Lakers Could Have Up to 4 Draft Choices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Now that HGH testing is getting more stringent league-wide. I wouldn't be surprised if lengthy athleticism is the common denominator for the league's future superstars.

This is sooo true.
Also raising up a conspiracy point I've discussed many times with my boys at the barbershop. Maybe why Lbj, Melo, and Kobe been hurt this season.

Kobe does have a legit excuse as he's entering his 20th season.
But none for Lebron and Melo who's been relatively healthy their entire careers leading up to this current season.

Sure Lebron was out for like a couple of weeks and is currently back In full force today. But you can still see he isn't as explosive for the entire 48 of a game like during his tenure with the heat.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

No one is talking about Stein. He has potential to be a defensive presence and good rebounder.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
No one is talking about Stein. He has potential to be a defensive presence and good rebounder.

WCS actually gets talked about a lot around here. His name frequently gets tossed around as a top 5 pick here, which is actually a few spots higher than what most mocks have him at.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
defense wrote:

WCS actually gets talked about a lot around here. His name frequently gets tossed around as a top 5 pick here, which is actually a few spots higher than what most mocks have him at.

The most reputable mock - Draft Express has him at 5. But ya we show him a lot of love here, all the time
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Now that HGH testing is getting more stringent league-wide. I wouldn't be surprised if lengthy athleticism is the common denominator for the league's future superstars.
This is sooo true. Also raising up a conspiracy point I've discussed many times with my boys at the barbershop. Maybe why LBJ, Melo, and Kobe have been hurt this season.

Kobe does have a legit excuse as he's entering his 20th season.
But none for Lebron and Melo who's been relatively healthy their entire careers leading up to this current season.

Sure Lebron was out for like a couple of weeks and is currently back In full force today. But you can still see he isn't as explosive for the entire 48 of a game like during his tenure with the heat.
Could one add Kevin Durant to the above-list of players, given that he is out for this entire season - including the playoffs?

With HCs now commonly exercising the DNPRest option started by Pop, will players use this option to hide what they are doing? Should ticket-holders get a refund if stars just decided not to play because they need to "rest?"
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
repandpresent wrote:
Okafor
Mudiay
Russell
Johnson.

Personally I would not be upset if the Lakers took Stanley Johnson ahead of everyone not named Jahlil Okafor.

Stanley has every tool to be a premier defender. He utilizes his footwork and quickness to guard 1s and 2s and uses his size to guard 3s and 4s. He is basically the same size as Julius Randle but quicker and dare I say stronger. He is what Ron Artest was at St. Johns.

But the list up top is my draft order. The only players in the top 5 that scare me are Towns and Russell. I keep seeing Jordan Crawford and John Henson in them.

I think Robert Upshaw would be a heck of a steal with the late first round pick. If he drops that bad habit he would easily be a lottery pick.

On this day, even with a few years in the pros, Henson has about 50% of the offense that Towns has as a freshman in college.
Coach Dave Miller has documented the many similarities between Stanley Johnson and Ron Artest while meeting the need of a SF with Wes Johnson being so inconsistent
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
repandpresent wrote:
Okafor
Mudiay
Russell
Johnson.

Personally I would not be upset if the Lakers took Stanley Johnson ahead of everyone not named Jahlil Okafor.

Stanley has every tool to be a premier defender. He utilizes his footwork and quickness to guard 1s and 2s and uses his size to guard 3s and 4s. He is basically the same size as Julius Randle but quicker and dare I say stronger. He is what Ron Artest was at St. Johns.

But the list up top is my draft order. The only players in the top 5 that scare me are Towns and Russell. I keep seeing Jordan Crawford and John Henson in them.

I think Robert Upshaw would be a heck of a steal with the late first round pick. If he drops that bad habit he would easily be a lottery pick.

On this day, even with a few years in the pros, Henson has about 50% of the offense that Towns has as a freshman in college.
Coach Dave Miller has documented the many similarities between Stanley Johnson and Ron Artest while meeting the need of a SF with Wes Johnson being so inconsistent

Very similar on defense, and the similarities even extend to size 6-7 250, but the question is on offense in that Artest turned out to be a pretty darn good offensive player for a number of years. That's were he'll need work.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

#4. D'Angelo Russell

#27. Kris Dunn

#34. Gary Payton

#55. Robert Upshaw
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
#4. D'Angelo Russell

#27. Kris Dunn

#34. Gary Payton

#55. Robert Upshaw

Yeah Dunn likely going lottery and upshaw is gone way before then.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject:

if its 4 and okafor, towns and russell are gone then draft WCS and get him to workout with Kareem.

why cant he show great footwork like kareem?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
#4. D'Angelo Russell

#27. Kris Dunn

#34. Gary Payton

#55. Robert Upshaw

It's okay to dream
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
repandpresent wrote:
Okafor
Mudiay
Russell
Johnson.

Very similar on defense, and the similarities even extend to size 6-7 250, but the question is on offense in that Artest turned out to be a pretty darn good offensive player for a number of years. That's were he'll need work.
According to Coach Dave Miller and shown examples on tv, it appears that his offensive skills are better than Artest at this stage of his career with a legitimate outside shot.

Lakers have some trade assets that they can use. With Randle, JHill, Black and Davis as true PFs (and some PT at 5), as oppose to RKelly, one of them can be used if the get either Okafor or Towns in the draft. JHill appears to be the logical choice since it is hard to imagine him as the starting 5 for a title-contending team.

Hopefully they will get a FA who is a legitimate scoring threat that would limit their need for a rookie scorer
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject:

For now, subject to change in 10 minutes:

#4 - Winslow
#27 - Upshaw
#34 - Tyrone Wallace
#55 - Moussa Diagne or Alan Williams
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

#4 - Winslow
#27 - Upshaw
#34 - Tyrone Wallace

Winslowe over WCS? Why
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

#4 - Winslow
#27 - Upshaw
#34 - Tyrone Wallace

Winslowe over WCS? Why

Winslow can be a defensive monster AND he's got a lot of potential on offense.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
#4. D'Angelo Russell

#27. Kris Dunn

#34. Gary Payton

#55. Robert Upshaw

Gary's son is entering the draft?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Should the Lakers first draft "big" or for a scorer

Last edited by A Mad Chinaman on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

#4 - Winslow
#27 - Upshaw
#34 - Tyrone Wallace
Winslow over WCS? Why
Winslow over Sranley Johnson?
http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/justise-winslow-1.html
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

#4 - Winslow
#27 - Upshaw
#34 - Tyrone Wallace
Winslow over WCS? Why
Winslow over Sranley Johnson?
http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/justise-winslow-1.html

I'm warming more to Winslow. We talk a lot about a guy Kobe can tutor and how that would even work. With this guy, anything he could pickup on that athletic frame would be great. I still think if WCS checks out medically he's hard to pass at 4, but Winslow is a heck of a template and his stock is rising.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

#4 - Winslow
#27 - Upshaw
#34 - Tyrone Wallace

I've been thinking about drafting Upshaw for a few days now and I think it's better to go after him with a second round pick, because that's an unguaranteed deal.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject:

I would love to get 4 draft choices, maybe use the 2nd rounders on some Euros that we stash overseas for a while?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

#4 - Winslow
#27 - Upshaw
#34 - Tyrone Wallace

I've been thinking about drafting Upshaw for a few days now and I think it's better to go after him with a second round pick, because that's an unguaranteed deal.

I am not sure he will be there with our second round pick.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject:

The Lakers currently at draft position #4 can help themselves to get very close to draft position #3 today by losing to the 76ers, the team that is now 1½ games ahead of them currently holding position #3.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
repandpresent wrote:
Okafor
Mudiay
Russell
Johnson.

According to Coach Dave Miller and shown examples on tv, it appears that his offensive skills are better than Artest at this stage of his career with a legitimate outside shot.

Lakers have some trade assets that they can use. With Randle, JHill, Black and Davis as true PFs (and some PT at 5), as oppose to RKelly, one of them can be used if the get either Okafor or Towns in the draft. JHill appears to be the logical choice since it is hard to imagine him as the starting 5 for a title-contending team.

Hopefully they will get a FA who is a legitimate scoring threat that would limit their need for a rookie scorer

I would definitely try to keep Randle, he looks very promising.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
repandpresent wrote:
Okafor
Mudiay
Russell
Johnson.

I would definitely try to keep Randle, he looks very promising.

I have low expectations for Randle. Especially for next year.
If he has minimal improvement but stays healthy for 75+ games, it's a win.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: