OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject:

How can you have a coaches discussion, when we know he has to lose every game from here on out?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject:

I'm totally shocked no one is blasting BS for making us win this important game and following it with his ridiculous comments in the press conference!!
shaq3234
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject:

KG24 wrote:
How can you have a coaches discussion, when we know he has to lose every game from here on out?

Pretty much. There won't be until next season when there will be, hopefully, viable and noteworthy talent.

I still think B-Scott can coach in this league given the right opportunity.

-led NJ to multiple finals appearances (aside from Kidd, they were pretty meek in-terms of talent)
-were one game away from beating the Spurs & meeting LA in the conference finals back in 2008 -- a stacked conference to be sure
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

shaq3234 wrote:
KG24 wrote:

Pretty much. There won't be until next season when there will be, hopefully, viable and noteworthy talent.

-led NJ to multiple finals appearances (aside from Kidd, they were pretty meek in-terms of talent)
-were one game away from beating the Spurs & meeting LA in the conference finals back in 2008 -- a stacked conference to be sure
Has had losing seasons ever since. He's a garbage coach. Their are alot better out there than this guy
shaq3234
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject:

Blade wrote:
shaq3234 wrote:
KG24 wrote:

Has had losing seasons ever since. He's a garbage coach. Their are alot better out there than this guy

He hasn't had much to work with since. Lets be honest.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

shaq3234 wrote:
Blade wrote:
shaq3234 wrote:
KG24 wrote:

He hasn't had much to work with since. Lets be honest.

When you're given crap and you produce worse then crap, that's not good. Philly is trash but brown has them playing good defense. Scott has been bottom 5 in defense 6 straight times he's coached. Its unprecedented.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject:

If it were up to me, I would have fired Scott right on the spot after that win against the Sixers. Backlash be damned! Just have Mark Madsen take over and tell him to bench the vets like Scott is supposed too.

Just sick of Scott now. The guy is an awful coach when trying to win and an awful coach when we need to tank.

Derek Fisher seems to be the only one that gets it. Hell, he helped the Lakers as a Knicks coach more so than Scott ever has here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

Yeah, that 20% winning clip is horrible for the tank. At that rate we might win another 2 or 3 games this season!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Yeah, that 20% winning clip is horrible for the tank. At that rate we might win another 2 or 3 games this season!

20% winning percentage means they won't gain ground on the Wolves, Knicks or 76ers.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

20% winning percentage means they won't gain ground on the Wolves, Knicks or 76ers.

Yeah, but they actually have...

I mentioned a few weeks back that LA had very little shot at the top 3 because the schedules and the fact that all of the teams are tanking means you simply can't make up significant ground over the long term. Just as LA lost ground when winning three straight, then made it back when Philly won a few games, the long trend is that both teams are playing at the bottom of the heap, Philly has an easier schedule, and short term trends of one direction or the other won't likely hold up. Same reason I didn't have Orlando catching LA.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject:

The simple fact is that the Lakers were a .330 club by late December, in danger of not being in the bottom 8-10, and have dropped all the way into the 4th slot since then. That is and was about as good as could be expected against teams going deep into losses far earlier.
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Head coach Byron Scott said that general manager Mitch Kupchak complimented him during their most recent meeting last week:

"He said I’ve been doing a great job in getting all these guys to play hard every night,” Scott said. “With all the injuries that we’ve had and to be in the games that we’ve been in, he thinks I’ve done a terrific job.”

"Scott reported the Lakers’ front office conceded a possible lengthy rebuilding process that they would address in the 2015 offseason through the NBA Draft in late June and free agency in July".

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-mitch-kupchak-says-byron-scott-is-doing-a-great-job/2015/03/23/
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Nordvader wrote:
Head coach Byron Scott said that general manager Mitch Kupchak complimented him during their most recent meeting last week:

"He said I’ve been doing a great job in getting all these guys to play hard every night,” Scott said. “With all the injuries that we’ve had and to be in the games that we’ve been in, he thinks I’ve done a terrific job.”

"Scott reported the Lakers’ front office conceded a possible lengthy rebuilding process that they would address in the 2015 offseason through the NBA Draft in late June and free agency in July".

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-mitch-kupchak-says-byron-scott-is-doing-a-great-job/2015/03/23/

I would like to hear that from Mitch's mouth instead. Not like Mitch would really say otherwise but at this point, I don't buy any of BS's crap.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Condolences to Coach Scott.

Mark Medina just tweeted this...
Quote:
Lakers impressed on how Byron Scott coached a week while privately grieving over his mother's passing bit.ly/1BOPqLq

Also, Lakers inspired by Byron Scott in wake of mother's death
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Condolences to Coach Scott.

Mark Medina just tweeted this...
Quote:
Lakers impressed on how Byron Scott coached a week while privately grieving over his mother's passing bit.ly/1BOPqLq

Also, Lakers inspired by Byron Scott in wake of mother's death

Wish Scott the best.
Must've been tough for him to coach yesterday.
Shows the strong character and sense of responsibility Scott has.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COACH SCOTT!!
https://www.facebook.com/losangeleslakers?fref=nf
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject:

KG24 wrote:

He's sucked all season.

He's actually been better now compared to earlier.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
KG24 wrote:

He's sucked all season.

He's actually been better now compared to earlier.

So he's better now that he's playing Clarkson, Lin and the bench more?
I guess so.
I just hope we keep losing.

Maybe it Pressey's coaching you're noticing.
Scott missed time due to his mother passing.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Someone said that Byron is not running the same offense he did earlier in the season. I don't know if it's something he'll carry over in to next season.
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Someone said that Byron is not running the same offense he did earlier in the season. I don't know if it's something he'll carry over in to next season.

Probably not. The return of Kobe will change the dynamic, not to mention the return of Randle and whatever other roster changes happen in the off-season.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the thread discussing BS "throwing his players under the bus" has been locked. We can continue it here I assume. If not...mods let me know.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Bill Oram @billoram · 9m 9 minutes ago

Byron Scott’s comments have made their way to the Lakers. One was glad to hear it. “He said what needed to be said,” Ed Davis said.

Bill Oram @billoram · 6m 6 minutes ago

Ed Davis was glad to hear Byron hold locker room accountable. “I just know he wasn’t talking about me 100%.”
4 retweets 5 favorites

Last edited by Omar Little on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Good. I hope Davis is one of the players that is back next year.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Ed Davis is someone who wants to play here and plays with heart and effort most of the time of course he was probably talking about players who probably don't care about the situation.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Bill Oram @billoram · 9m 9 minutes ago

Byron Scott’s comments have made their way to the Lakers. One was glad to hear it. “He said what needed to be said,” Ed Davis said.

Bill Oram @billoram · 6m 6 minutes ago

Ed Davis was glad to hear Byron hold locker room accountable. “I just know he wasn’t talking about me 100%.”
4 retweets 5 favoritest needed to be said,” Ed Davis said.

Clarkson be like "finally he said something. Tired of carrying these scrubs already".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 156 of 694
Jump to: