take to develop, if they develop?
5. Will we sign a marquee free agent or swing and miss again?

Making guesses about this stuff at this stage is like throwing darts at a dart board about putting on a blindfold and being spun around three times. No outcome would surprise me, but the odds are against every dart hitting a bull's-eye.
DSF_27
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: It's gonna be sad watching Kobe's last year on a miserable team

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
I'm kind of hoping Kobe be wise and just retire and not go through the torture of playing with a bunch of scrubs and him being the butt of jokes and internet memes. Considering we gift wrap our pick to Philly, and get laughed at and spurned by FA's... Why in the heck would Kobe wanna bust his tail to win 28 games?

I'll give you 25 MILLION reasons that wont happen.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: It's gonna be sad watching Kobe's last year on a miserable team

DSF_27 wrote:
LakeShowSince84 wrote:
I'm kind of hoping Kobe be wise and just retire and not go through the torture of playing with a bunch of scrubs and him being the butt of jokes and internet memes. Considering we gift wrap our pick to Philly, and get laughed at and spurned by FA's... Why in the heck would Kobe wanna bust his tail to win 28 games?

I'll give you 25 MILLION reasons that wont happen.

Most sane people would leave $25 million so they don't have to play basketball with a bunch of scrubs. DUH!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
If things fall right and we keep the top 5 pick, and the FO can land another Jordan Clarkson with our later picks, next year we could have a very young and exciting team to watch. They may not compete right away but that would be a fun group to watch develop and we would be building toward something, instead of watching a group of one year rentals trying to get theirs.

I pay way to much money for season tickets to watch a young team which needs to develop......two years with no stars on it and now watch a team develop.....that wont work

It is impossible to win without at least one superstar, and Jim/Mitch have no way around that. And I agree with you that I wouldn't pay my hard-earned money to watch a bunch of D-Leagers either. If the FO can't land a star then they need to lower the ticket prices dramatically. I rememer back when the clippers played at the Sports Arena you could get tickets for $10 all day...and those teams were actually better than what we got out there on the floor now.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
Next season depends on a FA acquisition. It's unlikely that an improved Clarkson and two rookies (Randle included) will have us contending for the 8th seed without a marquee FA signing.

I think the 8th seed is a lofty goal (though it would make me very happy). I think a .500 record next season would be a great step forward.

At this point, without knowing the roster makeup next year, I agree.

Subtract about 8-10 from the average Laker fan projection and you'll get the more likely one. Haha.

There is no reason to believe we'll be a 50 win team next year. That would end up being a 100% improvement. Not likely.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

It is a bummer to see Kobe go out on a non-contending team. But maybe that is the easier way to ultimately retire, I think it would be harder if the team was almost there....at this point it will probably be a relief to him when he announces it.

And I fully expect him to get paid next season. The man has earned it, clearly.

It is time to pull Kobe even closer to the organization and make him a Laker for life in the organization....Kobe is a smart guy, I think he could be a good front office guy someday.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

It is impossible to win without at least one superstar, and Jim/Mitch have no way around that. And I agree with you that I wouldn't pay my hard-earned money to watch a bunch of D-Leagers either. If the FO can't land a star then they need to lower the ticket prices dramatically. I rememer back when the clippers played at the Sports Arena you could get tickets for $10 all day...and those teams were actually better than what we got out there on the floor now.

if fans are willing to pay high prices to watch a bunch of D Leaguers wearing Lakers uniforms, the front office will be more than happy to take their money
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject:

I doubt next season is his lasat. I think his focus next season is to show that he has some left in the tank. Kobe as a 3rd option is scary. If we can lure Love in and kobe resigns on the cheap with Durant coming in. U never know
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
I doubt next season is his lasat. I think his focus next season is to show that he has some left in the tank. Kobe as a 3rd option is scary. If we can lure Love in and kobe resigns on the cheap with Durant coming in. U never know

No. Enough. We have to move on.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject:

If the team is miserable it's mostly Kobe's fault. All he had to do was be nice to Dwight for one season and he would have re signed here. Once he's signed long term... then you can put the hammer down.

Magic acted humble to Kareem... result was 5 championships...

Kobe engages in power struggle with Shaq and Dwight... probably loses at least two rings.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:

Kobe for cheap? Haven't we learned already? He's retiring before taking the MLE or even 12m.
Rugbar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Do you guys think Kobe's usage rate will drop from this year's 34.9 and that his TS% will increase from this year's .477? (At his age, both usually drop.) Lakers' basketball will be hard to watch otherwise... Surely his defense isn't likely to improve from near worst among NBA 2 guards (based on defensive real +/-)

If Kobe doesn't consent to fewer minutes, to sitting out back-to-backs, and to focusing on being a facilitator, then his presence is going to hurt the team (if not in the wins column, then at least in terms of development).

Last edited by Rugbar on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Would people rather watch him be minimized on a good team? At least he can go out being the top dog and doing whatever he wants.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject:

I hope Kobe gets to be the basketball equivalent of a designated hitter next year.
Minimal defensive responsibilities, and easy opportunities on offense.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

But that is what we have. The days of spoiled fans are over, just as they were in 1991.

That's right, if management screws up deflect by blaming the fans.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

....and one excellent free agent signing.

--Anonymous
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

We're gonna bring back Hill. ....tank 3
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: It's gonna be sad watching Kobe's last year on a miserable team

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
Why in the heck would Kobe wanna bust his tail to win 28 games?

Because he is Kobe and he would bust his tail to win if he was playing in the Serbian 3rd League
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject:

It was even sadder seeing Prime kobe on a garbage team...Mitch needs to go brehs
Rigged4fun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Jeez great Laker fans. You're already predicting next season without this season finishing. Thank heaven you never were fans when they lost one world championship series after another. Maybe you naysayers need to find a new team? Patience isn't obviously your strong point. It takes time for a team to become great. I've seen them when they came to LA and had some miserable teams. I'm sure most of you started following the Lakers when Dr. Buss took over. You never saw a game at the Sports Arena or the Forum. The Lakers weren't that good in LA until they got Wilt came here.

As far as Kobe goes, he's won 5 rings. How about guys like Elgin Baylor who never was on a championship team, or Jerry West who only got one ring? Please understand it takes time to build a team, and Kobe will play as many games as his body will allow him. He has his rings, now he'll move on to retirement or possibly play more. But those of you who are ready to give up next season better think about whether you're a real fan or just a bandwagon rider.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Rigged4fun wrote:
Jeez great Laker fans. You're already predicting next season without this season finishing. Thank heaven you never were fans when they lost one world championship series after another. Maybe you naysayers need to find a new team? Patience isn't obviously your strong point. It takes time for a team to become great. I've seen them when they came to LA and had some miserable teams. I'm sure most of you started following the Lakers when Dr. Buss took over. You never saw a game at the Sports Arena or the Forum. The Lakers weren't that good in LA until they got Wilt came here.

As far as Kobe goes, he's won 5 rings. How about guys like Elgin Baylor who never was on a championship team, or Jerry West who only got one ring? Please understand it takes time to build a team, and Kobe will play as many games as his body will allow him. He has his rings, now he'll move on to retirement or possibly play more. But those of you who are ready to give up next season better think about whether you're a real fan or just a bandwagon rider.

I've been a fan since the 80's. I didn't live through the Elgin Baylor\Jerry West years. However, I do know that they had a good team. I mean, yes the celtics beat them a bunch of times in the Finals but at least they made it to the Finals. It was just that the celtics had deeper teams. The entire starting 5 of those celtic teams are all in the HOF, including the 6th man, so it was tough going up against them. Now after West retired and before Kareem signed with us, I will admit that those teams weren't very good. But that only lasted a couple years, and even those teams had Connie Hawkins, Happy Hairston and Gail Goodrich. Honestly, I don't think the Lakers have ever been this pathetic since they came to L.A. in 1960. I'm a true believer in every dog has his/her day, and it's inevitable that you're going to suck at some point. But for me at least, I'm not so much upset about us being horrible...it's the piss-poor decisions that put us here that upset me more than anything!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject:

I think it's been pretty sad for a while now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: